APPROVED: Washable bandages

illogic
Novice Scribe

APPROVED: Washable bandages

Post by illogic »

Hi there, don't know if this has been mentioned before ... just wanted to ask what you think about washable bandages.
You applay a bandage and it remains in your backpack as a "bloody bandage",
as soon as you wash it out (on a river, a fountain etc.) it may be used again as a normal bandage.
-causa praecedit effectum-
Cree A'dor
Journeyman Scribe

Re: APPROVED: Washable bandages

Post by Cree A'dor »

+Colibri, just for you. :D

LINK: Bloody Bandages
Controlled Chaos
Expert Scribe

Post by Controlled Chaos »

This was a feature from my first server, a Sphere 48i engine, that I simply loved. On said server, it was common practice to carry around a pitcher full of water, just for this purpose. The powers-that-be messed around with the code so you couldn't wash from pitchers any more, so we started carrying half a water trough. (lol)

Good times, and a really nice idea. I'd like to see this implimented in the near future.
Margret
Expert Scribe

Post by Margret »

Thing is the troughs are now a whole deed and cant carry them. Gonna have 2 weights now--1 for clean and 1 for dirty. Maybe some script makes a bowl of water :)
Controlled Chaos
Expert Scribe

Post by Controlled Chaos »

Yeah, when I was carrying half a water trough around, the server was running on Sphere48i, and a lot of things were... odd like that. The troughs were deeded items, but you could simply unlock half of it. The real fubar part was you could axe the part you left on the ground, get a deed from it, then lock down the other half and get a deed from that half, thus duping the water trough. Of course, I didn't exploit this bug any furthur than carrying the trough around, though it was an intresting qwirk.
Margret
Expert Scribe

Post by Margret »

Aye I'm from back where they were made half and half and no deco tool to turn them. Had to keep dropping til they turned then locked down and could still see it was 2 pieces.
Melwasul
Passer by

Post by Melwasul »

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-scri ... ystem.html
I think this might be what you were looking for.. Either way, it seems to be made for us. Only thing id add is a %chance that you could ruin the bandage when cleaning it.