RESOLVED: few moments to use another skill...

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
Pip
Legendary Scribe

RESOLVED: few moments to use another skill...

Post by Pip »

I seem to be getting this alot.... trying to notice what is causeing it... but when i try to use a skill... i will get the message, i can wait 5 min and still get the message. actually have to log to get it to go back to normal... anyone else had this happen?

update... seems to happen right after i go into angelic form...., after i log.. and come back.. i will still be in that form.. but i can use skills again
Last edited by Pip on Wed May 03, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaft
Master Scribe

Post by Shaft »

not i, doesnt sound like much fun though
Administrator

Post by Morpheus »

yes that can happen if u have too many actions on queue, because of razor ussually.
Damn it feels good to be a pirate. Yaaarrrr!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well there's 2 diff types of messages:

- You must wait a few moments before using another skill
This is useful, prevents you from taming 10 things at a time or peacing the whole screen in a second.

- You must wait a few moments before performing another action
This is razor, or possibly the client itself. If everyone wanted to open all of their bags and move everything in them at the same second, the shard would probably lag. So every player has a certain amount of actions they can perform per second (this doesnt apply to GM-Admin hehe)
But sometimes razor just piles these actions up, and sometimes takes more than a minute to get them all done... that's for example if you have 50 bags in your backpack, and everytime you travel to another map, razor tries to auto-opens them all...

I used to solve this by just re-logging on.

--- UPDATE
angelic form you say? I think it's probably intentional, i remember when i used to go to angelic form and i couldnt cast any spells for like a minute. That might be intentional yep...
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
trikky
Elder Scribe

Post by trikky »

remember if you have scavenger on (through razor) that can screw things up even more.
I keep on having problem with drag/drop errors at the end of doing champs because my scavenger is going mental trying to pick stuff up and then i try to pick it up aswell thinking its missed it!

I have learn't only to put certain things on the list!
--
CaMg(CO3)2 - Its Dolomite baby.....Dolomite!