Play ran (new-mid level) platinum Element slaying event 7EST

Buying, selling, searching for, looking for help with...
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Play ran (new-mid level) platinum Element slaying event 7EST

Post by Nick »

I will be hosting a Platinum Element, Killing event at 7 EST looking for 1-5 new to mid-level players who would like to party up and go kill some Platinum Elements as a group in order learn how it goes, explore the world some, make some new friends and Entertain myself. Meet at the boat bar/campfire South/eastish of Brit bank. I miss the part of UO where you had to team up to go do epic things instead of hitting CRT+2 and nursing your coffee.

If you do not have 120+ mining I will mine to spawn elements. (you can try lower but you will fail miserably)
I will supply the gargoyle pickax as needed.
I will gate us from point to point.
I will res you and your (bonded) pet when you die.
Feel free to mark runes as we go but, don't take to long (if it's bogging the group down ill just open the gate to next and hope you make it through)
If we actually get a few ppl to come along please limit pets to no more then 2 per. If there is only one or two of you and you are trying to get to where you can do it on your own a full mule pack will be fine.
If you want me to Smelt the or for you, I will just remind me at the end if, you try it bellow like 145 mining you will prob lose half of it or more.
Loot rules will either be:
party members go in a circle each looting one and keeping the runic tool and ore from their turns kills (most preferred) (as long as we have a manageable number of ppl and you have a bag of sending or packy to stash the ore in as its heavy)
Or I will loot everything and split it up with the party at the end because I found getting everyone to take turns exhausting. (least preferred)
:dance
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Re: Play ran (new-mid level) platinum Element slaying event 7EST

Post by Nick »

The feeling when no one shows up to your event and you just sit by the fire thinking of the day's people would band together to fight dragons and maybe even an Ancheint Wyrm.
Attachments
So Lonely... no one wanted to play with me even for free runic tools.
So Lonely... no one wanted to play with me even for free runic tools.
All all alone....png (353.7 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

If I would of known about it, I would of been there!
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Thanks deadwerd, it turned into a good time when someone PMed me after I burned through about 400 gargoyle pick-ax uses n my own and we played together a little and tried to come up with a strat that would let them do it solo (he was a lower midlevel player I'd say)

For the public record mirror image does work to avoid a lot of the 1 shot on Spawn hits, a platinum element does over 700 dmg to a mirror image but, I successfully had 1 kill three images before hitting me (I didn't move at all)
Pawpy
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Pawpy »

Hi Nick, I am a newly returning player and I would love to go on one of these events. How often do you host these?

Thanks!
-Pawpy
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I'm trying to do 1-2 things a week but, it is hard for me to say for sure because of my work so sadly, most of the time its fairly short notice. Putting my house on the Market (IRL) this week so its a bit busy. Friday night or Saturday is probably the first time I'll have the chance. :dance
Pawpy
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Pawpy »

Got it. I hope all goes well with placing your house on the market. I will be pretty busy this Friday and Sat night. Do you get on during Sat day?
Sindall
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Sindall »

I wanted to say sorry that the first event didn't go so well. I would have liked to go to it. Having said that, what would you think about something like "Newbie Tuesdays", where the idea is there's a different adventure for low-mid level players along this same theme of getting to know some of the stuff about the shard. Maybe some GoC, elementals, champs are always a thing, peerless, t-maps, etc.

I think something consistent would probably work out better for most people, as long as it's a re-occurring thing. Let me know, I can usually make myself available for a few nights a week, sometimes more ;)