Low virtual memory

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Gareatron
Expert Scribe

Low virtual memory

Post by Gareatron »

Hey guys I've got a problem with starting up uoex. Everytime I start the game up and it says I don't have enough memory to start the game, which is not true because I have 16gigs. I've restarted my my computer few times I've even downloaded a "fix" from another free shard forums and nothing works. Any help I would appreciated it.
UO character:Gareatron Guild:Jedi Order
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Low virtual memory

Post by Sir Blood »

The game came out when there was a cap on memory. What that means is it does not by default recognize beyond the originally set memory. You could have 64 gigs of memory, but if you have enough programs using enough memory when your computer boots, you will have the same issue.

There are 2 methods of dealing with this.

1 --

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... mory+error

essentially close unneeded programs. Email programs, web browsers and the like. Follow the forum post for a semi-walk through.

2 --

There is a higher memory fix
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... tch#p63071
Colibri posts in here with an alternative to what the 1st poster posts. Either one should fix the issue.

As always, make sure your client is set to run as administrator with compatability mode xp with service pack. If you are running Raxor, Steam or any other programs, make sure they are set to run as admin as well.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Gareatron
Expert Scribe

Post by Gareatron »

Nope that doesn't work it keeps doing it over and over. Not sure what else to do but it's been about a week and I still can't play
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

The newest UOEX patch has the fix built in, grab that and you should be good to go. I dont remember the name, or where to find it off hand, and im running late this morning so hopefully someone can help you find it if need be.
Gareatron
Expert Scribe

Post by Gareatron »

I reinstalled the game and I see the new file called client_lowmemory_NoLargeAddressAware but when I open that it still says I don't have enough memory. I also tried the command prompt way also it my told says: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied.
Gareatron
Expert Scribe

Post by Gareatron »

Fixed the problem I had to get this program Large address fixer. Everything is fine now.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Ahh the original fix :) The UOEX patch i was referring to has large address aware built in. Was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone for ya hehe. Glad you got it fixed.