(-) PvP. Classic OSI.

Lord Jay Jay
Master Scribe

(-) PvP. Classic OSI.

Post by Lord Jay Jay »

Simple. Order and Chaos. No exceptions. You must be in a guild and you must be in one of those two sides to PvP. Anything else is peaceland... All rules follow when it comes down to respect.

Res killing is part of the game. Don't like it ... leave your leigion...

Each side controls a down in Fel. Order is by default Brit.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

i think it's already possible to PvP in guilds, and one guild vs another... Not sure about order/chaos, was never a big PvP fan... but i think it automatically works.
Do you need town sigils for that?

Anyway, this shard is by definition No PK. PvP is allowed, currently in the pvp dungeon, and inside your own guild, i believe you can also be in war with other guilds... is that of any help?
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Lord Jay Jay
Master Scribe

Post by Lord Jay Jay »

Ah, so it does work then. Just a matter if the PK aspect of it will work.

Although, I do not think anyone should be able to get an order or Chaos shield. Those should be limited to Order or Chaos.

And these have nothing to do with town sigils. That's factions you're thinking of.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, i belive that guild vs guild does work, should, if it doesnt it needs fixin'... order and chaos shields are available to everybody, that was since the start and we cant pull that out now.

This is by definition a non-PK shard. Nobody should "watch their back" when they travel around sosaria :)
ANY PvP MUST be agreed to, if you attack someone they must agree to the duel or whatever masacre you are trying to pull off.

The PVP dungeon has a special rule, it's the only "real felucca" we have on this shard (thats why we chose such a big dungeon, the biggest there is available). If you are there, you don't need to ask anyone if you attack them, they have agreed to that the moment they entered (if they didnt read the rule book at the entrance, it's their fault).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
trikky
Elder Scribe

Post by trikky »

I have a question....

Why is it that there is always someone that joins a Non PVP shard and then asks to do PvP? If it was a PvP shard would they say they don't like PvP and then try and get the rules changed?

I have seen lots of good Non-PvP shards get PvP and then get taken over by griefers and the like....Not saying that this will happen here....But please, Col.....Be careful...this is a great shard....I'd like to see it stay this way.
--
CaMg(CO3)2 - Its Dolomite baby.....Dolomite!
Lord Jay Jay
Master Scribe

Post by Lord Jay Jay »

trikky wrote:I have a question....

Why is it that there is always someone that joins a Non PVP shard and then asks to do PvP? If it was a PvP shard would they say they don't like PvP and then try and get the rules changed?

I have seen lots of good Non-PvP shards get PvP and then get taken over by griefers and the like....Not saying that this will happen here....But please, Col.....Be careful...this is a great shard....I'd like to see it stay this way.
Right, which is why I'm saying having PvP limited to only order and choas. Much like the PvP dungeon, joining one of those legions will be your own doing for PvP. Shard does not change. Nor do the rules.

It remains a PvM shard, but with some bent rules. And this is what people like. And DO NOT reply saying that what I just said is false because I've ran a PvM guild that did have some PvP and was one of the most successfull guilds on that shard.

Why was it so successfull? Because people were able to go out and PvM whenever they wanted and was able to go out and PvP when they got bored with monsters... It's almost a garantee win with a monster. Where is the fun in that? I came to this server because the layout was similar to what I made my guild into. Believe me when I say, "I know what I'm talking about."

It's not easy running duo divisions. But it can be done and people absalutly LOVE it.
Lero
Expert Scribe

Post by Lero »

Well... i see it that way. As probably most of you know there are few kinds of fights.

Pk- Player killing is worst of all. Killing another players for items, other benefits, revange or even cause you dont like how other player is named (no-reason).

PvP- i devide it into 2 groups as well.

PvP w/o fear of loosing items. I've met that in other mmorpg's. When you die other player dont get any of your items, instead he get some points/ranks or whatever. You still look around while walking through land, if there is other player. Imo its like Pk with exception of items.

Pvp as duel. If players are just bored of killing mobs, they can check out who is better. In tournament, duel or other like capture the flag. There is no fear of loosing items or anything else (except of bets or tournament entry fee). What is most important - there is totaly no need to take a part in such thing if you dont want to.

And about the topic - chaos and order. Imo it would be too uncontrolled. They could attack themselfs where they want.

Well those are my 2 cents.