St Patrick gold tokens

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

St Patrick gold tokens

Post by Silent »

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at my second token fading away because the dragon fails to recognize me. Anyone knows a way of fixing this rather than just waiting and passing again ?

I wonder if anyone knows if in these cases continuing to do the event will count for stacks (totem) and if GMs retrieve the rewards we've lost (decos and clovers).

Since I know staff will be a bit missing for these days I really needed to know if someone has been through this to know if I should keep farming the event or quit it until my page is resolved.

Thanks in advance
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Re: St Patrick gold tokens

Post by allendown »

happen to me to, sent in a help request, no help, token disappeared in an hour or so, no token no prize, not even a couple of clovers. i am still doing quest, has not happened since (fingers crossed, ten fingers five crosses) this is the SkinWalker still playing an loving the game
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

So the good news is that at the 3rd try it redeemed the token again, this means that if you get this bug you can still try your luck because it is not forever.

I am still wondering what can cause this, allendown, did you moved the token when you receive it or in any time before you went to the dragon?

I'm asking this because one of the times it landed over a bag and I tried to move it, perhaps it caused the bug ... the other time I have no idea tbh.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

I've seen a few people run into this but it's only happened to me once. I'm sure most of them already sent a help request so if the staff don't already know about it then they will soon enough. It must be annoying to miss out on rewards/clovers for the quest three times, I wouldn't be very excited about that. It feels like this happens somewhat commonly so I wonder why I haven't heard more people talk about it. Hopefully the staff look into this before the quest ends, even if it is ending soon.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
allendown
Journeyman Scribe

Post by allendown »

i tried to move a token once, it wouldn't move. good old Falcore from the neverending story accepted it. the time the Luck Dragon didn't recognize me, i tried again, rebooted, and tried again. its only happen ed the once, but nothing i did on that token helped
:?
mrsdeshon
Expert Scribe

Post by mrsdeshon »

hi Axe and I have both had issues with falcor the dragon this year. He didn't realize either one of us. Fortunately only1 occasion each. We are waiting for GM's to get tokens and reward. There are lots going on with +Nix not feeling well and the wedding so patience is important :)
Wildlucy
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

The best way to deal with these issues is...

1: Make sure you are not fiddling around with your token. Do not try to move it, do not try to double click it, do not mess with it whatsoever.

2: If someone else is already next to the dragon, do NOT get near the dragon. Once there is no one nearby, wait 10 seconds, then run up to the dragon.

3: If the dragon does not recognize that you are attempting to turn in the token, and you are standing directly on top of him, run away until you cannot see him anymore, then run back to him and stand directly on top of him again.

Try this until it works, I have NEVER had an issue following these guidelines.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.