Bio Leash or pet speed increase deed

Chroma
Grandmaster Scribe

Bio Leash or pet speed increase deed

Post by Chroma »

A leash for Bio pets to shrink them. It would be spendy though. Maybe like 100k tokens or 300k gold for a 100 use leash?

It would be nice also if we maybe had a deed to increase the speed that pets follow you? It would be spendy (ex. 50ed), but it would be nice to have it because Nobles follow you Very very fast and mules and bio's dont. I hate having to wait for them.

Just a idea.
â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘Excelsior Community Helperâ–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘
PM me in game or via MSN for Excelsior NON-GM support
Aniar
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Bio Leash or pet speed increase deed

Post by Aniar »

Aye I think that would be a great addition! Very useful...
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Actually, well although shrinking biopets is possible in a way (certain problems with it since the shrink system isnt made for them), this will not be put in the game, since biopets are very powerful and at least one drawback should be that they can't be carried around. They're pretty much like tanks - very strong and hard to beat, but also hard to move around.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Chroma
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Chroma »

Ok well the leash is out of the question then What about the pet follow speed deed. I mean i would like my Bio/Mules to follow me just as fast as a noble. cause they are SLOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘Excelsior Community Helperâ–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘
PM me in game or via MSN for Excelsior NON-GM support
Anon Emous
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Anon Emous »

I feel that if not a bio pet leash then some way to store you bio pets for long periods of time. I go away on business every year for 4 months and stabling a pet that long is certain to have its draw backs (gold, not there when you get back, etc) and 7 mill gold is alot of gold to risk on something that might be ok. If not a leash then I would ask for an alternative to that for long term bio storage.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Actually, when the trainer tells you he will sell it off in a month, that part doesn't actually work. I've had some pets in my stable since 2006, they're still there :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

Chroma wrote:Ok well the leash is out of the question then What about the pet follow speed deed. I mean i would like my Bio/Mules to follow me just as fast as a noble. cause they are SLOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
The reason they are not any faster is because the movement speed and attack speed are linked together. If he increases their movement speed they would attack much faster
Anon Emous
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Anon Emous »

Adrias wrote:
Chroma wrote:Ok well the leash is out of the question then What about the pet follow speed deed. I mean i would like my Bio/Mules to follow me just as fast as a noble. cause they are SLOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
The reason they are not any faster is because the movement speed and attack speed are linked together. If he increases their movement speed they would attack much faster
I still think purchasing a deed from the ed or token stone to increase follow speed would be a good idea even if it increases attack speed thats why you buy the deed. :)
mojo519
Master Scribe

Post by mojo519 »

Anon Emous wrote:
Adrias wrote:
I still think purchasing a deed from the ed or token stone to increase follow speed would be a good idea even if it increases attack speed thats why you buy the deed. :)
Although it would be very interesting to see, a 3k HP, double armored pet with the attack speed of a noble would be absolutely OP, even in a shard where OP is commonplace.

The fact of the matter is that bio pets are designed to be tanks, pure and simple. They do not have much power offensively (slightly better than a maxed mule) and they are not meant to. They are designed to be massive damage soaks, which they do quite well. If you want massive offense, you take 5 imps; if you want defense, you take a bio or 2.
aka Primal Scream
Anon Emous
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Anon Emous »

Im more talking about like imp pets. Mules and imp are so slow it really is unnessesary.
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

Anon Emous wrote:Im more talking about like imp pets. Mules and imp are so slow it really is unnessesary.
even worse since imps are already too insanely strong.

also > * Board index ‹ Shard Building ‹ Development ‹ Feature Requests ‹ Discarded
Anon Emous
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Anon Emous »

I wouldnt call 200 hp insanely strong. They do hit hard but it is countered by there low amount of hp. The idea isnt that complex we are talking about following speed. I mean come on. I can lose my imp squirrels walking. Thats lame. Truth is truth if someone is willing to pay for a simple feature such as squirrels might as well do it.
Atropa
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Atropa »

I own two bios and think really increasing them in any way would make them more over powered than they already are, if they are well equiped you can really up thier damage so you end up with a pet that can dish it as well as take it and they are amazing tanks.
My Imp pets and I have 6 sure they move kind of slow much like my mules but given how fast they take things down I don't see their slow moment as an issue since I can just as easy leash them and move quickly. Leashes are cheap and easy to get so problem there is kind of fixed, nobles move fast and they have even maxed much lower hitpoints than say an ointed imp or a maxed mule or bio so your kind of penalized for that fast pet which is fine by me.

Imps can be ointed up to have insane hit points as well as all other stats which in the end arguably makes them stronger than any other pet out there so any bumping them up in any way would spell even more disaster for pet breeders IMO. What we need is more love given to the lesser used pets , not making the ones already to powerful even more so.
Not to mention that unlike other pets if they die the owner takes no loss for their death its a simple rez and send it right back in to fight.

I love my nobles, my bio's, imps and mules and i use a differant type of pet depending on what I'm doing so it really is not troublesome to deal with slow moving pet.