T map book issue

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

T map book issue

Post by PaPa »

PaPa_10-9_14.06-1.jpg
PaPa_10-9_14.06-1.jpg (208.48 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
So I've been doing some stashes and the tmap book has been pointint to the wrong location, Its still on the screen but not the correct location,
Tothia
Journeyman Scribe

Re: T map book issue

Post by Tothia »

you know stashes are like maps and sos's..you have to remove from the book to use them
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

i know how it works this was just to show how far the arrow is off compared to were the treasure is actually located
Fist
Elder Scribe

Post by Fist »

I have found several spots that have that issue, especially in swamps and jungles.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I just checked this out, it's a client issue, but I can make a workaround.

Basically, the client just sends that the arrow should point to an X-Y coordiante, but this place in ilshenar is below the Z=0 plane, so the arrow points to the correct coordinates, just that it points to a place in the sky, and because of the isometric projection it seems like it's a few tiles to the north-west.

I've made a fix, so that the arrow will now point to a different X-Y coordinate, but it will appear as if it is pointing to the exact tile on the ground. I hope this doesn't break any 3rd party helper apps functionality.

And while on the subject...
2019-10-18 the lost quarry.png
2019-10-18 the lost quarry.png (115.76 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)