(-) Champ spawns timer

tamage
Novice Scribe

(-) Champ spawns timer

Post by tamage »

i feel the champ spawn timers are way to long. takes to long for them to become active again up to 6 hours on some, maybe you did it for a reason and its cool if you did , was thinking maybe shorten them to spawn faster, or have a weekend where they are active like every 30 minutes to a hour i hear alot of people needing powerscrolls i still need alot i get powerscrolls but always what i dont need LOL. on OSI i lived at the champ spawns LOL thx ,
cosima
Journeyman Scribe

Post by cosima »

i think the time is ok

and much people sells ps - in vendor
Lord Jay Jay
Master Scribe

Post by Lord Jay Jay »

cosima wrote:i think the time is ok

and much people sells ps - in vendor
Right, you mean the people who are timing when it will spawn again and not informing anyone else so they rack in the scrolls? Unacceptable. The timer is way to long. In fact, me and about 4 or 5 others almost left because of the timer. It needs to be lowered dramatically.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

not dramatically, at least not at such small playerbase. The problem with champs is, they give alot of gold. And if you just champ round-o-clock there's millions out there, making all other kinds of moneymaking obsolete.

maybe we could put their time in half, and their gold&ps also in half.

But the timers could be faster on weekends, friday-sunday evenings... i think it's a good idea, when there's more people on that the champs are a bit more frequent... but it will have to be done manually by a GM.
Not that they will be running every hour, but once on friday, once on saturday and once on sunday, when there's many people online, a gm might set the time to start half-the-time earlyer.

in my ToDo list is also a "champion spawn vision ball"... sort of thing like that, it will allow you to see if a champion spawn is active or not. won't be free tho :)
Last edited by +Colibri on Tue May 23, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
shumi
Master Scribe

Post by shumi »

Powerscrolls are probally the most powerful items in the game. A lot of difference between 100 and 120 skill. I honestly don't believe there should be any more circulating that what are. Nearly everyone has a few powerscrolls for sale, almost an abundance of them. Its usually the one or two skills that make people complain about the downtime of champs...but that is all part of what champs are.
Also, there are two MoAs and what? four? five? other champs, everyone is focusing on just the couple...spread it out some, find a nice group and go take out a few of the other champs. If they dont offer the powerscrolls you want, use one of the ones you get from them from trade bait.
trikky
Elder Scribe

Post by trikky »

Maybe have it that you could request a slot at a champ?
Say 3 people would like to do a champ at 3pm on saturday...A GM woudl respawn it?

That woudl not deflate the economy too much....And woudl allow players to have a go at eth champ
--
CaMg(CO3)2 - Its Dolomite baby.....Dolomite!
Faust
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faust »

Personaly I can't complain about timer... I do not make champs spawns often. Once a week about. I let other players do it. In my opinion doing champ again and again just after it respawned is just camping this spawn what shouldn't be acceptable. In my point of view timer could stay at what is it now, or maybe make few alters with random champ to avoid doing all time Barracoon and MoA.
tamage
Novice Scribe

Post by tamage »

you make good point colibri champ spawns are good the way they are if you change them you would have way too many PSs on server. i know on OSI servers i have played we would simply leave everything except good 120s (magery taming and such }to rot on the ground you couldnt pay people to take them LOL you done good with the timers . no change needed thx
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

hehe, whatever is a random champ gets finished as long as it's moa or coon, then the random thing brings semidar or oaks, and nobody touches that place for a few months :)
Anyway, seems good as it is. i put the "random champ timer" on my to-do list, that way they will respawn every x-y hours, instead of a fixed X hours.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)