88%
Nay
12%

Total votes: 17

OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

APPROVED: 'orders' in exEx in stead of 'offers'

Post by OldManAlewar »

would be nice, if and when you find the time, to have the ability to place order on exEx.

such would work as follows: you select a resource wich you would like to have more of, decide exactly how many you want, and a price you're willing to pay.

suffice it to say, the person to fill the order gets the money, the customer gets the goods.

basically it would pan out to be a player run resource bod system, but without the reward items :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Voted yes, because it's something i intend to do, but no ETA.

Anyway, the next things on my list for exex is:
- validate screen when submitting a new offer
- ability to put a request for a fixed price
- ability to put a request at an auction price, but instead of the prices going up, it goes down (you post tokens at 5gp, someone offers that they can sell you for 4.5, then another player offers 4.3, etc..)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Rote
Adept Scribe

Ideas for Exex

Post by Rote »

I like it... I love it... I want some more of it...

Anyway... I would suggest for the "Order" feature that it can be filled by many... until the request is filled.

I think it would be nice to be able to set prices in the three currencies, ie. gold, tokens, or ED.

Also, for the "Fixed" an option that allows for a partial portion to be purchased as well. So if you have let's say 1 million ED for sale, at 10 Gold, then I could opt to purchase only 1 at the 10 gold rate.

Also, might make sense for a "price break" option, too. Especially some of the more rare gems.

And a way to take "Fixed" offerings off of the offerings early...

Otherwise, it has been working great, aside from mistakes like missing a 0. :)

On your feature add, are you saying that you are going to add a "Price Per" entry, so that it prices the amount offered by the Price Per amount you want? (May alleviate the missing 0 errors for prices.)

Anyway, I know you are busy, and very happy that you take the time to put up things like this!

Edit: Orders instead of Offers... I would rather have Orders as well as Offers!
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Re: 'orders' in exEx in stead of 'offers'

Post by OldManAlewar »

BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE

(all your gold are belong to us )
Gavalin
Novice Scribe

Re: APPROVED: 'orders' in exEx in stead of 'offers'

Post by Gavalin »

I think it might keep things clear if you name it Marketplace (current fixed, like when you go to a vendor - marketplace), Auction (I want to sell an item), and Reverse Auction (I want to buy an item). The Default would say All Types. I would say you need to have the item in the auction box to be able to bid in the reverse auction.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: APPROVED: 'orders' in exEx in stead of 'offers'

Post by +Colibri »

Yes that's something i came across... right now you get to choose from what you got in stock... but in reverse, where would you pick from.

Anyway... i'll get around to that someday, schedule really packed lately. Or maybe i'll just go for the in-game auction system (xantos auction system) if that isnt buged too much.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)