Ignore List

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Aerith
Master Scribe

Ignore List

Post by Aerith »

Hey, could you please fix the ignore list so it ignores people chat on-screen too please? Their spamming in TC is relentless. At the moment it only ignores global chat and PMs.

Thank you!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: Ignore List

Post by Muolke »

Just don't go to TC - problem solved.

It's interesting how you've been on this shard for 2 minutes and you've done nothing but complain about everything. Just sit back and enjoy the free game. Everything will be ok I promise.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

But then you wouldn't know how much Muolke is selling his BC for...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

qbf wrote:But then you wouldn't know how much Muolke is selling his BC for...
This is essential survival information on Excelsior. You can't not know this...LMAO!

Btw: Selling a fresh BC for 240ED :dance :dance :dance
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Wouldnt mind but all of his stuff is expensive and the spam 24/7 about EDs he can buy from [exex. I think he just likes attention. Or spam.

Anyway i fixed it, the ingame ignore feature is actually working, ahhhhhh, peace and quiet!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Ads in world chat are allowed once per hour, and are therefore not spam...but ads.

As far as the in game messages, they're also not against codex. Just because you don't agree with something it doesn't make it spam.

Lastly, I sell a variety of items all of which are usually the cheapest prices around so it's not like i'm price gouging or taking advantage of other players.

I hope you enjoy your time on UOEX!
Mosh
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Mosh »

Aerith wrote:the ingame ignore feature is actually working, ahhhhhh, peace and quiet!
Thank you. :)
Mosh - Great Lakes 1998-2001, some other server 2015, Excelsior 2017-present
Obituary - alt
Moshette - alt
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Muolke wrote:Ads in world chat are allowed once per hour, and are therefore not spam...but ads.
There must be at least 60 minutes in between, and there must be at least 12 lines of other player's text in between. A player is permitted to make at maximum 12 such announcements in a shard day
You certainly don't follow this rule.
Muolke wrote:As far as the in game messages, they're also not against codex. Just because you don't agree with something it doesn't make it spam.
Have you ever read the bright red sign in TC that says "don't run annoying macros in TC"? :)
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Muolke wrote:As far as the in game messages, they're also not against codex. Just because you don't agree with something it doesn't make it spam.
Just because something's not regulated by the Codex it doesn't mean it's not spam.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Gaara wrote:
Have you ever read the bright red sign in TC that says "don't run annoying macros in TC"? :)
I have and I asked +C and he said it doesn't violate the codex so...you can read it until the cows come home it still won't change a thing.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Animol wrote:
Just because something's not regulated by the Codex it doesn't mean it's not spam.
The definition of spam is as follows:

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients

My in game message advertising items for sale isn't inappropriate or irrelevant. Perhaps you should touch up on the meaning of the word. I'm sure it's super annoying to some people, who complain about EVERYTHING. I' sure you're just a blast to be around in real life.
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

So standing in the middle of TC repeating the same message over and over every 20 seconds to everyone whos there isnt spam? OK.

Its just selfish and annoying.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Aerith wrote:So standing in the middle of TC repeating the same message over and over every 20 seconds to everyone whos there isnt spam? OK.

Its just selfish and annoying.
First off, it's every 3 minutes. Feel free to time it. Second, even if it was every 20 seconds...by definition it's not spam because it's not irrelevant or inappropriate. Explain to me how it would possibly qualify as being "selfish"? Do you people even know what these words mean?
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

By your definition, "spam" is being inappropriate. Do you not think spamming your ad over and over and over is not selfish and inappropriate? Literally forcing people that they read your ad, because your ad is so special. Even though you have a vendor and people are able to search those items using the website search tool if they did want to buy your items.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally, im sure youre a great guy, but from day 2 you was on my ignore list as all i saw from you was spamming for EDs and sitting around doing absolutely nothing. I know MANY have you on their ignore list too...but hey, gotta get those ED's right? Because theyre so rare....
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Aerith wrote:By your definition, "spam" is being inappropriate. Do you not think spamming your ad over and over and over is not selfish and inappropriate? Literally forcing people that they read your ad, because your ad is so special. Even though you have a vendor and people are able to search those items using the website search tool if they did want to buy your items.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally, im sure youre a great guy, but from day 2 you was on my ignore list as all i saw from you was spamming for EDs and sitting around doing absolutely nothing. I know MANY have you on their ignore list too...but hey, gotta get those ED's right? Because theyre so rare....
1. It isn't MY definition. Go on Google and enter "spam definition" and that's what comes up. We don't all get to define each word. That's what you fail to understand.

2. Nobody is forced to read my ad. You make a choice to read it.

3. So on the same day you said the administrators of this shard need to be punched in the throat you also added me to your ignore list? Do you want a medal or a cookie for it? Oh no wait...you didn't say they needed to be punched in the throat until a week in. Gotcha.

4. I really don't care how many people have me on their ignore list. This isn't junior high. I'm here to play a game and enjoy myself. I have a job and a family and use this game to "space out" and as someone that's been here for several year it really doesn't impact me at all to have someone who has been here a minute and has complained since day 1 say that i'm absolutely awful. That's your problem, not mine.

5. I usually get 5-6 deals done with EDs per day so while you don't care for my ads...others apparently do.

6. I find it interesting how you sit here and complain about me...meanwhile here you are doing 2 ads within a minute of each other as I type this.