APPROVED: Corpse stone fix

Dark Tyranny
Journeyman Scribe

APPROVED: Corpse stone fix

Post by Dark Tyranny »

The first thing is the Corpse stone in Britain I would like to see it bring to you your full body instead of your last body in case of dying multiple times in a few seconds. I also think it would be great to put a corpse stone in Fel Brit as well. Fel is hard enough without being able to get back to some where to get your body.

The second thing I would like to see is Spellcrafting. I loved spellcrafting on other shards and it brings a unique flavor to any shard and give players another thing to do and have fun with.
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Re: Just a few suggestions for the shard

Post by Pip »

personally... i understand your frustration with the "last corpse only" thing but that has been the way it has awlways been and don't really see it changing unless there was a second one that cost ALOT more gold (possible gold sink)

but I do personally agree there should be some corpse/res stones in fel... another reason i don't go there takes too long to get anywhere without being able to tp/gate into and when your dead you don't even have that option to get out.... maybe if no corpse/res stones maybe some more 1 way gates back to brit?

just my 2 cents worth
Learn somthing new every day.....
Die and forget it all.....

Main Character Sacagawea (yes it's female and yes I am actually a Dude!)
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Just a few suggestions for the shard

Post by +Colibri »

Next time please submit each suggestion separately... we can't track multiple ideas in one thread.

The corpse stone idea, i will do it yea. It will cost 20k from then on, but it will return only corpses that aren't near the stone and that have more than 0 items in it. Meaning that even if you have to use it several times, you will get your corpse back 100% if it hasnt yet decayed.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Re: APPROVED: Corpse stone fix

Post by Pip »

you mean it will cost 20k to get any corpse back? even if you only have 1 corpse? or will there be a separate button for last corpse or all corpses?

Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

Hmmm, not sure if I agree with this approval, hah. For a few reasons:

1. I think people should learn how to tactically deal with a death situation, aka, not just haphazardly running back to get their body, knowing full well their time will run out from invincibility, OR they don't learn stealth, OR don't go to a corpse stone immediately (if their body is in a pile of tons of mob bodies, and they don't use Ctrl + Shift).

2. There is something about not being able to "buy" your way out of certain things. There needs to be a maintained balance of actions being a risk. It is risky to hunt (in Fel) sometimes, so, one either is very cautious and comes prepared, OR they don't go alone, OR they scope out the healers nearby before starting an attack. I just don't like the idea of buying your way out of things, especially something like this which only takes a little bit of thought and planning to get your body back. (There is even the Stuck option under Help for goodness sakes! lol).

3. Money is too easy to get. If anything it should cost 5ED to get a body back (IF this change is made). I mean, getting it back from an old save by GM is like, I think 100ED and 50ED per item. (you can check player services, but I think that's right)

4. There are some novelties to the game that would be nice to see remain in original form. Even though I love upgrades, some thing are just not meant to be upgraded, lol.

So, I guess I am protesting this change idea (lol). :woot:

<3 Llexa
"We push and we push away,
For fear of facing our mistakes.
So we call it judgment,
And watch our friends, our world, ourselves... go comatose, inside."
Dark Tyranny
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dark Tyranny »

Llexa not everyone has druid books and everything under the sun at their disposal like you do. Most players are quite new and try Fel to see whats there. They are unaware what to expect and get into trouble. Also not everyone has played for years and has the skill that you have again most are relatively new to this, so they don't have all the controls and skills down pat. They don't know all the little tricks and everything.
It is frustrating for new players when they pay 5K gold to get their corpse back only to get an empty corpse and pay 5K for nothing. Yuo have to look at things in a new player and inexperienced player perspective and not as a veteran players that knows all the ins and out, all the tricks and everything to do in every situation.
Lastly, when using the help function in Fel it takes you to Fel Brit not Trammel Brit and thus you have to travel from whereever in Fel Brit it puts you all the way to the moongate to get back to Trammel. This excursion through Fel Brit itself can be quite hard sometimes if you don't know the paths to take to avoid all the undead creatures.
This is why I brought up the idea of the new corpse stone and having a corpse stone in Fel Brit.
LordGaav
Adept Scribe

Post by LordGaav »

Dark Tyranny wrote:Llexa not everyone has druid books and everything under the sun at their disposal like you do. Most players are quite new and try Fel to see whats there. They are unaware what to expect and get into trouble. Also not everyone has played for years and has the skill that you have again most are relatively new to this, so they don't have all the controls and skills down pat. They don't know all the little tricks and everything.
It is frustrating for new players when they pay 5K gold to get their corpse back only to get an empty corpse and pay 5K for nothing. Yuo have to look at things in a new player and inexperienced player perspective and not as a veteran players that knows all the ins and out, all the tricks and everything to do in every situation.
Lastly, when using the help function in Fel it takes you to Fel Brit not Trammel Brit and thus you have to travel from whereever in Fel Brit it puts you all the way to the moongate to get back to Trammel. This excursion through Fel Brit itself can be quite hard sometimes if you don't know the paths to take to avoid all the undead creatures.
This is why I brought up the idea of the new corpse stone and having a corpse stone in Fel Brit.
Quoted for truth
Ramious
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Ramious »

So ill take it most of you have never played UO the Real game. no pet,corpse stones or pet summoning stones nothing. most of you wouldn't last on Osi UO. Dark if you have a big guild and i see your colors a lot maybe you should take some of them with you.
And having a druid book doesn't mean anything. like Llexa said be prepared and USE tactics know what your getting into before you attack something. as for young players its like being in a real dark alley and you don't know if there's anything in there how would you go in it? run full charge and hope you live. i think Fel should have even less healers then there is Fel has always been hard core that's why trammel was made. as they called it on osi Care bear land so. so i 2nd Llexa. :nod:
“What will you do without freedom? Fight and you may die; run, and you’ll live, at least a while. What would you give for one chance, just one chance, to tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they’ll never take our freedom?
Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

Bravo! But I have to say:

It has absolutely 0 to do with being a Veteran. New players can work Hiding to 100, Stealth to 100. They can get all basic fight skills to 100. It has nothing to do with druid books, or any of that cop-outness. Equal opportunity. I have seen players that don't even want any bonus stuff, b/c they are good with tactics, and want to leave it at that. So, hate to say it but, copouts are poop.

I can run around in Fel, with poop armor on, 100 on all skills, and survive. It is all about being prepared and thinking ahead, not just being all "i'm going to Fel with no skills and i better be entitled to getting my body back when i die 10 times!"

I don't think you should be able to "buy" your way out of everything, or have things made "easier" just b/c you don't want to have to think about things ahead of time or plan. That's just utter poop. And I use that word with a fist (lol).

P.S. and if you are boiling it down to "only veterans can" then you are basically cutting yourselves down; saying that you are tactless and reckless.

So don't be so self deprecating.

P.S.S. Oh and about Veterans: I am sure I speak for all vet players when I say that, we work for our status. We spend month(s)/year(s) getting to where we are with our status. If those who are always pulling the "veteran card" would simply focus and save their gold and work, and stop whining about Veterans, you could be just as well off, financially and as far as armor and things. Again, tactics people! I know I am sick to death of hearing slander against vet players. So if you don't like what we got, and that we have a lot of it, then get off your bum and go get the goods that are just as available to you.

Oh and this is obviously not everyone, lol, I know plenty of great newer players, so don't take this as aimed at EVERY new(er)player, lol.
"We push and we push away,
For fear of facing our mistakes.
So we call it judgment,
And watch our friends, our world, ourselves... go comatose, inside."
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

Pip wrote:you mean it will cost 20k to get any corpse back? even if you only have 1 corpse? or will there be a separate button for last corpse or all corpses?
and back to my actual question.....

Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

I don't have a problem with corpse stones staying as is, I would like to see ankhs in more places in Felucca. They're fine everywhere else that I can think of, but putting one outside of the dungeons isn't unreasonable. I know Wrong doesn't have one outside, Shame doesn't. Heck, I wouldn't even mind seeing one half way down in Shame, because that's a stupid long walk out.
Lyandrin
Elder Scribe

Post by Lyandrin »

Llexa wrote:Bravo! But I have to say:

It has absolutely 0 to do with being a Veteran. New players can work Hiding to 100, Stealth to 100. They can get all basic fight skills to 100. It has nothing to do with druid books, or any of that cop-outness. Equal opportunity. I have seen players that don't even want any bonus stuff, b/c they are good with tactics, and want to leave it at that. So, hate to say it but, copouts are poop.

I can run around in Fel, with poop armor on, 100 on all skills, and survive. It is all about being prepared and thinking ahead, not just being all "i'm going to Fel with no skills and i better be entitled to getting my body back when i die 10 times!"

I don't think you should be able to "buy" your way out of everything, or have things made "easier" just b/c you don't want to have to think about things ahead of time or plan. That's just utter poop. And I use that word with a fist (lol).

P.S. and if you are boiling it down to "only veterans can" then you are basically cutting yourselves down; saying that you are tactless and reckless.

So don't be so self deprecating.

P.S.S. Oh and about Veterans: I am sure I speak for all vet players when I say that, we work for our status. We spend month(s)/year(s) getting to where we are with our status. If those who are always pulling the "veteran card" would simply focus and save their gold and work, and stop whining about Veterans, you could be just as well off, financially and as far as armor and things. Again, tactics people! I know I am sick to death of hearing slander against vet players. So if you don't like what we got, and that we have a lot of it, then get off your bum and go get the goods that are just as available to you.

Oh and this is obviously not everyone, lol, I know plenty of great newer players, so don't take this as aimed at EVERY new(er)player, lol.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Official message:

The corpse stone will stay the same. It will however cost more (see the excelsior daily for the explanation on that... the prices were configured wrong, someone must have tampered with them over the last 2 years since I've set them up).

There might be, in the future, a separate corpse stone (or just an extra button on this one) that would basically not bring your corpse back, but would return all lost items from all of your corpses. I could even make it that it would return things from corpses that have already decayed in the last 1 hour. Such a thing would however cost a whole lot more, probably 50k tokens.

We believe that ED would be discriminatory. So there's no chance that the corpse or pet stone would charge ED. Tokens are most suitable for this.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

Gold for the stone to retrieve the current corpse and tokens for the stone to get the corpse OTHER than the last one? Is that correct?

Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Correct. As it works now it's gold for it to summon the last corpse you dropped.

They're talking about in the future a maybe, for tokens, bring back all your stuff button.