potential voting exploit

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Tobie
Passer by

potential voting exploit

Post by Tobie »

I wont outline the specifics in public (I can PM the details), but I found away to vote as many times as you want per day.
I only tested it twice as I don't want to get banned or anything (please take the two ED from my bank my char name is the same as here on the forums) So I'm not sure if you've already considered this, but I humbly suggest you consider limiting the number of times a character can receive ED from voting per day.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: potential voting exploit

Post by Gaara »

It should be limited to once per day already :scared:
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Tobie wrote:I wont outline the specifics in public (I can PM the details), but I found away to vote as many times as you want per day.
I only tested it twice as I don't want to get banned or anything (please take the two ED from my bank my char name is the same as here on the forums) So I'm not sure if you've already considered this, but I humbly suggest you consider limiting the number of times a character can receive ED from voting per day.

Best bet if you think you found a bug is to either send an email to ca@uoex.net or report it in game with exactily what the bug is and how to reproduce it. (I suggest the email because you are limited in-game to how much you can type for a help request).
Generally posting that you found a exploit on the forums gives others more of a incentive to try to figure out what you may have figured out. IMHO best not to make it public and to just report it.
I also know from prior posts that +Nyx has said she looks at her emails on a regular basis nyx@uoex.net is her email address .... If it is a reproducable exploit I am sure this is the fastest way to get it addressed.

Lestat A. Zero
Rocafort
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Rocafort »

Does exist a limitation? I cant see it in the codex or in the Voting system explanation.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

you can look at the Excelsior Daily section where +Coli posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 pm... He does not outline a limit but it is implied that they can impose limits @ any time. The key factor i think is making sure each vote is a real vote.

So to answer your question .. No at the moment there is no Limit. But one can be added should +Coli choose to do so.

An exploit in this would be voting only once and having the ability to claim multiple rewards for only cating 1 vote.

Lestat
Rocafort
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Rocafort »

lestatzero wrote:you can look at the Excelsior Daily section where +Coli posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 pm... He does not outline a limit but it is implied that they can impose limits @ any time. The key factor i think is making sure each vote is a real vote.

So to answer your question .. No at the moment there is no Limit. But one can be added should +Coli choose to do so.

An exploit in this would be voting only once and having the ability to claim multiple rewards for only cating 1 vote.

Lestat
I agree, that would be an exploit. But voting multiple times, which benefits Excelsior, is not a exploit as never has been explicitly forbidden. At least, until the say so :)
Tobie
Passer by

Post by Tobie »

the problem with that isnt that there are lots of votes which do indeed benefit the shard, but that it would devalue ED and make people less inclined to donate.