Chat restrictions 3

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Should trade (wtb/wts) be allowed in world chat?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:16 pm

yes, it should always be allowed in world chat
31%
yes, but only until we get the trade channel
64%
no, it should never be allowed in world chat
3%
other (please explain in the comments)
2%

Total votes: 58

+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Chat restrictions 3

Post by +Requiem »

This 3rd poll is to determine what you all feel about including trade (wtb/wts) on world chat at all. There is a trade channel coming sometime in the future, this will only affect things in the meantime, if we decide to use it. If you have an opinion, you are free to express yourself as long as you can do so politely, with respect for your fellow players, and with no flaming.

This is just to get an idea of what you all feel and may or may not be implemented now or in the future.
If the rules do actually change, there will be an announcement, and Excelsior Daily posting about it.
Godsmith
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Chat restrictions 3

Post by Godsmith »

Add Trade and have the option to turn off world chat / Trade chat....

If spam rules are to be implemented i would have to go with every 15 mins... not 60, alot of players come and go in 60 mins....
Willy Fogg
Novice Scribe

Post by Willy Fogg »

This is my opinon on the whole issue:

- Ads are OK as they are. Every 60 min. I would leave it as is even when the trade channel is online. Sometimes you might want something even if you are not actively searching for it.

- Champs Spawns should not be included in this. I consider them to be a PSA. Limit it to one call per champ.
Deacon
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Deacon »

Yes I am the only one who put other......don't have an excuse for it other than I had a mild lapse in thought. Meant to put Yes, but only until we get the trade channel. Love playing here by the way, you have all done a great job
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I put this in the other 2 posts as well, that some people seem to forget about, or not know about portal.uoex.net. It has all the chat logs you'd ever want from world chat. Before you log in, or when you get back to your computer, open your web browser and point it to portal.uoex.net and take a look at the last 10-15 lines of chat. That will catch you up pretty quick on the goings on.
Viola
Adept Scribe

Post by Viola »

I think there are enough restrictions on World Chat to make a trade channel wholly unnecessary. If people are time restricted on advertising stores, wtb/wts, and guild recruitment, that is enough to cut down on the spam.

It's a small server with a moderate population. Sub-dividing it further into a trade channel which means even fewer people would see anything being announced is unhelpful to the general population.

Are people really complaining about the world chat channel that much?
paulus
Elder Scribe

Post by paulus »

[quote]

Are people really complaining about the world chat channel that much? [/quote]

Alot of people whinge about chat constantly.... they have there Knickers in a twist.

Ive never been on a server in which have whinged so much about world chat.. in world chat >_<

Tho I think its the same 3-4 players who constantly whinge about it...