Pet breeding number changes?

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Pet breeding number changes?

Post by Highroller »

Have there been changes in how many breeds a pet gets? The last 10 or 12 pets I have bred, all the babies only got 1 breeding. With 1 exception, it was sterile altogether. Another animal breeder said the same thing had happened to them. If this was on purpose then animal breeding will die altogether. At least consider a deed like the gender change that adds 1 breeding time. Limit of 1 per pet. 5k tokens? I know thats not many tokens but much more and you will have to charge more pet pet because of the token cost.

I have observed this in breeding noble steeds and cu sidhes. Other breeder said they were only getting on breed pm the babies on all kind of pet types.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Pet breeding number changes?

Post by +Colibri »

About that, yes i was asked earlier today. I have not changed the breeding system in a long time now, so it must have just been lots of bad luck.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Shal
Expert Scribe

Post by Shal »

I'm getting the same thing on my mules
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Post by Sorgon »

Hmmm Ok could something else that went in that changed it? I have also had this problem. I have been doing nobles and colts. For about a week now I have noticed 2 things. Babies are all 1 breed or cant breed. and I fail about 2x as much. The fail rate may just be bad luck but i have not seen more then 1 breed for a while. I even tried it with CU's and Runes. Every deed i turned in all have 1 breed on it. 2 Nobles were no breeds. I spent 900k in breeding reduction tickets to test it and every ticket was teh same. yes that is just 12 babys from those and my regulars which was about 8 babies if my memory serves me right(dont count on it Im old with a bad memory).
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

Yeah this is beyond bad luck I am afraid. Thats several of us that are seeing same thing for same length of time.
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

And not only have all the the babies coming out been changed to 1 breed each, I just looked at my dozens of maxed breedable ostards and THEY ALL seem to have only 1 breeding left too. I KNOW some of them had 2 or 3 or even 4 breeds left when I put them in storage. Something has done some major changes here. Even changed the older ones in storage. A max of 1 breeding cross per pet is just not viable.
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

I am not putting ANY more pets on vendor. If this change stands, price of pets should go up by a factor of 10 at least. Considering I got to start pets at gen 1 and breed them all the way up to make them useful Considering it takes to gen 4 or 5 to max out a pet crossing with maxed pets each time, you will VERY quickly run out of maxed breedables to back breed with. Only 1 cross means you can't increase in numbers at ALL.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There was no change.

The only thing i can think of is that the display is messed up - meaning that it really has 2-3 breeds but displays "1" always.

So you say some of the ones you know had more than one breed, now have 1 breed?

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Post by Sorgon »

Ill test it tonight if breeds dont fail I know one of my nobles went from 4 to 1 breed and i havent used it yet. :nod:
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

O right i found the bug. It's just the display. Always shows 1 even if it's more times. You can note the "1 time" and "1 times" difference. So if it's "1 times" you can conclude it's 2 or more times that can breed. Already fixed, waiting for a restart.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

gives us a shard [time when you will restart :)
____________________________________________________________________________________

1987-2009 R.I.P David, my dear sweet Brother (in-law)
For those who knew him don't need an explanation. For those who didn't, an explination would be impossible