About quivers....

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

About quivers....

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

So, I wanted to ask a few questions about quivers and make a few suggestions to the staff.
First one I got ask is: is the elven quiver good for anything? It doesn't add up the promised 10% damage increae - at least, it doesn't show as it happens with Headband of Power. The same thing happens to the damage increase that the Ultimate Quiver was supposed to offer.
Second: is it really supposed to be impossible to insure the Ultimate Quiver? I know I can bless it now, but is it my only option to spend 1 mil doing so? Can't I just insure it as I do with much better stuff as Bat Wings, Ornament of the Magician and others? Heck, I can insurance even food!
3) As the ultimate quiver occupies the spot of a clothing piece (cape); shouldnt it be able to raise ur skill over the cap? 3 points over aint overpower, and would make a sensible diference in how useful it is (all things above considered, it aint that useful)
4) Occupying another spot other than the one the elven quiver, can both be used, and do the bonus acumulate? Can I go for 20% damage increase with my sash and cape spots?

I mean, it sure does sound like someone who just bought something and regreted it, but thats actually what it is, given the present situtation. If it adds damage, than great. If not, is a very expensive and non-insurable 5% DCI cape, that could (or maybe even should) get you up to 133,0 archery and give you 10 Damage Increase - but it doesn't.

Edit: talked To Colibri about it, and ended up offering myself to run some tests with the damage to try and find out whether the damage increase actually works. Gonna do it with both quivers..
About the insurance, it can't be done because it's, after all, a container, and therefore insuring it would insure all that it's inside. A way to change that would make it not a container, since I doubt anyone actually stores arrows on it (and yes, I will test it with arrows in it and outside it).
About the suggestion, he said he will drop by in this post later.
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: About quivers....

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

I conducted the tests using only a bow and the quiver (and unverwear), and here are the results - displayed as animal hit, and damage took by it:

Full Quiver (arrows on it):
Grizzly Bear: 43 40 43 42 42 39 43 43
Polar Bear: 46 43
Black Bear: 50 48 45 52
Cougar 46 48 49
Panther 52 46 51 45 45 50

Empty Quiver (no arrows on it):
Grizzly Bear: 48 48 43 43
Polar Bear: 44 42 40 44 46 48
Black Bear: 48 50
Panther 50 50 48 53 53 51
Cougar 50 47 50 50 52

Edit: Better tests could be done with a massive amount of the same creature, as in astaff member summoning them and someone shooting them.
No Quiver:
Panther 45 45 50 47 49 52
Cougar 49 50 49 49
Polar Bear: 45 45 43
Black Bear: 45 48 45 45 50 47 46 49
Grizzly Bear: 49 44 42 39 44 41 41
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

So, just reinforcing the request in an adequate topic.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Being fixed as we speak.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

Thx man!
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

I'm gonna take the opportunity that the shard is down, and that Coli will return from his vacation today, and point out that the quiver promised update (getting it to work and blessing them, even giving people who paid for the bless on their own quiver a refund) didn't come up on the last update - and only because I believe this was forgotten, and not intended.

I mean, Colibri did explained to us how it would change and all, so that's my impression from what he said. Thus the honest try to remind the staff. Thx y'all.