Gargoyle Tools Overview

A Black Death
Elder Scribe

Gargoyle Tools Overview

Post by A Black Death »

Garg Knife - RAndom ele/leather when cut corpse, unfair can go mine a spot and know what your going to get or chop a tree (should consetrate on actually fixing things than nerfing them :( )
Garg Axe = Carpenters need wood too not just fletchers why not make some 5050 chance of runic carp tools like pickaxe can get tinker or smith hammer
A Black Death, fav songs by candle box rain and he calls home
if ya ever need help and your not a tool just pm me ill see what i can do for ya
14+years UO vet , reached vet status on ex in 3 months so got a q ill try to answer it too
Violette
Novice Scribe

Re: Gargoyle Tools Overview

Post by Violette »

This is more or less a cliffnotes version of the crafter conversation, I agree wholeheartedly, and the knives are SOOO hard to get its a waste to use them almost, its really not fair to tailors, who actually make the bulk of the armor for newbfishs on the server
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

I agree with Black Death. I've never even seen a runic saw, and I've chopped my share of wood with a gargs axe.(and died my share as well).

And the gargs knife is hard to get, and seems to have a low chance of actually getting you a kit. Probably it's the same chance, but lets face it: it's MUCH harder to get your hands in an adequate corpse to use it, than in an adequate platinun spot. heck, the spots are even mapped in numerous runebooks throughout several rune libraries. But the corpses (I only use in Ancient Wyrms) are way harder to get a hold of.
+Neptune
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by +Neptune »

Runic Saws come from carpentry BODS, I can tell you that much.. as for the rest.. not sure
+Neptune
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

I can get 25 plat kits (tinker and smith) faster than i can get 1 etheral kit (5 uses each). The problem is not killing stuff for me, it just seems that the eles dont want to spawn off them.
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

The knives are annoying but I don't mind *that* much. It just means I almost never craft leather, which doesn't hurt me, it just hurts potential other players I could make stuff for.

You can probably get close to 50 plat tinker/smiths in the time it takes to get 1 5 use ethereal, and I'm trying to keep from exaggerating.

Having a chance at carpentry tools would be nice though.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Leather armor is medable. Ethereal runic gives (well, could start the random number generator discussion here, but let's suppose:) best results.

So, leather armor crafted with ethy kit should be pretty much a luxury.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
A Black Death
Elder Scribe

Post by A Black Death »

Another Good fix simply passed off as a garbage idea and moved to discarded nice to see how things work around here , next time ill post something that can be nerfed and see if that gets discarded too
if ya ever need help and your not a tool just pm me ill see what i can do for ya
14+years UO vet , reached vet status on ex in 3 months so got a q ill try to answer it too
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Black death, would you care to compile a list of all monsters on the shard, and define which elemental each of those spawns? Oh and please, keep the list balanced. It all needs to be in an ArrayList.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
A Black Death
Elder Scribe

Post by A Black Death »

i can if you would like but right now leather eles can come from a rat or a deamon or anywhere in between, the difference is , gargoyle pickaxe upGrade ore mined in 1 spot by 1 So if you mine a spot that only gives iron, you get a elemental of the next grade, Leather on the other hand gargoyle tool drops a completly random leather from a mob that always drops 1 type of leather with a regular knife, so in theory a mob THAT always drops frost leather should always drop etheral with a garg knife wich i can only think of one, maby should add a few =D
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

They are all random chance, the chances are just horrible.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Hmm i just thought of a nice thing... based on the tokens it gives, it could give a better chance at higher ones. Well, to the todo list it goes.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
A Black Death
Elder Scribe

Post by A Black Death »

would be nice for a 30-50%chance at a runic saw instead of fletcher kit on wood eles too
A Black Death
Elder Scribe

Post by A Black Death »

+Colibri wrote:Hmm i just thought of a nice thing... based on the tokens it gives, it could give a better chance at higher ones. Well, to the todo list it goes.

this would be a great way to balance out what kinda leather your going to get if you where to for instance every 20 tokesn is the next grade leather, IE theres 11 types of leather 0-20 tokens = spined when using garg 21-40=horned to get etheral would be a kill that gave 190+tokens on the kill this would require something pretty strong like a balron or aw , Just a suggestion here, none of this would affect the chance of actually getting a elemental just the Type that you would get if you got one,
as before the same thing is gotten every time when mining or chopping a tree, i know its difficult to put things into play and forgive me for my constant stream of ideas but im really trying to help not be a thorn in your backside thanks for your considerations