Vet Reward Sphinx Mount

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Vet Reward Sphinx Mount

Post by apocalypse »

Just wanted to give players a heads up that the veteran reward Sphinx Mount is not functioning correctly, and to not spend vet reward points on it.
The graphic cannot be fixed, so don't buy it.
sphynx.png
sphynx.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
The one's purchased at auction seem to work fine.
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Vet Reward Sphinx Mount

Post by +Colibri »

apocalypse wrote:The one's purchased at auction seem to work fine.
That's good to know!

They're the same mount, same script, and probably also the same graphic that the client uses. If you come across one that isn't glitchy, i'd like to have a look, maybe the others can be fixed.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I've seen this problem with a lot of graphics on the shard where the graphic centered to the west is incorrectly "under" the graphic to the east.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Just disappointing I guess, I was looking forward to using the sphinx mount.
Jean Luc Picard in game
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I've been thinking about this. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that there's some sort of flag set wrong in the client graphics files. To fix it, you'd want to find some similarly-oversized mount (like the swamp dragon) which doesn't exhibit the problem and then compare the settings.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Loads of mounts do this, or similar things, I always have to orient myself in the correct way before undertaking some serious bank sitting.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

If you're interested in poking at it, the sphinx is in anim2.mul graphic H: 56 (0x38)

The only difference I could identify between that and, e.g. the horse (anim.mul graphic L: 200) is that the classic ridables seem to be "L" series animations while the sphinx and a number of other special UOEX ridables are "H" series animations. Whatever that means -- there seem to be 3 series, H, L and P. P seems to be equipment such as armor and weapons that move while being carried.

Though actually, when I look close the same triangular graphic clip gets taken out of the horse animation too, just not the resting one, it clips a leg when running.

Which is actually another interesting difference... The sphinx doesn't have a run animation, just a walk animation. So while the horse has walk (0), run(1) and idle(2), the sphinx has walk(0) and idle(1). I think animation 1 suffers the clipping for both...

I'm kinda shooting in the dark here so YMMV. Programs used were UOFiddler and ultima-online-mulpatcher.