A Saving Box?

Chroma
Grandmaster Scribe

A Saving Box?

Post by Chroma »

On my old shard that i was a owner of me and my buddy Drakios got tired of people saying what the hell? When the world was saving cause they thought there was a massive lag. So to resolve this.

When the world saved there was a box that popped up. Just a little one in the middle of the screen that said. The World is Saving..... This may take a moment.
Please remember to Vote for blah blah blah. And you could click the link to vote.

Maybe this would help people vote and stop people from complaining about saves :)
â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘Excelsior Community Helperâ–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘
PM me in game or via MSN for Excelsior NON-GM support
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Re: A Saving Box?

Post by Sorgon »

I liek the idea. I really dont think the saves are that bad. Better then hours of scheduled downtime which I hate :wink:
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

we tried the popup gump but it resulted in 5% being disconnected everytime we saved.

I hope you can see the message:
1. The world will save in 10 seconds
2. world is saving, please wait

(I will make it so that the towncrier announcements get broadcast before the save, so you have something to read while waiting :p)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

lol colibri... ya especially when doin a champ an the tokens are flying on your screen, an all the sudden theres a pause, an you have no idea whats goin on, so you wait... wait... wait... an its like "Save complete, 15.2 seconds" something like that.... hahaha and pretty much its like "whew, thought that was a lag" ... but i dont mind telling ppl it was just a world save, better then a %5 disconnect...
____________________________________________________________________________________

1987-2009 R.I.P David, my dear sweet Brother (in-law)
For those who knew him don't need an explanation. For those who didn't, an explination would be impossible
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yea the thing is, when the world saves, everything gets paused. Including sending any packets that havent already gone though. So it's common to see that "world is saving..." after the actual save.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Chroma
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Chroma »

Oh ok. Well i thought it was a good idea :)

Anyway the town crier messages before the save would be nice because i HATE when it pops up and im like "OMG I CANT SEE!!!" Same with that IP message it stays up for like 2minutes. And the Insure items one. eek.
â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘Excelsior Community Helperâ–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘
PM me in game or via MSN for Excelsior NON-GM support