alchemy

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

alchemy

Post by Alamiester »

just wonderin if anything changed with this recently, seems like the gump isnt working correctly now for me. i dont know if im just doing it differntly then when it first started, or ive just started noticing all of this stuff.

doesnt show accurate total potions that can be made, is that based totally on bottles in bag? because if your filling kegs that are in your backpack, they get recycled. if the add to kegs option is checked should it not count bottles in your bag and count regs instead? also if you have more regs then fill a keg is there a way to auto stop it. so it doesnt fill your bag with 100s of pots you gotta move, kindof an afk thing, lol. but i was watchin a movie once and filled my bag up in just a min or two. on another note beehives do the same thing with honey when i believe your bag reaches its limit count or bag wieght limit and it just keeps dropping one in your bag and not stacking them. so im clicking nonstop on the gump an not looking at it then my bags plum full of single honey pots, lol.

also alchemy just stops randomly, could be 30, could be 10. dunno if an anti afk was added or if it just stops when there is a skill gain?......edit.....this stops at bottle count.

oops, just read +nyx's post about login problems.

does cut and paste work in uo? i dont think i can retype this back and forth, lol.

***this sub section should be renamed login problems.*** :oops:
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Re: alchemy

Post by Alamiester »

seems im having wieght issues with kegs and bottles also. i have a backpack with 3 kegs in it, unknown wieght, doesent add up in totals. tryin to put 100 bottles in pack. wont transfer. remove back pack of kegs. botttles will add to backpack, cant add backpack. its like the weight doesnt add up in a backpack in a backpack. and ive seen this before with beehives where its Adds up to 1500 or so wieght, way over my wieght, but i can still run around.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Will take a look at the issue asap, thank you for reporting it :D
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Alamiester wrote:also if you have more regs then fill a keg is there a way to auto stop it. so it doesnt fill your bag with 100s of pots you gotta move, kindof an afk thing, lol.
Put exactly -one- bottle in your backpack then start making potions.
nightwolf
Passer by

Post by nightwolf »

Now that you can do one keg in one click in 5 min its great but when you make the keg the color on the keg is gone. I had the poison keg dyed green but when i refilled it the color is gone.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

yeah the keg making option is nice, but im only making pots for bees.

thanks for the info about the one potion, that works better. i can drop 100 regs from keys and itll make them until the regs are out, which is pretty quick. less of a chance of making extra pots that i dont have a keg for. just had one issue with the one bottle option. my bottle dissappeared after making a few pots. is there a chance of breaking the bottles or something?
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Alamiester wrote:yeah the keg making option is nice, but im only making pots for bees.

thanks for the info about the one potion, that works better. i can drop 100 regs from keys and itll make them until the regs are out, which is pretty quick. less of a chance of making extra pots that i dont have a keg for. just had one issue with the one bottle option. my bottle dissappeared after making a few pots. is there a chance of breaking the bottles or something?
When you run out of kegs for the potions to go into, they will start going into your bottles until you run out of bottles.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

Alamiester wrote:When you run out of kegs for the potions to go into, they will start going into your bottles until you run out of bottles.
yeah i understand that, but i was using one bottle. then my bottle disappears and it says im out of bottles. when ive got the auto add to kegs it fills the bottle then dumps it right into my keg. then the bottle usually reappears in the backpack. its done it a few times for me now. i think it might have something to do with max wieght of the backpack, and filling kegs.
sky
Apprentice Scribe

Post by sky »

The Fail System was changed. If you fail to craft a Potion you will loose the Bottle/Keg at the moment. Its under supversion though, so i guess its Tea Time Boys and Gals :D
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Ive changed the way the keg recipes work so now they wont destroy your keg if you fail, also you get to keep your kegs so you can color them again without fear, it will also know which keg had a certain type of potion in it so it will prioritize picking that one over others. As for the bottles at the moment they still get destroyed if you fail, still debating if thats ok or not. These changes will be put in effect asap.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

+Arden wrote:These changes will be put in effect asap.
Restart planned later today.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)