Skinning Knives

Lateralus
Master Scribe

Skinning Knives

Post by Lateralus »

Skinning knives don't work the way they should (or at least mine didn't). When you cut a leather bearing corpse with one, when it's equipped, it's supposed to automatically gather the hides, cut them, and place them in your backpack for you (provided you're not going to go overweight).
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Re: Skinning Knives

Post by BlaZe »

I don't ever remember them auto-cutting/looting for you, could be a custom script you got used to on another shard. There are EasyUO scripts that can do this for you, or you could make a Razor macro to do it.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

It's not a custom script, and it's not EasyUO. It's something straight from the pay shard.
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

I played for a while on OSI. What you are talking about is correct, but with a butcher cleaver or something close to that. It's a craftable for wich you need the recepie. Haven't played OSI in two years though, so it is possible that now skinning knifes do the same.
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

It's not with a butcher's knife, or cleaver (as that wouldn't make so much sense). It's only with a skinning knife that it works, when it's equipped, and you're using it. And you don't need a recipe to craft it, it's just any old skinning knife. I was kind of disappointed because I found a spell channeling skinning knife, and it didn't work.
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

http://www.uoguide.com/Butcher%27s_War_Cleaver

Makes sens? Nothing like trying to help someone, using 7 years of experience on OSI, and being told you don't make much sens.
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

Forgot about the war cleaver, sorry. The exception.

And I still stand by it not making much sense.
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

That post reminded me that i had the butcher's war cleaver recepie and the ingredients to make one. Well the problem is still there, it doesn't work as intended (leather stays on corps, and you still need to use scisors to cut them). I think it is all related to the fact that most of the Mondain Legacy specifics don't work. For an exaple, this weapon (butcher's war cleaver) has a special move called "bladeweave", it doesn't work. Short magical bows have lightning arrow and an other special, doesn't work. I haven't tried the elven long bow, but I would doubt that serpant arrow works.

UOEX is still the most fantastic place to play UO though, imo :P
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Free shards aren't exact copies of OSI. RunUO is close, but they only tried to make it similar not an exact copy, plus RunUO 1.0 is a number of years old.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, as harabakc said, we don't have all the detailed features of OSI. This is basically a feature request, but as this takes time to code and isn't a big drawback, with the loads of work on my hands i'm afraid i'll discard it.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

:(
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

On the bright side, I'm working on an auto-skinner script for EasyUO as we speak. :P
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR