Need gold for the auction? Look no further!

Buying, selling, searching for, looking for help with...
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Need gold for the auction? Look no further!

Post by Muolke »

Are you drooling over an auction item you've been waiting to have for a very long time? Don't think you have enough gold? I got you covered!

Now offering pawn services!

Do you have an item with real value that you don't want to sell (or just hasn't sold on your vendor)? Message me! I can offer you gold on the spot for it!

Terms:

You'll be offered up to 75% of it's gold value (I will appraise) in exchange for that item. Your item will be pawned and will be returned to you once you fulfill your obligations.

Pawn service fees -

Full repayment of pawn gold amount within 7 days (168 hours calculated using shard time) = 8% service fee on the amount you received for your item.

Full repayment of pawn gold amount within 14 days (336 hours calculated using shard time) = 15% service fee on the amount you received for your item.

Full repayment of pawn gold amount within 21 days (504 hours calculated using shard time) = 21% service fee on the amount you received for your item.

Full repayment of pawn gold amount within 30 days (720 hours calculated using shard time) = 25% service fee on the amount you received for your item.

Failure to repay full pawn gold amount within 30 days will result in loss of your item. At that point it will become my property and you will have defaulted on our terms.

Special considerations and/or terms can be offered depending on the item being pawned.

Message me on this forum for details or in game (Shmoopsie Poo) if you have any questions or would like to pawn an item.

REMEMBER: These grand auction items are VERY RARE. You could go another 2-3 years without seeing a certain item. Get the gold you need now so you can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Need gold for the auction? Look no further!

Post by Wil »

lol, Shmoopsie Poo's loan shark services. It the money was real, the rates would more than five times the legal standards on usury.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:12 pm
lol, Shmoopsie Poo's loan shark services. It the money was real, the rates would more than five times the legal standards on usury.
Not quite. Here in Florida a pawn shop can charge up to 25% interest per month plus fees. They also usually only offer up to 60% of an items value whereas I will go up to 75%. So my terms are better :D

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xp ... story.html

"
Last edited by Muolke on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Muolke wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:03 pm

REMEMBER: These grand auction items are VERY RARE. You could go another 2-3 years without seeing a certain item. Get the gold you need now so you can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
i love auctions and tend to buy the silliest crap but im well aware that some auction items will sometimes be repeated A LOT. buy stuff cuz you like them or they are useful but dont count on them staying rare or valuable.
i have no problem with pawnshops or advertising pawnshops but that last line is complete and total bs.

-Karen (kyles mom)
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

culichi wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:24 pm
Muolke wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:03 pm

i love auctions and tend to buy the silliest crap but im well aware that some auction items will sometimes be repeated A LOT. buy stuff cuz you like them or they are useful but dont count on them staying rare or valuable.
i have no problem with pawnshops or advertising pawnshops but that last line is complete and total bs.

-Karen (kyles mom)
My post is 100% accurate. The last Totem sold was 2 years ago. Last time a housing instance was sold? Several years ago. Panda mount? Several years ago. That's why my post says "you COULD go another 2-3 years without seeing a CERTAIN item". It doesn't say all the items are only sold once every 2-3 years.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

a meteorite could crash into earth today and kill us all!!

how is that any different than your opinion on rarity? is that also 100% accurate? lol im not gonna get into some word war with you muolke i was just stating MY OPINION and it is not gonna change.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

A licensed Florida pawnbroker carefully following the lawful process including all the forms may charge a maximum including all interest and service fees of 25% or $5 per 30 days, whichever is more.

For everyone else (including unlicensed pawn brokers) it's a felony to go over 45% per year, around 3.7% per 30 days.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 7.071.html
any person making an extension of credit to any person, who shall willfully and knowingly charge, take, or receive interest thereon at a rate exceeding 45 percent per annum or the equivalent rate for a longer or shorter period of time, whether directly or indirectly or conspire so to do, commits a felony of the third degree
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

culichi wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:39 pm
a meteorite could crash into earth today and kill us all!!

how is that any different than your opinion on rarity? is that also 100% accurate? lol im not gonna get into some word war with you muolke i was just stating MY OPINION and it is not gonna change.
It's not a word war. It's you just trying to interject your pettiness. That's all.

We have 4-5 auctions per year, even if something is sold EVERY auction it's still a rare item. Virtually every player considers a Titan Hammer a rare item and that spawns once a month plus most auctions.

Several people have already found my post useful and have taken me up on my offer, and i'm sure more will. If you have no interest in it then stop trying to draw attention to yourself.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:44 pm
A licensed Florida pawnbroker carefully following the lawful process including all the forms may charge a maximum including all interest and service fees of 25% or $5 per 30 days, whichever is more.

For everyone else (including unlicensed pawn brokers) it's a felony to go over 45% per year, around 3.7% per 30 days.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 7.071.html
any person making an extension of credit to any person, who shall willfully and knowingly charge, take, or receive interest thereon at a rate exceeding 45 percent per annum or the equivalent rate for a longer or shorter period of time, whether directly or indirectly or conspire so to do, commits a felony of the third degree
Which is exactly what I said. 25% per month...
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:51 pm
Which is exactly what I said. 25% per month...
You're not a lawfully licensed pawn broker following the lawful procedures that would make 25% something other than a felony so I guess it's good that you're not dealing in real money either. :P
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Just FYI: Several players have already asked about pawning a relayered item. The problem is that when you transfer a relayered item it binds to account for 120 days so it's not possible for you to pawn a relayered item.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

When I saw this post, I was mad because I did not think of it. While I don't have remotely near the wealth that this other dude does, I think it is creative. Even if it was not, no one is being forced to engage in 'pawning'. Sometimes I catch myself disliking an idea simply because of who came up with it rather than the creativity and potential benefit.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

alejandro had this idea in 2013 and i didnt like it then either although ive always liked and trusted him. search forums for "UOEX Player Bank Announcement" if you want to see how his pawn shop worked.
id like to state one more time i dont have a problem with a pawn shop or the advertising of it on forums so much as i have a problem with that last line in original post that fabricates some urgency about not losing out on the wonderful opportunity to get those RARES that may never come again. its a well known tactic of preying on peoples fear of missing out and it sucks.

-karen (kyles mom)
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

culichi wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:51 am
alejandro had this idea in 2013 and i didnt like it then either although ive always liked and trusted him. search forums for "UOEX Player Bank Announcement" if you want to see how his pawn shop worked.
id like to state one more time i dont have a problem with a pawn shop or the advertising of it on forums so much as i have a problem with that last line in original post that fabricates some urgency about not losing out on the wonderful opportunity to get those RARES that may never come again. its a well known tactic of preying on peoples fear of missing out and it sucks.
My bad for not researching the forum before posting. I trust you are right about someone else already had the idea. I also don't mean to accuse anyone of anything but was trying to share my own experience in how I sometimes have biases.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

no zanzi its my bad i posted pretty late when i was tired plus id been annoyed all day by the original post. im sorry i didnt word my post better or better yet im sorry i ever posted on this threa d at all hehe. i hope we are good.