OFFICIAL DOWNTIME THREAD

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Skynet
Passer by

Re: OFFICIAL DOWNTIME THREAD

Post by Skynet »

Cool with this you throw an if with a timer set to sk and replicate the 100x drop rate as like power hour or bonus drop rate weekend event :wink:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I like the idea, with the drop rate being just a percentage higher, maybe x2.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Good to see that this thread isn't getting much traffic these days. We just broke a record of 115 days server uptime: viewtopic.php?p=79957#p79957

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Looks like the server is down, along with the whole datacenter (or the whole provider, or that whole part of the internet, since uogateway.com is also unreachable for me). I'm monitoring when it'll come back online and thinking what else I might be able to do in the meanwhile.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Not exactly downtime, but there seems to be some unbearable lag. Yesterday's restart didn't help, and I don't think it's a network issue since that would probably have cleared in an hour or a few. I'll be able to focus on this issue when I come to the computer in 2-3 hours.
Attachments
2022-11-03 ping.png
2022-11-03 ping.png (35.74 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Lag issue fixed, someone had a very agressive/fast macro.
Get your free commemorative Lagsagna at the towncenter :) (for the next 24 hours)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We had website issues today for about 5 hours, overall not critical but a few of you have tried to vote and weren't able to get your reward, and might also be concerned about the Topsite voting achievement progression.
About the vote rewards - I can't do much about that right now without it taking a whole lot of time, so I hope you can go without the reward for one day.
As for the consecutive-days-achievement, we have an override/failsafe for such scenarios (voting not working, server revert..) and so as long as you do a vote session tomorrow, you will still progress the achievement.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

+Colibri wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:05 pm
As for the consecutive-days-achievement, we have an override/failsafe for such scenarios (voting not working, server revert..) and so as long as you do a vote session tomorrow, you will still progress the achievement.
That haven't worked for me... A couple of weeks ago, i wasn't able to vote because the web was down and i got a failed vote instead and my progress did reset to 0 when i had 115+ consecutive days :cry:

Edit: Apparently it was more than 2 week, my current progress is at 33 days and i haven't failed since then
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

It was probably a very brief issue with the website so I didn't set up this "achievement recovery mode". I guess if you're very far along your achievement progress already, and such a thing happens, you can send a ticket and I'll consider manually restoring your achievement progress.

Now that I'm thinking about it, next time I upgrade the voting system I'd make it so that such errors would be much less likely, or for auto-recovery to kick in automatically, or for the achievement not to reset if if finds an Unsuccessful Vote Session from the previous day (but keeping in mind for example only 2 such exceptions every 30 days). But it's basically working ok, would take quite a while to code, so it's not going to get an upgrade just for this purpose.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

+Colibri wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:30 pm
It was probably a very brief issue with the website so I didn't set up this "achievement recovery mode". I guess if you're very far along your achievement progress already, and such a thing happens, you can send a ticket and I'll consider manually restoring your achievement progress.

Now that I'm thinking about it, next time I upgrade the voting system I'd make it so that such errors would be much less likely, or for auto-recovery to kick in automatically, or for the achievement not to reset if if finds an Unsuccessful Vote Session from the previous day (but keeping in mind for example only 2 such exceptions every 30 days). But it's basically working ok, would take quite a while to code, so it's not going to get an upgrade just for this purpose.
I haven't send a ticket because it's not a big deal, just an achievement :D
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

can't log on?

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

not seeing anything about restart... am i the only one that is getting the error message "can't log on to origin"?

also getting error messages when trying to log on to forum.uoex.net...
but if y'all have read prior posts you know that if there is anything i can muck up technologically, you know that this may very well be a "me only" electro-magnetical anomaly
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Re: can't log on?

Post by Zalia »

Same for me.
Luna
Expert Scribe