FIXED: A must-fix from TAG

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
Moogie
Elder Scribe

FIXED: A must-fix from TAG

Post by Moogie »

This is way to nuts to be right in any way. Why would we waist our time making bio pets when after they die they lose resists? For that fact all pets lose them when they die. I don't get it. I under stand the losing of skills they can rebuild but resists!!! they can not rebuild and its just stupidity when a perfectly good bio pet is waisted cuz his energy resist is below frellin 10% when it started at over 50!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

It takes way to much time and energy to make these stupid things. I really dont feel like doing it every month!!!!! Ecspecially when there are 8 of us now in our guild who use them or will be using them.

Back me up guys!!
Friends Have all things in common -Plato-

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. -Edgar Allen Poe-
Styles
Master Scribe

Post by Styles »

i have to agree , it takes forever to get the stuff to make one , and as soon as it's made i'll ahve to start on the next one . keep this up and we'll all be fighting over organics and pissing each other off. i'd rather not do that. so if u can't fix the losing the resist how about adding a deed that adds resist? sell it for gold or tokens.... ?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Ok, i'm on it. On my way to fix it, and i guess we'll be restarting the server sometime soon, hopefully this weekend.

I'm going to make them loose skills instead of stats/resists. When i get down to restarting, i'll also take a look at the old saves and restore your biopet's stats/resists.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Moogie
Elder Scribe

Post by Moogie »

VERY COOL! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My Poor chomper has been taking a beating doing all these champ spawns this month.

Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

?.?

Uh, what?

Wasn't the whole point not to let your pets die because there were serious consequences?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

well a breeding pet is good to have stat loss, so we keep on breeding. but a biopet is very hard to make, so i can understand the frustration. i think that a skill loss is still not fun, but something big enough that will keep everyone taking care of their bios not die.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Styles
Master Scribe

Post by Styles »

and no one "LETS" their pet die......
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

The risk of the pet having a chance to die is part of the risk of taking your pet with you. Having helped make more then a few biopets myself, I can honestly say I think I put more effort into breeding max stat hiryus and/or ostards then I did gathering stuff for a bio pet, the biopet stuff was mostly just easy farming until you got enough DNA vials and organics.
Cope
Elder Scribe

Post by Cope »

Hara, my main question is why do you care? I really don't intend this as an offense. I'm just curious because as far I've seen, you haven't been playing here in a long time. Again, I don't mean this as an offense, just wondering why it's an issue to you.
Moogie
Elder Scribe

Post by Moogie »

Well, I hope he can get to it soon, my bio sucks, hell my bred up critters are better now.

I am making anew one, hopefully this one wont have the same prob!!!
Let us know when this FIX is on and ready.

Good Question Cope.

+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

bumping the post, sorry it's taking so long.

as decided, the losses will stay in, but i will introduce "ointments" to raise the stats on pets. they will be expensive, i'm thinking 50k or maybe less, but they will be a rare loot on felucca monsters aswell.

(Old Colibrian proverb)