Vendor buying restrictions

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

What should be done with the player-vendor restrictions

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Keep restrictions as they are now
26%
Remove all restrictions
28%
Ban possible, but no ability to see who bought what
46%

Total votes: 54

Rune
Elder Scribe

Re: Vendor buying restrictions

Post by Rune »

this is getting really old cant you guys just settle and agree on a price like BETA and stop behavin like brats .

* curse mumbles something you cant really hear*
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

delete your departed uncle's account. not your dad's, nor yours, nor your living uncle.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

stop dragging me into this god man..

as for multiple days of "wiping you out on runebooks" completly and totally false.. the day you banned me was the only day I have purchased runebooks from you ever.. (or your uncle or cousin or whoever) and the reason you got the messages back from me you did, was a very constant stream of pm's from you that progressively ticked me off.. if you were to go back to that day there is plenty of documentation on the portal on how banning me stopped people cleaning out your kegs.. now you want to say it was due to runebooks.. the only person changing history to suit you.. is you.. I bought runebooks for a rune library and you banned me. monkeying with language and changing facts to suit your sob story of the day doesn't change the fact that I was doing nothing malicious I just got progressively aggrevated by your arrogant assumptions and questioning of my character.. at the end of the day its still that that aggrevates me, after a month you keep putting my name into this friggin stupid debate.. enough already didn't care then and I don't now.. the only reason I posted on this topic is I care about how the vendor script operates.. I am just tired of getting my name thrown about like I am out to get you.. I bought runebooks for a rune library and your paranoia filled in the blanks.. as for me not accepting your runebook donations, you already offended me, I took your tone as condescending, and I have far too much in this game to be accepting handouts no matter the circumstances..
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

It's because he is 4 times better than us Yoda, because he has 4 accounts and not 1.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

[quote="Dramoor"]17.10. 00:12 smash: 4 counting my uncle[/quote]

you have a point there
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

The 3 key is right next to the 4 key, but so is the 5 key and we haven't seen him/them/whatever hit it yet
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

nice pic anarchy
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I might be replying late but in my opinion it would be good to see if someone buys stuff from your vendor that you know to update it.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Jim,

[quote]
"Couple of examples yoda said he was banned for me thinking was kegs. when he knows he bought out runebook vendor every day. he was banned while buying it out again."
[/quote]

What does it matter? re-stock. You want to run a vendor, you should expect it to sell out. If it sells out too much, RAISE YOUR PRICES and it won't sell out as much. Doesn't have to be drastic, just a couple hundred gold at a time, until you don't sell out immediately. If you put something on your vendor that is underpriced, you should EXPECT IT TO SELL OUT. I'm curious, why you don't have kegs at the same price in town center or other vendors? Is it because you don't want people to get a good deal on those vendors, or because you can't ban people from there? Maybe all your vendors should have consistent pricing.

[quote]
ok last time i will explain this the number 3 and 4 are right next to each other on keyboard. look up from e key. it was a typo sorry you dont understand that.
[/quote]

It wasn't a typo. It was a death in the family. You told me you had 4 people with 4 accounts, and one died, and the other took over the others account with permission, so now there's 3 accounts. So, what are you talking about, a typo?

[quote]

[b]so yeah me and a guy that does nothing are the same guy. [/b]he doesnt make any gold doesnt build me anything yet i am gaining off of him? he used to do all champ spawns now pretty much other then yesterday he stocked vendor twice he does not do much. JUST curious nyx in last 3 months how many hours has he been logged on, what did he do to gain money? yesterday he cleaned money off my vendors. that is it. so how again am i having any benefit with that character

[/quote]

For one, you gain 2 house slots per extra account. That's quite a bit of extra storage at LEAST. You would also gain an extra FIVE characters, maybe SIX, that could grab bods for instance. Every 2 hours at 120 skill... That's a pretty huge advantage to anyone who took the time to do it don't you think? What else... oh, if one account happened to be jailed for one reason or another, the other could restock kegs and such for you... Yeah, you don't gain anything at ALL.

edit: before this gets edited: [img]http://i.imgur.com/L3uWd.jpg[/img]

edit 2:

[quote]

this is nuts anyway 1 time we were both kegging nyx came in(while we had 2 puters) talked to both of us at same time. when 3 were here we all did events together.

[/quote]

All this proves, is that at some point in time, you had 2 people playing at the same time. That person could have been a friend doing you a favor by helping you get around the 1 account issue. If i really wanted to, I could think of at least one way to 'cheat the system' to get a 2nd account, if i really wanted it. It could be just a matter of coincidence that since that one time, in a galaxy far far away a GM saw 2 accounts from the same ip with 2 people at the same time, and since then, the other computer is gone.

It could happen, so I won't say you're lying about it... but it is very convenient for you that it did.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

[quote="alchjim"]
this is nuts anyway 1 time we were both kegging nyx came in(while we had 2 puters) talked to both of us at same time. when 3 were here we all did events together. [/quote]

So you had 2 computers but 3 people would do events from there at the same time? Must have been another typo
zeukaul
Journeyman Scribe

Post by zeukaul »

Good lord people. I don't know how this post got into a bash fest, but Id like to see it end. Take it to PMs or make a new topic, fight and bicker in there. That isnt what this topic was about.

Anyway, If you don't like someone, don't bother with them. I know I don't waste my time arguing with people I don't like and I sure as heck would never shop at their vendors. If I got banned for a reason I deemed stupid, I would either move on or raise the skills in order to get what I wanted.
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

all they know how do do.
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

it appears to be all you know how to do aside from being a jerk as well. just my two cents. end thread/
Shotta
Legendary Scribe

Post by Shotta »

Holy crap !! This whole thread is ridiculous.

I am betting that it would not have gotten to such a flame if people weren't allowed to call others out by name without retribution -.-

Wasn't there a rule someplace about that?

Just saying...