Ping Porblems

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
sky
Apprentice Scribe

Ping Porblems

Post by sky »

Hello,
starting this morning i have crazy ping problems. When i ping with cmd shard.uoex.net i get every 3-4th ping try timout (normally its around 110-130 ). If i do it ingame i get 5-6s pings. If i ping uoex.net no problems at all! I asked in Worldchat but nb answered so i might be the only one with the problem... Didnt know what to to do so i posted it here. I connect from germany ( Berlin ), so it might be a routing problem. It would be an enormous help if sb could tell me if its local problem or not :)

greets Sky

edit: okay i checked everything restarted everything no change. I get a faulty connection to the shard.uoex.net ergo 192.99.233.213.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Ping Porblems

Post by +Colibri »

Hey, sounds like a routing problem indeed. I don't see any server-side lag (caused by the actual game actions), uogateway's ping chart looks good too, no complaints from other players.

http://uogateway.com/shard.php?id=79&act=view

Can you contact your ISP and ask them? Otherwise, maybe the problem will clear itself up after a few hours (could also be part of a DDOS protection).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
sky
Apprentice Scribe

Post by sky »

Okay i checked a bit more and it might be a problem only for eu guys. My Routing is over us to canada to the game server and its seems that to the us the routing is bugging. Not sure if its bad luck or new standart ^^ so far i'll take a break of uo it seems. Will check though and update if there is some interest.
sky
Apprentice Scribe

Post by sky »

Okay its fixxed. Probably they had Hardware Problems which were fixxed. :)
sky
Apprentice Scribe

Post by sky »

sky wrote:Okay its fixxed. Probably they had Hardware Problems which were fixxed. :)
and back again... might even be a bandwith problem induced through a defect or something. Seems to take a while longer to fixx than i thought though :(

edit: okay its provider sided found sb else in berlin who didnt have any problems :(. Tried an Openvpn server and pinged shard.uoex.net constant ping. So i will now play over vpn it seems for a while.

edit2: got a program to handle proxy rules ect. Works like a charm got a stable connection now. Only downside you need a licence and you need a proxy.... so if sb has the same problem and dosent care he might want to check out proxiefier ( hope it helps sb someday ) works like a charm for me.