Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Post by andl2ea »

Charon wrote:
andl2ea wrote:I thought the stone wouldnt let you vote anyway if it isnt past the 24hr wait time? Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently. I wont be voting anymore until I hear that something has been fixed. If I havent changed the way Ive voted on my end then Id assume its nothing Im doing wrong.

You won't hear about it being fixed since you aren't voting.
The issues that some are having seems to be limited to only those people, most of us can vote with no problem, only you can determine if it's fixed.... by voting.

People are trying to give suggestions for you to try and you respond by telling the community your not voting because you don't see a personal gain. This isn't exactly the way to get the community to offer assistance.

Vote because you want to support the shard, not because of some potential reward for doing so.
Or don't vote/support, completely up you.
Who said the lack of reward was the only reason I wouldnt be voting anymore? You know what they say about assumptions right? Thanks for your "help" in this matter Charon. As always you have been super helpful :dance Also if they don't want people complaining about their reward levels dropping then maybe they should'nt offer a reward at all. You know since all of the people are voting strictly for their love of the shard and all.
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

andl2ea wrote: Thanks for your "help" in this matter
If you want real help, you need to provide real information. Start with posting a screenshot of your latest votes (preferably more than 7). Saying "My voting stone is broken" means absolutely nothing.
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

Animol wrote:
If you want real help, you need to provide real information. Start with posting a screenshot of your latest votes (preferably more than 7). Saying "My voting stone is broken" means absolutely nothing.
Clearly working as intended, right? Why is my level still at 24 when I've voted twice this month while someone who votes every day has their reward decrease every time? It isn't just, "my voting stone is broken," they've said what the issue is for them. Let's just leave things unfixed, right? It works fine for me. Charon, they aren't voting because the voting reward system isn't working properly for them and some others, not because they don't like the shard.
Attachments
voting reward.png
voting reward.png (180.19 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

Animol wrote:
Why would I post a screenshot of the same issue others are having and have posted screenshots about? So you can pull it apart and tell me Im the one doing something wrong? No thanks. If a gm chooses to contact me on the matter then thats fine. Thanks again :wink:
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

andl2ea wrote:
Charon wrote:
andl2ea wrote:I thought the stone wouldnt let you vote anyway if it isnt past the 24hr wait time? Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently. I wont be voting anymore until I hear that something has been fixed. If I havent changed the way Ive voted on my end then Id assume its nothing Im doing wrong.

You won't hear about it being fixed since you aren't voting.
The issues that some are having seems to be limited to only those people, most of us can vote with no problem, only you can determine if it's fixed.... by voting.
People are trying to give suggestions for you to try and you respond by telling the community your not voting because you don't see a personal gain. This isn't exactly the way to get the community to offer assistance.
Vote because you want to support the shard, not because of some potential reward for doing so.
Or don't vote/support, completely up you.
Who said the lack of reward was the only reason I wouldnt be voting anymore? You know what they say about assumptions right?
Dev: Considering your post is titled "Constantly losing REWARDS...…" and you did say you are not voting till it gets fixed pretty much implies you are voting for the reward. Who said you are voting for the reward? Well, to be fair, YOU did

Thanks for your "help" in this matter Charon. As always you have been super helpful :dance

Anytime, I did suggest you keep voting to see if the problem is resolved, I can't imagine not voting for so long helped your reward level.

Also if they don't want people complaining about their reward levels dropping then maybe they should'nt offer a reward at all. You know since all of the people are voting strictly for their love of the shard and all.
Asking for help is encouraged, throwing your arms up in the air and walking off in a huff is quite another.
Last edited by Charon on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Erth wrote:Clearly working as intended, right? Why is my level still at 24 when I've voted twice this month
Because the stone resets after 30 days of inactivity, not 10 or 15 or whatever. You can find this information in - surprise - the voting instructions 8)
Erth wrote:while someone who votes every day has their reward decrease every time?
Someone who? Luna, who started this thread, votes daily but apparently she doesn't follow the voting instructions most of the time (even after being told multiple times exactly what she's doing wrong) so of course her level drops/stops. Other people's voting problems may be caused by the same thing.
Erth wrote:It isn't just, "my voting stone is broken," they've said what the issue is for them.
They who? Because I replied to andl2ea and all I see is "Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently." That's like saying "My car is not working even though it was working a week ago" and expecting someone on the internet to magically know what's going on and solve your problem. At least tell if the engine is still there 8)
Erth wrote:Let's just leave things unfixed, right? It works fine for me.
It works now, but it wasn't a while back. I was stuck at level 1 for like 3 weeks because one of the voting sites (apparently the most important one) loaded maybe once every 4-5 days so most of my votes were unfair. I double checked the voting instructions to be sure I was doing everything by the books, I even tried pinging that site remotely from several locations all over the world (multiple times on different days) to check if it's really down or something's not working properly on my end. I didn't simply write "Hey, the voting stone is broken, plz fix". One day staff did their magic, the broken link was either fixed or removed from the rotation and I've been enjoying my free daily GP/ED ever since. Maybe they knew about the broken website before my report, maybe they didn't - either way, providing as much information as you can is how you get stuff done. Staff members are not omniscient :wink:
andl2ea wrote:Why would I post a screenshot of the same issue others are having and have posted screenshots about? So you can pull it apart and tell me Im the one doing something wrong? No thanks.
Alrighty then :lool:
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Erth wrote:
Animol wrote:
Clearly working as intended, right? Why is my level still at 24 when I've voted twice this month while someone who votes every day has their reward decrease every time? It isn't just, "my voting stone is broken," they've said what the issue is for them. Let's just leave things unfixed, right? It works fine for me. Charon, they aren't voting because the voting reward system isn't working properly for them and some others, not because they don't like the shard.
Not voting won't exactly improved their reward level, now will it?
2 reasons to vote, reward and supporting the shard.
Not voting at all gets you zero rewards and decreases your level even further and doesn't support the shard.
Not exactly the best way to get support. :roll:
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Animol wrote:
Erth wrote:Clearly working as intended, right? Why is my level still at 24 when I've voted twice this month
Because the stone resets after 30 days of inactivity, not 10 or 15 or whatever. You can find this information in - surprise - the voting instructions 8)
Erth wrote:while someone who votes every day has their reward decrease every time?
Someone who? Luna, who started this thread, votes daily but apparently she doesn't follow the voting instructions most of the time (even after being told multiple times exactly what she's doing wrong) so of course her level drops/stops. Other people's voting problems may be caused by the same thing.
Erth wrote:It isn't just, "my voting stone is broken," they've said what the issue is for them.
They who? Because I replied to andl2ea and all I see is "Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently." That's like saying "My car is not working even though it was working a week ago" and expecting someone on the internet to magically know what's going on and solve your problem. At least tell if the engine is still there 8)
Erth wrote:Let's just leave things unfixed, right? It works fine for me.
It works now, but it wasn't a while back. I was stuck at level 1 for like 3 weeks because one of the voting sites (apparently the most important one) loaded maybe once every 4-5 days so most of my votes were unfair. I double checked the voting instructions to be sure I was doing everything by the books, I even tried pinging that site remotely from several locations all over the world (multiple times on different days) to check if it's really down or something's not working properly on my end. I didn't simply write "Hey, the voting stone is broken, plz fix". One day staff did their magic, the broken link was either fixed or removed from the rotation and I've been enjoying my free daily GP/ED ever since. Maybe they knew about the broken website before my report, maybe they didn't - either way, providing as much information as you can is how you get stuff done. Staff members are not omniscient :wink:
andl2ea wrote:Why would I post a screenshot of the same issue others are having and have posted screenshots about? So you can pull it apart and tell me Im the one doing something wrong? No thanks.
Alrighty then :lool:

Amen. :!: :nod:
RayB
Apprentice Scribe

Post by RayB »

Charon wrote:
RayB wrote: Hey PhDs:

If you have been reading the posts and listening to server chatter, some of us are having problems that are NOT time related. I watch my voting times very carefully. The admins have acknowledged that there is a problem with at least one of the voting servers, for some people. If you are not having a problem, have a cookie and go back to Fortnite.

Hey Pumpkin:

1. Example posted earlier showed player not waiting 24hrs before voting again.
9 voting days: 5 legit votes, 3 not waiting 24rs in between votes, 1 days missed altogether.

2. Colibri stated to keep voting so they can collect data which will help them find the error (even though some players said they won't vote till it's fixed.) Again you wont know it's fixed unless you vote, in some cases.

3. The fact that some players have figured out it was an error on their side, browser issue, and 99% of us don't have issues, leads one to think its on the players side somewhere.

4. Fortnite! LOL, you kids are soo damn cute.
Nice try.
*pats RayB on the head*

Signed
One of Your Friendly Neighbourhood PhDs

Nice to see you TOTALLY missed my point but your attempt at sarcasm is entertaining.

Ray B.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

RayB wrote:
Charon wrote:
RayB wrote: Hey PhDs:

If you have been reading the posts and listening to server chatter, some of us are having problems that are NOT time related. I watch my voting times very carefully. The admins have acknowledged that there is a problem with at least one of the voting servers, for some people. If you are not having a problem, have a cookie and go back to Fortnite.

Hey Pumpkin:

1. Example posted earlier showed player not waiting 24hrs before voting again.
9 voting days: 5 legit votes, 3 not waiting 24rs in between votes, 1 days missed altogether.

2. Colibri stated to keep voting so they can collect data which will help them find the error (even though some players said they won't vote till it's fixed.) Again you wont know it's fixed unless you vote, in some cases.

3. The fact that some players have figured out it was an error on their side, browser issue, and 99% of us don't have issues, leads one to think its on the players side somewhere.

4. Fortnite! LOL, you kids are soo damn cute.
Nice try.
*pats RayB on the head*

Signed
One of Your Friendly Neighbourhood PhDs

Nice to see you TOTALLY missed my point but your attempt at sarcasm is entertaining.

Ray B.

Nope, didn't miss it all, nice you came back after 10 days to beat the horse some more.