OFFICIAL DOWNTIME THREAD

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

One of the computers was infected with a spam-sending trojan, and the ISP's idea is well to just disable the connection. The technician was looking at it, didnt know what could be wrong, till he thougt if maybe it's a blocked connection.

The connection will return at 20:30 shard time, then they will see whether it's ok. If it's not, they will take it down for the night again.

Well, just messed up :evil:
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Rote
Adept Scribe

Post by Rote »

They don't know how to block the MAC address so that one computer isn't able to communicate? And let the other machines communicate?

If this was the solution for the major trunks, we would all be disconnected most of the time.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well there's 3 computers, all connected thru the server (the one that has UO on aswell). The server has very little software installed, only the required things, but if any of those computers gets infected, they see it as if it's coming from my IP (they dont know how many computers i have behind the server). I could have all of my neighbours on it, but then the problem is, as soon as one would get infected, everyone would get cut off.
So yea, ... not a very good solution (they could at least warn me first, so I would solve the problem without any downtime).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Server

Post by Highroller »

Is it just my connection or is the server down? I lost connection about 5pm eastern time yesterday and still cant connect. I was just unshrinking pets to try to rescue someone that had died at OP. Temple. Are my pets lost by now or is the server down and we might have a small revert? I have countless plants and beehives I need to treat daily. I am now at 24 hr period since they were treated. (sigh)
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Re: Server

Post by Highroller »

Oh and I can connect to other servers so its either the server or my connection to it ie maybe the bloody underwater cables again.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
Li-Jung
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Li-Jung »

i also cant seem to connect since yesterday im really worried is everyting ok :O ??
light up the darkness.
Li-Jung
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Li-Jung »

it seems its working now no ideia what was wrong
light up the darkness.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Re: Server

Post by OldManAlewar »

Highroller wrote:Oh and I can connect to other servers so its either the server or my connection to it ie maybe the bloody underwater cables again.
shouldnt be.

despite the fifth cable (out of 5) being damaged as well, there have been repairs to that weeks ago.

if you use uogateway/connectUO then yeah... maybe their servers are on whe whack.

that said: the servers ISP (we know its not your fault, coli) are being asses again, today.
Marianella
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Marianella »

That isp is real scam >,<, hope it come back soon i was having a lot of fun.

Up again in record time O=
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yes, at about 10:40 shard time it lost conection again, but i see it was about a 30 minute downtime so yes hehe record time.

Well, i requested they send a technician over, to either replace the modem or well whatever they do, just make it work like it used to :)

A good connection is the foundation of running such a server, that's why we even started... renting servers costs about 100$ a month which is something donations couldnt cover. Anyway, a tech guy will be coming tomorrow and hopefully this will be over soon.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Marianella
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Marianella »

Why does it go down when im trying to get back my pets and corpse T.T
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

let us hope and pray this is the tech replacing the modem.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

No tech yet, but still, it's now ONLINE.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well i finally found out that the big upgrade a few weeks ago is causing some problems, there's some unexpected signals that go back and forth, causing users to loose connection. They say it should be fixed by monday, but still, i intend to buy a router, which reconnects automatically after a disconnect.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Li-Jung
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Li-Jung »

is it up now? i cant seem to log in
light up the darkness.