Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Luna
Expert Scribe

Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Post by Luna »

I reported this bug on 21st June but never received a response so I'm trying here.
I'm voting every day and get a reward but the reward level drops by one every day (see screenshot as proof)
06-26-2018 18.08.57.jpg
06-26-2018 18.08.57.jpg (33.82 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
Please fix that bug, thanks

Kitty
Animol
Elder Scribe

Re: Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Post by Animol »

Not saying it will but reading the rules might help.
Attachments
luna-voting.png
luna-voting.png (417.86 KiB) Viewed 6565 times
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We received several tickets in the last week about this, it seems that there's a problem with one of the sites that reports votes back to the server, and so your votes are registered as "unfair", making your reward level go down.

I have just contacted them, relayed the relevant info to help them find the error, assuming it's on their end. I'll know more when i hear back from them.

It appears that this problem is just limited to some players. It's also not related to whether you have a public IPv6 or IPv4 address (that's a bit more geeky material, but this was an issue with the vote system about a year or two ago).

I'll update this thread when i get news. If you sent a ticket and you're reading this post, i'll update you on the ticket as well :)

Overall, these are the main things for voting to be successful:
- wait 24 hours (and an extra few minutes) between vote sessions
- click on the "open browser" button on the vote stone, so that all your votes are tagged with a unique ID, for the server to be able to match the confirmations to your account 100%.
- vote on all the big-bold links (usually 5 of them)
- after voting, wait another 5 minutes, since not all sites report votes instantly.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Looking at your screenshot Luna,

Code: Select all

You voted on June 18th at 13:58                 Great
You voted on June 19th at 8:49                  not 24 hours in between
Then on June 20th at 11:35                      Great!
Then on June 21st at 8:02                       not 24 hours in between
Then you missed June 22nd                       skipped a day completely
Then on June 23rd at 7:50                       Great!
Then on June 24th at 7:43                       not 24 hours in between
then on June 25th at 14:17                      Great!
then on June 26th at 16:01                      Great
Sorry for alingment, not even the code block seems to be working to hold it.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Ok i've received word from their administrator, they've set up extra logging so that we can try to find the cause of this issue.

But we need you to keep voting, only that way we can have the data to analyze and find the problem.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Kaiho
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Kaiho »

I think I found my issue. The web browser that is opened up by the website stone is not working for the last link. I did figure out that Microsoft Edge does work so I will start using that to vote from now on.
Luna
Expert Scribe

Post by Luna »

Current status:
Stalled at reward level 16 and 35k gold

Requiem's analysis failed to explain why I didn't gain a reward level for those attempts he labeled "Great!". He also failed to explain why I get a reward at all for those attempts he didn't label "Great!" From what I know of the game mechanics (mechanics before "the" change - where "the" is completely undefined) many of the attempts should have altered my reward level in some way.

@Kaiho: I generally copy the URL sent to MSIE by the game client and paste it into my Firefox. The (IMHO completely retard) "turning-pet-silhouette" which they recently updated to "triple-retardness" captcha never worked well with MSIE
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (21.97 KiB) Viewed 6137 times
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Luna wrote:Current status:
Stalled at reward level 16 and 35k gold
Current status:
You still don't wait at least 24 hours between each voting session. Explanations you seek can be found in the voting instructions available at the voting stone.

This is how you vote properly (some intervals are of course way longer than needed):

This is how you vote:

How is your level supposed to go up if you keep casting "unfair" votes? I'm actually surprised it stopped dropping with record like that.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

To my understanding its based on a 7 day rolling cycle. So 1 missed vote will mess with your total votes for a full 7 days, until it "rolls off".

From the screenshot provided you have not voted fairly 3 times in a row, so you wouldn't be increasing, or maintaining your current level.

From the bottom:

June 29th - FAIR - will assume fair since I can't see any previous data
June 30th - FAIR
July 1st - UNFAIR
July 2nd - UNFAIR

July 3rd - FAIR
July 4th UNFAIR
July 5th - FAIR
July 6th - UNFAIR

From the Instructions:
If your level is still decreasing after voting FAIRLY 3 times in a row, please submit a help request.
This says to me, that you need to vote at least 4 times in a row to get an increase, an 3 to maintain your current level.
If your level is not increasing after voting FAIRLY 7 times in a row, please submit a help request
This says to me, that it's on a rolling 7 day cycle, so a missed vote can affect you for up to a week at a time.

That being said, I don't know the specifics of the system. Just what I've read about them, which is the same information available to you. Also, keep in mind, this whole system also depends on the websites. When they change how something works, we have to then update it on our end. I think a lot of people forget, we don't control that side of the equation.

When you've voted 3 times fairly in a row, and your level is still decreasing, OR if you've voted FAIRLY 7 times in a row, and you have not increased a level, please submit a help request. Until then, I am considering this matter closed.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

Luna wrote:Current status:

Requiem's analysis failed to explain why I didn't gain a reward level for those attempts he labeled "Great!". He also failed to explain why I get a reward at all for those attempts he didn't label "Great!" From what I know of the game mechanics (mechanics before "the" change - where "the" is completely undefined) many of the attempts should have altered my reward level in some way.

In the rules it says to level up it takes into factor the last 7 days. So if you are not keeping the correct time and go under 24 hrs on days between those 7 days. I don't think you will level up.
Sindall
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Sindall »

I guess while we're on the topic of reward levels, do you need to have the voting stone launch the browser to vote? I've never gained a level, but I've also never successfully started a browser session from clicking on the stone. Would be nice to get greater rewards.
RayB
Apprentice Scribe

Post by RayB »

Hi Guys:

Looking at Luna's post, above, it occurred to me that my problems with the voting started when that changed to that triple captcha thing. I wonder if there is a way to get them to change back to see if it fixes the problem.

Just my thoughts.

Funsalow
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Sindall wrote:I guess while we're on the topic of reward levels, do you need to have the voting stone launch the browser to vote? I've never gained a level, but I've also never successfully started a browser session from clicking on the stone. Would be nice to get greater rewards.

No you do not need to launch from the stone. You can just go to www.uoex.net/ and vote on the 5 links.
As far as "greater rewards" goes.... 1 ED/50000 Gold is pretty good for 2 mins of clicking don't you think?
We vote to support the site, not for personal gain.
RayB
Apprentice Scribe

Post by RayB »

Do you still get the reward if you bypass the stone?
RayB
Apprentice Scribe

Post by RayB »

Never mind, answered my own question by reading. Sorry.