(RESOLVED) more gold sinks

Faust
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faust »

Personly what i found gives too much gold are full champs (MoA, Baracoon) they are 1-2 hours to do for one player and gives you about 100k... In my opinion 30k-35k should be enough reward with scrolls. To spend gold I really like idea of deco items to house, like display case, fountains, piano and few others. Also I saw an yard wand by which you could create nice garden near your house, but was expensive. Buying skillcap I think it is no good idea, it may bring some players but may make some leave.... Buying personal spawner is good too, but not dragon, I mean sheep, dogs, cats or other nice animals near your house :P Another idea to spend gold can be competition, for expample pvp tournament in which each player pay 5k to enter and winner takes 80% of gold, 20% goes to gm who hold it.. or contest to catch the biggest fish in one hour on same rules, or dog fights.. Another idea is make special house with special hues, and every use of this special hue tub will cost 10k... but by this way you will be able to colour your metal stuff on green or blue what I think looks nice :)
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

Faust wrote:Personly what i found gives too much gold are full champs (MoA, Baracoon) they are 1-2 hours to do for one player and gives you about 100k... In my opinion 30k-35k should be enough reward with scrolls.
Problem with that is, from the discussions I have had here and there with Staff is that Champs are intended to be a group effort... 2 or 3 people splitting 35k is worthless... I personally did a champ the other day with 1 other person and we split 75k... and it took us almost 45 min to do it (not including travel time, which for me is A LONG TIME as slow as my connection makes me)... was not worth our time, we could have gotten more tokens and gold killing other stuff... I am about to the point that I will just sit back, kill other stuff and buy scrolls from people... I believe that in the long haul I will be better off (gold/tokens) letting others spend that time in the champs and myself going after more interesting targets.. AGAIN, just my 2 cents worth
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

well those are some numerous and good goldsink ideas... i think we'll have to start thinking of new gold fountains if we continue to do this lol.

A staff member will have to go thru all of these ideas everybody posted and vote on them (staff will decide, i wouldnt open 10 polls, except for any big changes).

As for the champs, i like to make your life miserable (j/k) but 35k might be too little anyways, altho that you can solo them.
We have already nerfed champs on the gold issue - MOA drops 85-90 instead of 140, all others drop around 150 instead of some 270-350k.
Lets see how this new setting handles over time. I think it wont need more changing.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Zax
Apprentice Scribe

Are we talking about taking away skill points????

Post by Zax »

Did I understand it correctly?? Anyone over 2k in skill points will be set back to 2k??? Please tell me that I am misunderstanding this... Don't mess with established players. I am sorry that it is a big deal for me to gain skill but please don't take it away. I am currently at 2900 and still trying to gain skills to become a player that can make any set of keys. I still have not gm'ed bowfletching, archery, resisting spells, vet, blacksmith, armslore, too many to list and many more are not 120!!! How will this stop someone from being bored??? If they pvm continously they will get the gold to buy the scrolls and then what; they will be sent back to 2k skill points??? I only know one player that has enough skill on one character to make any set of craftable items... this player has a continous connection that has trained night and day to get it. I can promise you that player has over 2900 in skill points to have a better chance of making items. If I have misunderstood this, then I apoligize... but if I am correct... please don't mess with my skill caps. :?
Shaft
Master Scribe

Post by Shaft »

Zax has a good point there. Maybe the purchasable skillcap isnt the best idea. Those players that have real lives (for some reason, hrrm, UO is better) and cannot play all the time, would be severely handicapped here.
Administrator

Post by Morpheus »

No, skill cap doesnt take your skill points away, it just sets a cap, so you cant go over it. So existing players will have to pay a lot of gold to gain more skill points. For example:

Player has 3000 skill points now and unlimited skill cap. But suddenly skill cap is at 2000. So if a player wishes to gain more skill points, he has to buy a +1100 worth skill cap scrolls so he can gain another 100 points. If he doesn't buy +cap scrolls he can't gain more skill points. Player's skill points are not changed in any way with setting 2000 cap.

Otherwise thats a great idea.

Champs are balanced now, but i would only put more gold on Lord Oaks, coz thats the thoughest champ and takes like 10 players to make. ( like 400k ).
Damn it feels good to be a pirate. Yaaarrrr!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

we would limit just the skillcap - not taking away your skills, you just wouldnt be able to gain if you dont buy it up... Well we would make a nice package for existing players, or we can start gradually, for a few months prices on those scrolls would be very cheap (10k per 100skill)... and in a while they would start getting more expensive.

About the champs, yep thats a good thing that they drop diffirent amounts of gold... coon drops 140k, niera could around 200, rikktor 300, semidar 400, oaks 500k - they are about that hard. I'll edit that.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

yeah, i do not see anyone soloing Lord OAks any time soon
Zax
Apprentice Scribe

Short and sweet....

Post by Zax »

Before we look at skill caps for gold sinks.... Make a shard vendor at the vendor mall with Staff made weapons. 500k each!!! This would give players a chance to get some uber weapons that won't come from anywhere else. In real life everyone wants a mercedes but not everyone can afford it.
Have PVP tournament prize like uber hats with a special message such as "Toughest Player on Excelsior" or "Champion of Excelsior";or even give them a title of Knight. A 10k to 50k entrance fee with lesser prizes also. A tournament that gives gold as a reward is not a gold sink for the winner. :idea: :D
Morpheus
Administrator

Post by Morpheus »

Levelable item deeds will be soon available: That deed makes your weapon levelable, so it gains xp, everytime you kill something with it. With xp you get points which you can use to enhance your weapon ( sc, fc, lrc ... )

About the pvp. I just finished paintball script but it needs some testing. So that will be available soon.