For Sale: Best weapon that exists on UOEX

Buying, selling, searching for, looking for help with...
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

For Sale: Best weapon that exists on UOEX

Post by Muolke »

Available for sale is a weapon that will make all your wildest dreams come true.

Name: The Cry of Horrid Dreams

Base: Ancient Composite Bow = 250 mil (last auction it sold for 350 mil)
10 Level deeds: 60 mil
Item Bless deed: 3 mil
Self Repair 5 deed: 3 mil
Use best skill deed: 3 mil
Spell Channeling deed: 6 mil
Weapon type change deed: 12 mil
1-Handed deed: 30 mil
400 luck: 24 mil
Reduced Ammo deed: 99 mil
+20 extra spending points deed: 190 mil
Weapon Specials change deed: 210 mil
Item rename deed: 3 mil

Total cost = 893 million gold

For sale at cost - 893 million gold or ED equivalent (14,880ED)

Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: For Sale: Best weapon that exists on UOEX

Post by Wil »

I confess, I'll be fascinated to learn if anyone's willing to part with $1700 for a UOEX weapon. Anyone else I mean.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Ill offer 1400 eds... 1500 if you write up a good back story for why it fell into my old hands.... #bump
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I probably would have try to buy this had I not bought my weapon and spend so much on it a couple weeks ago. I am sure if you want to buy it badly he will sell to for 892M....or less
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Good luck! Hopefully someone will see the value in this.

Unfortunately, I don't. I see 505mil worth of stuff I wouldn't have done to it.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Xavian wrote:Good luck! Hopefully someone will see the value in this.

Ok, i'll bite.

What is the stuff you wouldn't have done to it and why?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:What is the stuff you wouldn't have done to it and why?
I'd guess he's talking about this set:

Everyone using this weapon will have 130 in all combat skills, so what does the best skill deed accomplish?

If you macroed shooting arrows 24/7, it would take more than three years to shoot the 66 million arrows needed to break even on 99 million gold. With normal play... you'll basically never break even.

The 20 extra spending points accomplished very little for 190 mil. You increased 3 hits from 56 to 58.

210 mil is a lot of money to put on making it a whirlwind bow compared to just switching to a whirlwind weapon when the fight becomes melee.

And 3 mil for someone else's choice of name for a weapon, well, it'd have to be a much cooler name.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Muolke wrote:What is the stuff you wouldn't have done to it and why?
I'd guess he's talking about this set:

Everyone using this weapon will have 130 in all combat skills, so what does the best skill deed accomplish?

If you macroed shooting arrows 24/7, it would take more than three years to shoot the 66 million arrows needed to break even on 99 million gold. With normal play... you'll basically never break even.

The 20 extra spending points accomplished very little for 190 mil. You increased 3 hits from 56 to 58.

210 mil is a lot of money to put on making it a whirlwind bow compared to just switching to a whirlwind weapon when the fight becomes melee.

And 3 mil for someone else's choice of name for a weapon, well, it'd have to be a much cooler name.
1. While every fighting skill is at 130, there are some areas where being on a mount is prohibited such as Fel Wrong where "Use Best Weapon Skill" comes in quite handy since in Angel Form your Macefighting skill is increased quite a bit. Having this applied increases your damage substantially.

2. Reduced ammo deed is more of an "aesthetic" deed, but one cannot predict future arrow prices. Having said that, it eliminates the need for normal arrows but also reduces the use of special arrows by 50% which are much more expensive than normal arrows.

3. +20 spending point deed increases the number of spending points from 545 to 565. Yes, quite expensive for an extra 20 points but only 2 other items on this server have this many spending points. Being able to raise 3 of the direct hit spells to 60% from 58% increases DPS.

4. Weapon specials deed isn't done primarily for whirlwind. Obviously having a bow with WW makes it quite unique and versatile but the primary purpose was to be able to type change the bow to an elven composite bow which has the highest base damage in the game. Even higher than a dreadnought sword. Therefore giving a damage boost over a Yumi.

5. The item rename deed is obviously about preference but when you have something so unique you certainly shouldn't leave the name the way it is. Obviously this was meant as a "dig" but it's all good...jealousy is easy to spot from miles away.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Use best weapon skill is very worthwhile to add to a forever weapon because of the angel form mace skill bump. (for pretty much everyone)

Arrow deed is significantly overpriced for what it does so, It's quite clear it is the aesthetic value that drives up the price, still very convenient to have on a bow.

the weapon special change deed is def the best thing about the weapon because it allowed the change to a significantly better base weapon while still having double shot and ww. I will someday buy one myself

sour grapes about someone else's pet project is unbecoming particularly when it shows one's own ignorance on the reasons for something.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:1. While every fighting skill is at 130, there are some areas where being on a mount is prohibited such as Fel Wrong where "Use Best Weapon Skill" comes in quite handy since in Angel Form your Macefighting skill is increased quite a bit. Having this applied increases your damage substantially.

4. Weapon specials deed isn't done primarily for whirlwind. Obviously having a bow with WW makes it quite unique and versatile but the primary purpose was to be able to type change the bow to an elven composite bow which has the highest base damage in the game. Even higher than a dreadnought sword. Therefore giving a damage boost over a Yumi.
Good points. I would have included that in the for-sale listing; they don't exactly jump out at the reader.

There's only so many ways a combination of your numbers add up to 505, so I'm curious what Xavian's list is.

Muolke wrote:5. The item rename deed is obviously about preference but when you have something so unique you certainly shouldn't leave the name the way it is. Obviously this was meant as a "dig" but it's all good...jealousy is easy to spot from miles away.
No, it's just an observation that 3 mil for the name is unlikely to have 3 mil of value to a potential buyer. You did ask what stuff another player wouldn't have done to it and why.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:4. Weapon specials deed isn't done primarily for whirlwind. Obviously having a bow with WW makes it quite unique and versatile but the primary purpose was to be able to type change the bow to an elven composite bow which has the highest base damage in the game. Even higher than a dreadnought sword. Therefore giving a damage boost over a Yumi.
I'm missing something here. How did it get whirlwind and double shot? The Elven Composite Longbow has Force Arrow and Serpent Arrow. Or does change weapon specials allow you to pick from a list?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Muolke wrote:Available for sale is a weapon that will make all your wildest dreams come true.

Name: The Cry of Horrid Dreams
Am I missing some sort of pun here?

I'd need to rename it if I bought it, so U subtract that cost... :lool:
Wil wrote:I'm missing something here. How did it get whirlwind and double shot? The Elven Composite Longbow has Force Arrow and Serpent Arrow. Or does change weapon specials allow you to pick from a list?
Exactly. Pick it from a list. Muolke's used the deed perfectly (IMO as a self professed weapon afficionado).

It is expensive to type change to elven comp longbow, then change the specials, but that way your double shots come out at max damage available in the game (on a ranged weapon). WW is unique and versatile as stated, even if not as efficient as an all in WW weapon. This is also the reason the dreadnought longsword is so valuable, although U make them in different ways. With the D sword U choose the specials U want by type changing your chosen weapon to that base weapon with the specials U want, eg double axe to get DStrike and WW. Then U type change again to the dread sword for the higher base DMG. In both cases we are talking tiny numbers but once you're all relayers, many houses etc, what else is there to work on? It's all about maximising damage output and its what a lot of the top end hunters on the server focus on.

In all honesty all of the chosen deeds improve this weapon, even if some are pretty niche and/or for aesthetics. The points are spent well. It's the best base weapon currently available. Its just $&*#-" expensive... I'd buy it if I could afford it.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Muolke wrote:
Xavian wrote:Good luck! Hopefully someone will see the value in this.

Ok, i'll bite.

What is the stuff you wouldn't have done to it and why?
Wil hit the list and you've already addressed it. I still wouldn't have applied these deeds:

But, as I said, I wish you luck in selling it. Hopefully someone will see the value and purchase!
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I think if you break it down, there will always be something that cost too much. But I think we all do it to some extent in this game for the sake of uniqueness/best item. It is an awesome weapon but the obstacle to selling probably has more to do with who has this kind of gold to spend versus how awesome the bow is.
lamers
Apprentice Scribe

Post by lamers »

I would trade my whole suit of 11 relayers and 3 GoC for this one *_*