Vendor buying restrictions

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

What should be done with the player-vendor restrictions

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Keep restrictions as they are now
26%
Remove all restrictions
28%
Ban possible, but no ability to see who bought what
46%

Total votes: 54

Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Re: Vendor buying restrictions

Post by Dramoor »

That just proved right there that ALchemy jim is on the "smash" account? I think it just did. SO much for your whole story bro
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Good God guys, this has really gotten out of hand.
Jecks
Elder Scribe

Post by Jecks »

The plot thickens.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ironbender
Elder Scribe

Post by Ironbender »

I got a PM from a friend in game today about one of the things I had said here about Vendor Houses. And I tried to talk to him via PMs but due to my internet dropping every couple minutes for unknown reasons, the conversation was difficult. So I just want to rephrase my opinion about the Banning issue with Vendor Malls. First and foremost, I couldn't care less if the ban restrictions were changed, or remain the same. I have no intention of banning anyone from shopping at my vendors for any reason. Buy me out, try to re-sell the items for more, or trash the items for tokens, I don't care. I already got the money I expected to get when you bought it. Do with it what you will, and happy trails! The Vendor Shops in this game are simular to a Mall. Someone owns the mall, and varies other people own/rent shops wihin that mall. I had said earlier that I didn't like the fact that someone could ban someone from the 'mall' and therefor take away a potential customer of mine, and I still feel that way. I don't like it... but it DOES make sense, and I feel that it should remain a possibility in the game. It's your mall, run it however you see fit. If the shop owners have a problem with it they have the option to move their shop to another location. But I also think that each Shop within that Mall should have the power to ban a customer from shopping at their shop. Without it effecting that shoppers ability to shop at the other store within the same mall. The Mall owner can stop people from coming into their mall, and I should be able to stop people from buying from my shop. The only real change I would like to see is a SALES lists. What sold and When. (NOT WHO) That information would be valuale in helping me restock the correct amount of items each day. And if that information would build until Cleared (Have like a CLEAR button on the menu) then I could still check the list daily, know what sold, and therefor restock the right items. But also be able to let the data build for awhile to see how many of that item I see per week or per month. Therefore giving me a better understanding of how many to keep in stock.T
luxe
Master Scribe

Post by luxe »

[quote="alchjim"]i still think peole that were banned from my shop should have there vote ignored.[/quote]

Just like you thought you should get all these restrictions added just for you, even though the rest of the shard didn't want them and is now voting them off. In a wall-of-text post filled with stupidity, this line was the stupidest. "People who disagree with me shouldn't be allowed to vote!" :eyeroll:

By the way, when I was a newbie and was trying to buy kegs to get bees going, I bought 2 of each keg and you banned me without a word. You didn't PM me to explain, there were NO books on the vendor explaining your arbitrary rules, and I didn't buy a huge number. This was years ago, ages before this nonsense with kegs this month, and you were acting like a jerk then. So my vote shouldn't count because you're paranoid and need to feed your ego by banning folks who buy from you? Lol.
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

i see nothing wrong with last line. i use that to 1 player only does fit another also. again love this thread of mostly banned players because they do not like rules of my shop. it is revisionist to say i was banned for kegs when you know you were banned for runebooks. it is revisionist for other player not to admit when my prices hit 2800 previously it was due to competition like now. also dramoor do you want to deny i offered to settle for 3750 and you refused. if you do that is revisionist like usual.

Again we had 3 accounts Smash died with gm permission dad let razor account go, originally it was smash Razor and Alchemy jim. Gandalf lives in another state. i am in ohio but moving in with uncle next month. so from his house will still be 3 accounts. only 2 computers. This was also checked with gm's since i could not log on today dad was just getting his hours to keep account. until he can play more. his goal is keep account until i buy his houses. he does not think that he will be able to play much so rather then lose house. i will take over. then if account ultimately goes away and he starts another will give them back

That is last i will say about that nonsense.

i do not belive in conspiracy theories but when a player i respected told me that i tend to believe him,

also it is unique the price police all answered my message. take a bow guys. and let people charge what they want. not what you think it should be
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

You offered an unacceptable offer, You went to the players with pms, before we evne discussed actual pricing. You brought this on yourself, Then called it "threats, and torture" not to mention, That I didn't even decided or think about making or selling kegs, until you tried blacklisting my name, and even on your "dads" vendor. Lets also rewind to your first day response "I don't care If someone sells my price, I lower, I can lower all the way to 500 gold if I have to but I will have the lowest prices." Do not say one thing, when your actions and statements outside the public eye state a different thing.

[quote]17.10. 00:12 smash: 4 counting my uncle[/quote]
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

I lol'd.

People's votes shouldn't count if they disagree with you, or if you banned them?

[sarcasm]
Lets take a vote on giving me 29 titans hammers, all level 100, no points spent. If you disagree with me getting them, your vote doesn't count! I vote yes for me receiving them.

Thanks guys! I'll expect those delivered to my bank no later than Saturday October 20th 2:45 pm, coincidentally, the same time this poll ends if i actually win.

[/sarcasm]
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

[quote="luxe"][quote="alchjim"]i still think peole that were banned from my shop should have there vote ignored.[/quote]

Just like you thought you should get all these restrictions added just for you, even though the rest of the shard didn't want them and is now voting them off. In a wall-of-text post filled with stupidity, this line was the stupidest. "People who disagree with me shouldn't be allowed to vote!" :eyeroll:

By the way, when I was a newbie and was trying to buy kegs to get bees going, I bought 2 of each keg and you banned me without a word. You didn't PM me to explain, there were NO books on the vendor explaining your arbitrary rules, and I didn't buy a huge number. This was years ago, ages before this nonsense with kegs this month, and you were acting like a jerk then. So my vote shouldn't count because you're paranoid and need to feed your ego by banning folks who buy from you? Lol.[/quote]

at that time i had a book on side that told what i banned people for. i have always been a target for resellers. i did not use to have limits. vendor raiding after argument has brought limits. to anyone that wants to goto shop and look at book on floor it explains what i think. kegs are not stocked and wont be until i can log on. why you were banned i have no idea. Also i was not only shop being raided so doubt it was just for me. By and large people that do not want this just want to start raiding again.
The funny thing not going to do vendors much after new year i would say febuary but i will quit on my time not yours{ this comment was for price police and not you luxe]

Dramoor i am sure 3750 is a horrible price when you were offering 4000. yeah that 250 was just horrible. notice only 2 players sell kegs now. i guess you got your wish. by the way did you give vlad grief he was selling 2500 doubt it

i am done with this thread I have said what i meant to now it is over.
luxe
Master Scribe

Post by luxe »

[quote="alchjimwhy you were banned i have no idea.[/quote]

Well, dude, YOU were the one who banned me. You were standing there, the only other person in the shop. Guess you should lay off with that ban button, if you can't even remember why you've banned half the shard by now, eh?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I think there was alot less raiding and more people seeing a bargain and stocking up.. just sayin 999gp kegs? 850gp kegs makes it attractive to get 6 months worth of bee or plant supplies wouldn't you say?
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

notice before this started, two players were also selling, before i even started, priced at 4k, which eventually did what the rest of the new players do, get rid of em all without selling, and either a leave the shard cuz of wasted time for not even a new players profit, or got snippy responses from u telling them "If u match me ill lower". Also i started at 4500 per keg, which for a new player *since this is supposed to be a non afk think to craft* you said 3750, You obviously didn't want to meet in the middle which u told everyone you did, Middle woulda been HIGHER then my last "u should put to this" The difference is, Up until a week or two ago of me getting sick of u putting books in your vendors with my name in them, which u have done twice on two diff vendors, pming people that buy from your shop, giving them the run around with a sad fake story about how I attacked you on this and that, Portal is there, we can find the day this started when you JUMPED in a conversation on pricing. Or how you email colibri until he writes you 5 scripts, then pm me gloating that colibri wrote u scripts so "good luck" . Yet through all of that. I seemed to have kept my for the most part composure. I don't put books in my vendors about you, I don't and Have not put mass pms to everyone i see online about you. I do not email colibri 30 times a day demanding he makes changes for me with whatever fake threat u probably used on him to get it to work. And Check it, I only have one account. Not 2. And Do not ever try to lie and say you have only 1, Because you just slipped up in WORLD CHAT about it. Ty
Namorah
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Namorah »

[quote="Cornbread"]17.10. 00:12 smash: 4 counting my uncle

Uhhh???[/quote]

I hate to backtrack slightly in this topic but that presents an issue to me.
(forgive the bluntness)
Smash died, according to Alchemy Jim. Why is his account still in use if the person who owns the account is no longer able to play it ? Multi-accounting is not allowed per the Codex:

(Quote)
1. Accounting:
a. One account per person, multiple allowed per IP (for multiple people in a household).
b. Having more than one account per person is forbidden.
c. Passing items from one of your characters to another is allowed.
d. Use of another person's account is forbidden.
(End Quote)

If those are the rules, and Alchemy Jim is playing Smash's account, then rules 1a, 1b, and 1d are being broken.
My wife and I both play on this shard, yet you will never see me on her account or vice versa. Is this rule being rescinded in some shape?

Can I get some clarification on this please?
Last edited by Namorah on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

my wife also plays on this shard and Id never dare play on her character beyond the shard rules she would murder me while I sleep for being greedy
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

oh well new last thing i have not been on game today. wont even try til i recieve email telling me what my password is and what part namorah did you not get about colibri letting dad keep smash account and let the account of razor go. 2 people 2 accounts. again in case you missed last time WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE OWNER OF SHARD GRANTED HIM PERMISSION did you not understand. Other when dad moved some kegs for me today and showing someone something game has been shrunk. you do that by hitting that dash at top. game stays logged in and then you can do other stuff. so sure no one is trying to get me banned? by the way as i type this one of his characters are logged on he is standing in place. this is not me playing his account this is me using the computer he is logged onto. so i am breaking no rules and neither is he. Guys we are down to 1 computer. it is not like i have another to use. Dad is primarily looking for work. that is why he doesnt play much anymore. he logged today because i can't, also to send help request that they fixed wrong password. so he needs 8 hours to keep game active and more over several months he is doing no more then litoria does to keep there account active.Saturday she was sitting on bench in brit doing nothing. dad is doing equal.

today all i have done was play madden on xbox360 only time browns will ever win superbowl