(-) Flax/Cotton

Kayden
Novice Scribe

(-) Flax/Cotton

Post by Kayden »

Could you think about this,

I am a Farmer,
I am not making nothing compared to a hunter.
At this time I am only selling Spools of Thread for 2gp each
It's Now worth my time.

Can you think about making flax worth 10-13gp each?
IF you think about this then compare it to a hunters
easy 100k a hour?
I would have to pick 10,000flax to make his wage
I'm Willing to work for my money but im not willing to sit at a spinning wheel for 45-1hour spinning 5000 spools of thread.. for 10,000 gold. give me a break? I know that people could macro this but I believe even if they did.
At 10-13gold per flax they could still make more as a hunter doing champs and selling the items they get from doom.

So please for RP sake please give us farmers a chance to earn a living,
If your willing to spend a day picking flax then you've earned the money you make.

Please take this into consideration.

P.S for 3 hours of work

To Pick / Spin / Sell I only made 10k, gold.. thats garbage.
Hell if you took out farming because you could macro it then take out Fishing/Lumberjacking/Mining. because all these are macroable aswell..

Im sorry to be so confrontational but ill leave it as this thank you for your time.

Signed,

Kayden Labrie
Ithir
Passer by

Post by Ithir »

1. It is against the rules to AFK resource gather. Fully automated resource gathering bots don't/shouldn't exist on this shard.

2. You forgot a very important step - turning your thread into something else.

Few tips:
1. Get a loom in your house. It will yield one bolt of cloth per three thread instead of five.

2. Use more than one spinning wheel. I use four myself.

It isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. In less than a half hour I can have 1k bolts of cloth. Thats 50,000 cloth. I can either turn those into fancy shirts or cloaks and make a tidy profit.
Kayden
Novice Scribe

Post by Kayden »

Let me explain something to you your not adding in, Resource gathering, Spinning it into spools of thread then looming the thread into Bolts,
On top of that you also goto make 50,000 fancy shirts and then Sell them well that will take you a complete day. Don't make it sound easier then it is.

P.S I'm a Farmer not a Tailor. And who said I Was going to AFK macro when I clearly said that I am going to RP a Farmer Oh and its 5 Spools per bolt.
Neamh
Novice Scribe

Post by Neamh »

Instead of coming off as rude you could try and be appreciative of the fact that someone else is offering advice to try and help.

And Ithir wasn't saying that you AFK macro.
Hell if you took out farming because you could macro it then take out Fishing/Lumberjacking/Mining. because all these are macroable aswell..
It was in reference to that. Why take it out completely when it's against the rules and you get in trouble for it anyways?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well if it isnt worth your time, then i guess it's best if you dont do that. If ointments go for 2k each, and you get 10 ointments an hour, then someone could complain why it's even there, since you get only 20k per hour.

The thing with the crops is that it can be macroed and it can be a real money bringer. So when i put them in, i also took the fun out of it - fun beein the part where you get lots of money.

At 51gp per flax it's possible to get 1.5 million gold per hour (with a bag of holding). Even if someone is at the keyboard, and at 10gp per flax, without a bag of holding, it would yield at least 100k per hour.

Thank you for your idea, but well, for now, i guess this can be fun for those who find inner peace by picking these and not get much in return.
I'm sorry you wasted 3 hours. Maybe you should at first try doing it for 10 minutes and then seeing if it's worth it.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Kayden
Novice Scribe

Post by Kayden »

What is the difference between making money by Slaying mobs or farming flax? I mean we make tons of gold from Champs and balrons what the heck is the difference I spend an hour picking or spend a hour fighting same shit different pile.

This is garbage,

Just limit the price of Flax so its not 1.5mill a n hour dont make me spin loom and freakin make fancy shirts for 4hours to make 100k! 5hours give me a break make it so its not so slow and boring Farming is a proffesion and so is hunting you should make it so balrons only give 1.5k each! then i ll stop complaining. see how everyone reacts to that 6k a kill 3 kills evry 3-5mins if this is so thats 18,000gold evry 5minutes , 12x5minutes in one hour so 12x5x18,000 (3balrons at 6,000gold) = 216k. So take that and put it into perspective while im farming and in 5hours i make only 100k? That is rediculas

So if i go and I farm for one hour make 100k or if somone goes and huntis for one hour and makes 180-216k what is th difference? I think picking flax is a little more dull and challenging due to patience so for you to delete out Flax/Cotton out of sell then cut down Balron loot to 1.5k gold per kill so they only make 12x5x4500 (3 Balrons at 1500) = 90,000 gold... that seems more reasonable.

So my conclusion comes to this You think making a 100,000gold picking flax for a hour straight isn't fair then take into consideration all other things.

P.S
Im curious are you upset that possibly people who spend 250 a flax seed who plant a whole field worth and do this on a regular basis, may actually make some money? I'm confused.. macroing? Well if you catch people macroing ban them. Everything can be macroed. Im just looking to be a professional farmer beehive keeper and have a little workshop.

Don't let people ruin the shard for everyone else, the shard has max 20 people on, Everyone knows one another dosnt look like people will be macroing any time soon.

Signed,
Kayden
+Rayne
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Rayne »

Not all professions are created equal. Some take more time and effort. This is how the game is played.

There is no danger, chance of death, or chance of pet death in farming. Simple as that. There is more at stake when you are out hunting/gathering/champing.

So, be glad that you do not have to worry about all the things hunters have to worry about. Be glad you do not have tools that will break as a crafter. Be glad there is absolutely no risk involved, but that you merely have to work. And if you choose to make fancy shirts or the like, as Ithir mentioned, be glad that the only thing you have to deal with is a sewing kit.

Enjoy the hard working life of a farmer, if you really intend to RP one. It is not an easy task when it comes to time. Not everything can be packaged and presented ready to collect on. You must work to succeed and you must choose the prefession that you feel most comfortable. You have chosen farming, so figure out ways to make it work for your needs.

I am not quite sure why you put so much money into it without thinking through it fully, but this was your decision. Now you have much flax and plenty of things to do with it. Have fun!
[Administrator of Excelsior]

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent to give strength to make it fly.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

P.S. kayden, maroing is allowed.

resource gathering too, us long as it is not unattended.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I couldnt say it any better than Rayne.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Kayden
Novice Scribe

Post by Kayden »

Ok, now let me interpret what I have boughten to create this farm 250GP per flax seed/180,000gold for a hoem to place this flax and spin and loom it.

Money for the looms and spinning wheels

Excessive amount of time and effort. if you calculate all my costs there roughly 1million gold. So if your concern is i dont get killed well maybe consider I spent almost a million gold to start this up.

In Reality A Farmer makes more money then a Hunter and in Reality you can sell your produce its also known that in REality you pay more for the land and Seeds and labour but in this game all I goto pay for is the seeds, and well my own labour I put into it.

I want some justice.

Don't bring up how I dont pay for nothing.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

what is probably your best bet is opening up a vendor at townhall and sell tailor Powerscrolls ALONG with excessive amounts of cloth put on a deed slightly under vendor prices (100 per bolt, vis a vis 120)

it's 10x as profitable as selling them to a vendor(100 gp vs 10), and (new) people who want to grind tailoring to GM can buy the 20K cloth they need in a single haul, bank it, and grind. hell, get yourself some tinkering and a toolhouse, then sell ready-made ubersized tailorkits too.

heck, i'll even buy deeds that big, i need mass bandages for my bio pet, be burns about 500 per hour. people with a Cu do good to give them bandages too.

sell to players, not NPC's. no blacksmith sells katana's to the NPC for profit, you sell high end stuff, or ore (/resource) to other players.

plus, deeds dont weigh a lot, so its cheap to keep that vendor up.

i suggest you try it.
Kayden
Novice Scribe

Post by Kayden »

You know what Thank you Old Man thats the first Inteligent answer Ive heard in a few days I may do that Thank seriously.. :D
lisajgale
Passer by

Re: (-) Flax/Cotton

Post by lisajgale »

Its nice thread for me, and i would like to say that this is not important to you are former, the important is you are trying to do the better work among the cotton shirts....somelamesite dot com Bespoke shirts are made in hongkong , india, australia etc...and you are doing best job....Thanks....
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

lisajgale wrote:Its nice thread for me, and i would like to say that this is not important to you are former, the important is you are trying to do the better work among the cotton shirts....[Somelamesite dot com] are made in hongkong , india, australia etc...and you are doing best job....Thanks....
what's up with all these "let's bump a 4 year old thread" :|
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

Advertisement forum thread bots...got to love them.

Have to hand it to them though...their targeting is dead on. When I want to shop for custom clothing, I browse the uoex forum. :roll:

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!