(-) No big BOD's?

Moogie
Elder Scribe

(-) No big BOD's?

Post by Moogie »

not sure if this should be under this thread or not but here goes.

There are no weapon large bods for smithy and no normal iron ones that we have ever seen. Is this on purpose or no? If so we can ditch a ton of bods that have no use what so ever.
Friends Have all things in common -Plato-

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. -Edgar Allen Poe-
KatiJay
Elder Scribe

Post by KatiJay »

I have several large iron BODs... But you're right about there not being any Large Weapon BODs. Never noticed that. :P
IGN: Auri
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

altho i found where i could change this, but i believe this was ment to be... unless if you think it would be better to include large iron bods aswell.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Moogie
Elder Scribe

Post by Moogie »

I think there should be, you get certain things from them and its good for newb smiths to do up.

And I get normal iron exceptionals armor BOD's but not the others.

Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Skills go up so quickly you don't have time to do large iron BoDs before you level past them.
Styles
Master Scribe

Post by Styles »

it's not about skills , it's about placing all these small bods in them. if we're not going to have the large ones to put them in , why have these small-ones ? i mean ya u can do them up for a sturdy shovel, but what's the reward for turning in a full large iron in comparson? and just how many shovels do u really need ?
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Well, according to the old blacksmithing BoD page that I used to have bookmarked, they really weren't worth filling. The iron itself was better than the rewards for the normal stuff. Even exceptional iron if you could even find them all, wasn't worth it.
Moogie
Elder Scribe

Post by Moogie »

Sorry Dude this is NOT OSI, they old bod pages do not apply here.

Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

I'm not sure what the page was created from, but everytime I used it, it was accurate. I used it as I raised my black smithing so it scaled the spectrum as to what was correct or not. Whether this is OSI or not, you should take a moment to notice the attempt to make it more and more OSI like whether it's a stated goal or not.

And let me rephrase my previous post, the iron ignots themselves were worth more then the rewards for filling iron BODs, exceptional or not.
KatiJay
Elder Scribe

Post by KatiJay »

Harabakc wrote:I'm not sure what the page was created from, but everytime I used it, it was accurate. I used it as I raised my black smithing so it scaled the spectrum as to what was correct or not. Whether this is OSI or not, you should take a moment to notice the attempt to make it more and more OSI like whether it's a stated goal or not.

And let me rephrase my previous post, the iron ignots themselves were worth more then the rewards for filling iron BODs, exceptional or not.
*nods* I believe the page Hara used was created for the BOD script our shard uses, so it was accurate. It was taken down for some reason though, I think around the time they changed the way taming BODs work here.
IGN: Auri
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Actually, I found it.

http://daat99.home.dyndns.org/

Feel free to take a look, the iron regulars and exceptionals aren't worth the iron it takes to fill them. Specifically not weapons, the exceptional large iron platemail MIGHT be worth it if you really want copper runics.
Lindon
Adept Scribe

My situation is somewhat different but........lindon

Post by Lindon »

I've been accumulating dozens of large BOD's but i never get the small ones that match up to make complete order...this is on the armor btw...

On the weapon, the above discussion seems to be true for me also, though I wouls love to match at least one large BOD after months of doing armors...and some small orders for weapons..... 8) lindon
Moogie
Elder Scribe

Post by Moogie »

Well to some newbie guys i have talked to they would be HAPPY with little copper runics! Sense they have no clue on how to do ANYTHING on here. They sure are not ready for Elementals to get them. So any runics are a good thing for them. And They enjoy doing BOD's. Crappy to you or not, they like them. Thats all I was talking about.

Jester
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Jester »

Moogie wrote:Sense they have no clue on how to do ANYTHING on here.
Give them a little credit, I have seen the new players doing very well for themselves and seem to be managing along just fine. And when they need some help, they ask and get some =P Any 2-3 people after a few days of skill gaining can do elementals.

*edit* sounded condisending, not meaning to get at that here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

From what i calculated:
If you get 20count (50) exceptional (200) plate armor (400) iron bod you get a total of 650 points which brings you:
650 | 50% Copper Runic Hammer | 50% Decorative Item

Since the players are not deprived of any mayor things I will leave this as it is.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)