NOT-A-BUG Discordance won't raise

Reported issues that were either not bugs or cannot be fixed (but don't present a serious issue)
hurst
Adept Scribe

NOT-A-BUG Discordance won't raise

Post by hurst »

After that last server crash it seems that the skill I was working on raising discordance, now that we are back on i lost half of what i had raised and the skill will not raise at all now. Can you take a peek at my character and see where the problem is?

Thanks much.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, altho there was just an about 10 minute revert, maybe you lost the skill because of that?

Are you training on monsters that are appropriate for your current skill level?
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
hurst
Adept Scribe

Post by hurst »

yep yep tried various kinds and the skill is stuck, change instruments ect ect
Zodart
Master Scribe

Post by Zodart »

Silly idea, you've probably already checked, but make sure the skill is set to raise. Head into your skill list (alt-K) and check directly if the arrow's up/down/locked. If that fails, go into your options and make sure that the skill is set to show gains for every .1 gained rather than ever 1.0 or something. Those two scenarios have thrown me when I try to work a skill sometimes and it doesn't seem to raise, even though I swear I never messed with those settings.

Otherwise, make sure that you really are using the right monsters to gain. You can go to Stratics to find an excellent barding difficulty calculator. Just plug in a few monsters and try find something that'll give you a 30% success rate. Them's good gains. :D

Hopefully one of those suggestions will help, or if not, I hope you figure it out soon. Good luck.
hurst
Adept Scribe

Post by hurst »

solution was found sorry for the fuss ;)
was at the point just before i move on to the next higher monster on stratics list. Problem was at 49.0 skill polar bears wouldn't work but i tried an ozzie yesterday that didn't work so i unshrunk a level 2 ozzie and skill is working fine now.