(-) Powerscrolls

shumi
Master Scribe

(-) Powerscrolls

Post by shumi »

Ok, really doubt this would fly... but what the heck, right?

Well, anyone that does champs with any regularity has a bazillion powerscrolls lying around, most of which seem to be fishing... stupid MoA and hiw fishing fetish... but ok... how about a way to trade for random 120's? like an npc that if you give(just throwing out numbers) 30 110's, 20 115's and 10 120's, add some gold/tokens to the mix and you get a random 120. would cut down greatly on junk powerscrolls lying around and be another semi-gold/token sink.

also, maybe a deed on the vendor stone that is pretty pricey, that if you use it on a 120 it consume that one and give you a random 110, 115 or 120 powerscroll.
Lero
Expert Scribe

Post by Lero »

Well we shouldnt make 120 ps too easy to get. There should be only 2 ways: champs and donation.

About too big number of lesser ps we could have ps book to hold them. Eventualy make a vendor to buy them for gold or tokens, but not exchange for 120.
trikky
Elder Scribe

Post by trikky »

A trade in value....thats good....
A 110 would give you X amount and so on going up in set increments....
The TYPE of PS would not matter at all....

I like the idea....
--
CaMg(CO3)2 - Its Dolomite baby.....Dolomite!
shumi
Master Scribe

Post by shumi »

well, i really dont think that this would make them easier to get. you still are technically getting powerscrolls from champs. And if you do the numbers right, whatever they might be set at...could possibly be looking at having to do a champ 20-30 times before you could even think of doing this. probally even more, if you set the needed 120's at something kindly high. but if that doesnt go over, then make it random 115's.... i dont know.
just needs to be something done about a person having 40 fishing powerscrolls. i mean, cant sell those, not fun just trashing them. probally couldnt even give them away.
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

yeah, how much would it cost for me to pay someone to take some fishing scrolls from me? LOL
Tenashin
Novice Scribe

Post by Tenashin »

a trading system sounds like a good idea to me, i mean i have been on this shard just for a week and i have duzzens of Ps laying about i will not use and that know one wants.

say trading in 10x 110pt get you one random 115pt ps
trading in 10x 115ps gets you one random 120pt ps
and trading in 10x 120pt ps get you 10,000 tokens(95%) or a random 130ps(5%)..:P
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

hmm i dont know, it would really make powerscrolls so much more common. Not that you would need the luck to get it, just as long as you make a few dozen champs you already qualify for a 120... altho it's true that the 120 can be just a fishing PS.

I've already thougt of a way for 110 and 115 cart&inscription&lockpick, i might put fishing together with these - they will be ingredients for a powerscroll book. so that will take care of the hundreeds of such PSs laying around.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)