NOT-A-BUG: Resisting Spells display

Reported issues that were either not bugs or cannot be fixed (but don't present a serious issue)
Galeric
Passer by

NOT-A-BUG: Resisting Spells display

Post by Galeric »

According to my skills gump, i have 0.0 in my resisting spells skill.

I have bought it up, and trained it for a few hours yesterday. I do know i have skill it, but today it is reading 0.0 and it will not go up.

I tried rebooting the client, refreshing the gumps, and even buying it up again, but the vendor told me i was higher then he could train. So i do know i have skill it, but its just not reading or updating at this time.

I am naked, i have no gear on that would effect the skill or resist other kinds of spells....

Suggestions?
Zodart
Master Scribe

Post by Zodart »

Rather than any armor you've got on, make sure you're not under the influence of any spells. I think protection is one that lowers magic resist skill, maybe a few others as well. Run through your spell book casting any spell you come across on yourself until something has an effect. Hopefully one of them will fix the problem. I really can't think of any weapon or armor property that has that effect, so magic should do it.

To be absolutely sure you've got the base skill as well, go ahead to your skill list and click "show real". Regardless of spells or other effects, that should give you the right number of how much you should have.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

yeah "protection" or "arch protection" will lower your resist by about 30 (less, if you have GM inscribe & magery) so watch out fot those, and recastr if necisary.

handy is to check razor, it will show base vs current.