tours

powersurge
Expert Scribe

tours

Post by powersurge »

*idk if this goes here-if it goes in general u can delete or move it*
With tours, i feel that as long as you still have the "young" title you should still be able to thank a person for a tour because i feel that the 3 hours old or w/e it is is too young, i found a guy that was about a week old and he had no idea what to do because he never got a tour and then after the time, its only a burden to give a person a tour i no ive given at least 3 tours to people with no reawrd in the end because even tho they were "young" they still were too "old" to thank me for it-it seems unfair to me and no, none of them have thanked a person for a tour yet- so can something be done about this?
~Undead Surge
Drako
Journeyman Scribe

Re: tours

Post by Drako »

by asking this you kinda defeat the purpose of tours to begin with. They arn't here to give you rewards they are there to help new players and that should be reward enough. Besides most new players can use the website and wiki for help also and thats free and they don't have to thank anyone :P
+Osiris
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Osiris »

As Drako said powersurge, touring is an award in itself for helping a new player find there feet. We staffers try our hardest to catch each and every new player that comes here ourselfs so they are greeted the best way possible.

As a player you have the same warning as a staffer on an arrival off a new player.

Sometimes staff are too late in the touring to be given a touring ticket, like yourself, The player logs on, staff comes, they get there bag but then they have to log off, then the next time there on they are too old to give a thank you ticket, once they are toured... We do it to give the new players a hand when there taking there first steps.

It's not always about giving a player a few tips then grabbing the reward, because helping players is the reward in itself.

+Osiris
+Osiris : Game Master :
Keep up to date on shard rules. Click HERE
Drako
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Drako »

Those new players will some day save your life or help you take down some big bosses :P
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yes, touring by itself is a reward because that makes more new players stay... more players means more people to go hunting with, more people to trade with...(well, more people to steal your spawns too :p)... but since those tours can become boring after you done them about 20-50 times, there's that extra ED reward for you.

The system is built primarily to prevent cheating... for example, people giving [tourthankyou to eachother in a guild... if my math is right, if 6 people decide to do that, that's (6-1)*6 = 30 tour tickets. A guild with 10 people that's 9*10 tickets. Also the reward is based both from the grade that the newbie gives the tourer, and the amount of time that newbie spent playing in a week before you turn in that ticket (that's the sole purpose of why you have to wait one week).

It might not be perfect, but even tho it seems very simple, it's quite a complex system... and will stay as it is.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)