Ignore List

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Aerith
Master Scribe

Re: Ignore List

Post by Aerith »

Muolke wrote:
Aerith wrote:By your definition, "spam" is being inappropriate. Do you not think spamming your ad over and over and over is not selfish and inappropriate? Literally forcing people that they read your ad, because your ad is so special. Even though you have a vendor and people are able to search those items using the website search tool if they did want to buy your items.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally, im sure youre a great guy, but from day 2 you was on my ignore list as all i saw from you was spamming for EDs and sitting around doing absolutely nothing. I know MANY have you on their ignore list too...but hey, gotta get those ED's right? Because theyre so rare....
1. It isn't MY definition. Go on Google and enter "spam definition" and that's what comes up. We don't all get to define each word. That's what you fail to understand.

2. Nobody is forced to read my ad. You make a choice to read it.

3. So on the same day you said the administrators of this shard need to be punched in the throat you also added me to your ignore list? Do you want a medal or a cookie for it? Oh no wait...you didn't say they needed to be punched in the throat until a week in. Gotcha.

4. I really don't care how many people have me on their ignore list. This isn't junior high. I'm here to play a game and enjoy myself. I have a job and a family and use this game to "space out" and as someone that's been here for several year it really doesn't impact me at all to have someone who has been here a minute and has complained since day 1 say that i'm absolutely awful. That's your problem, not mine.

5. I usually get 5-6 deals done with EDs per day so while you don't care for my ads...others apparently do.

6. I find it interesting how you sit here and complain about me...meanwhile here you are doing 2 ads within a minute of each other as I type this.
1. I think youre the only person on the shard who doesnt think what you do is spam, but ok, thats what people living in their own little bubbles feel i guess.

2. Your spam fills up everyones journal, but youre right, OSI ignore feature fixed that.

3. Not all. Just the person who created the monstrosity that is doom and sucked all the fun out of it.

4. Ive not complained since day 1. Ive complained since day 2. Mostly about your spam. Please get your facts right.

5. Well go you. You save, what 1k per ED from buying off exex? Are you really that poo rthat youre happy to have half the shard put you on their ignore list so you can save 1k per ED? MK, i guess.. lol

6. Do you want me to go in TC and remove you off ignore list and throw up a cute little picture showing you filling my journal relentlessly? Thought not. I barely put any ads up. Most my stuff goes on my vendor or on the forum. I dont have to shove it down people throats what im selling because my stuff sells quick beceuase i price it well. PaPa sells crushers at 190ED and i was offered 2 Spirit of the Totems at 150ED, i bought one yesterday.

Whatever man, aslong as youre having fun and i aint gotta read your spam, were good ^^. Take care.
Cengaver
Master Scribe

Post by Cengaver »

Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

You sit in the middle of TC, flooding your ads to bypass the world chat rules (which you break anyway, more on that below), and then you come here to argue with people that don't like your spam, saying you're right and they're wrong? Oh man, that's rich.

Since I have some time to kill, let's take a quick look at your ad history, available for anyone to confirm thanks to the beauty of portal.uoex.net, shall we?

2019-10-18 (today)
- 11 spam messages so far. I'm sure you'll obey the Codex, which you like to reference so much, and only post one more ad in the next 13 hours, right?
- None of them at least 60 minutes apart (all 59 or less). You gotta fix those intervals my man.
- 3 12-line rule violations.

2019-10-17
- 15 spam messages (12 allowed per day in case you forgot).
- Again, none of them 60 minutes apart.
- 2 12-line rule violations.

2019-10-16
- Only 6 ads this time. Slow day?
- Still none of them 60 minutes apart.
- No 12-line rule violations! Congrats!

2019-10-15
- 25 spam messages (ooooopsie).
- None of them 60 minutes apart (well it would be hard to squeeze 25 of them during a 24-hour period if they were at least one hour apart).
- 6 12-line rule violations if I'm not mistaken.

2019-10-14
- 24 spam messages.
- 2 or 3 were 60 or more minutes apart, the rest was less.
- 15 12-line rule violations.

2019-10-13
- 11 spam messages (there we go!).
- Almost all of them less then 60 minutes apart (1 was OK).
- No 12-line rule violations (lucky for you it was a busy day in WC).

2019-10-12
- 3 spam messages (5 messages total, you must've been offline or something).
- 1 60-minute rule violation.
- 1 12-line rule violation.

2019-10-11
- 20 spam messages.
- Almost none of them 60 minutes apart (1 was OK).
- 6 12-line rule violations.

That's just one week and I wasn't even counting champ announcements (which technically fall under the same rule) or some non-macroed ads here and there. All I did was Ctrl+F'd your ads and went through the results. If someone wanted to manually sift through all your history those stats would look even worse. Now, please, do tell us one more time how your spamming routine follows the Codex.
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

oh sh..... LOL!

*applauds*. You Sir. Get a gold star.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I do wish the WC add rule was 1 actually followed and possible changed to once every 2 hours. Or maybe there was a [ad instead of [c command that would go global that would fix a lot of the spam we are all guilty of.
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

WAIT - what if we could make a forum section JUST FOR SELLING AND BUYING THINGS?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Aerith wrote:
1. I think youre the only person on the shard who doesnt think what you do is spam, but ok, thats what people living in their own little bubbles feel i guess.

2. Your spam fills up everyones journal, but youre right, OSI ignore feature fixed that.

3. Not all. Just the person who created the monstrosity that is doom and sucked all the fun out of it.

4. Ive not complained since day 1. Ive complained since day 2. Mostly about your spam. Please get your facts right.

5. Well go you. You save, what 1k per ED from buying off exex? Are you really that poo rthat youre happy to have half the shard put you on their ignore list so you can save 1k per ED? MK, i guess.. lol

6. Do you want me to go in TC and remove you off ignore list and throw up a cute little picture showing you filling my journal relentlessly? Thought not. I barely put any ads up. Most my stuff goes on my vendor or on the forum. I dont have to shove it down people throats what im selling because my stuff sells quick beceuase i price it well. PaPa sells crushers at 190ED and i was offered 2 Spirit of the Totems at 150ED, i bought one yesterday.

Whatever man, aslong as youre having fun and i aint gotta read your spam, were good ^^. Take care.
1. Again, my little message about selling something isn't spam as it's not inappropriate or irrelevant. You can keep repeating that it is, and anyone else can as well...but all you're doing is confirming that you need to learn more about the english language.

2. My in game message only goes in your journal if you're by me...and it's every 3 minutes. If it bothers you, then don't stand next to me. You act like someone is shoving something down your throat but you're just being a giant baby.

3. So you still think that +C needs to be punched in the throat. Wow! I'm sure he will appreciate that. He was really nice to you in his first reply but something tells me you'll keep digging your grave and won't be on this server for much longer.

4. You made a huge post about how much you hate gauntlet and went as far as trash talking the admins on this server 1 week after you started. Why did you leave the other servers? Something tells me you were booted off. Your attitude really sucks dude.

5. I actually save over 2,000 gold per ED by buying them from players (due to the ExEx fees), and in case you're wondering my 6 figure salary allows me to donate as much as i'd like to ExEx. I'm actually willing to bet I donate more to this server than any other player. Maybe +C can confirm if you'd like. In the past year i've donated over $2,000. You really want to go there?

6. No, I don't want you to take me off your ignore list...I just wish you'd stop crying about everything like a little baby. Nobody is shoving anything down your throat. It's like trying to justify sexual assault on a woman because she's wearing a skirt. It's quite pathetic actually. Just do your thing and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Btw: There's many players on this shard that are out of work or unable to work due to an injury or medical condition so you should probably never bring up "poor" again as players come to ExEx to simply have a good time and get their minds off of real world problems.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

I think there been rule that prohibited spamming and annoying macroses in public areas. I can't find it in Excelsior's Codex, so probably it was on some other shard. I think it's good rule.
Concerning advertising in TC that ED exchange, I can't say it annoys personally me that much(though I'm just selling/buying all ED to exex). If it annoys Aerith and other players, then one of good solutions seems to add these messages to ignore list indeed. And [ad command looks like even better solution.
Concerning donations, if you want to see real rich players, try to find Whiplash's house on Ice Island(look east of Deceit), and count how many real Titan's Hammers are lying there in stack. That stack is 40k ed worth, and I doubt he farmed all that gold just by playing.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Iltar wrote:if you want to see real rich players, try to find Whiplash's house on Ice Island(look east of Deceit), and count how many real Titan's Hammers are lying there in stack.
You mean The Stack of 20 Titan Hammers? This is a deco item, it was even on display in TC.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Deco? OK it's funny item. Still at least some people donated > 2k euro. This is good for shard.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)