Vendor buying restrictions

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

What should be done with the player-vendor restrictions

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Keep restrictions as they are now
26%
Remove all restrictions
28%
Ban possible, but no ability to see who bought what
46%

Total votes: 54

Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Re: Vendor buying restrictions

Post by Devlin »

No. Naughty. All of you are in time out.

I again to refer to my post, as well as a few others, in supporting the second choice, namely for the fact that a mall owner banning people hurts the people who rent vendors in the mall.

Aside from that, a lot of the problems we see in the market at the moment are because of petty quarrels. These petty quarrels are what drive the bans in the first place. The solution to this dilemma of vendor management, as well as the market problems and even the long-term prosperity of the server itself is based on people growing the hell up.

No answer to these problems will ever be 100% right, nor will everybody agree on it unanimously. But if we all simply devolve into slinging our own feces at own another, we'll never get anywhere.
Last edited by Devlin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

You were logged in as smash, Now you are trying to backtrack, Its ok, you are already busted. Too late now.
Namorah
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Namorah »

Whoa!

I wasn't directing that at *you* Jim, i was asking for clarification. However since you took it upon yourself to answer, are you stay that you have never logged in as smashed or played the account, and your father has never logged in as Alchemy Jim or played the account ?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

So tell me, jim, earlier when you had JUST posted an extremely long post here on the forums, and I received a page from smash's account about the other account's password needing to be reset, you are saying that you were not using that account at that time?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

[quote="Devlin"]No answer to these problems will ever be 100% right, nor will everybody agree on it unanimously. But if we all simply devolve into slinging our own feces at own another, we'll never get anywhere.[/quote]

not often do I see eye to eye with devlin, but when I do.. I LOL at his clever use of the english language indeed...
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

they were not done at same time nyx when dad recieved message from colibri he was standing still in front of my shop. when he paged at my request i was not on there. he was replying to a message he recieved from colibri he had just brought game up and emptied mules and shrunk them then he paged to let know i had a new email. then he shrunk game like it is shrunk now. at that time i came over registered with new email that took several minutes. then it took a bunch more to figure out what i wanted to say. So the first page he made that i think you are referring to was at least 10 to 15 minutes off. again game is shrunk down it is not taking up screen.
Asphyxium
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Asphyxium »

Now I support a balanced solution that favors both sides' rights, but where do you guys get the idea that the "free market" is a consumer-based market?

There is no such thing.

"We reserve the right to deny service to anyone".

<Rest of message redacted by me>
Last edited by Asphyxium on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

Idiot, That was idiotic, and you are obviously biased from a pm, or a fake player Who made a new account and forum account to talk smack either way. Read up . I never bought his kegs. craft my own, Just cuz his price is low, doesnt mean its my fault, I have 999 priced kegs as well, which JIM DOES NOT HAVE TO MATCH, I have over 1000 filled kegs, I put up what i want to sell for the day. Yet I am the jerk? You my friend just made me call someone an idiot. *points to you*

Maybe next time you should get facts "straight" before you say something to me about it.
Last edited by Dramoor on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asphyxium
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Asphyxium »

The impression I got from your words was that you were trying to basically be mean to me due to a difference of opinion. I am not going to review your messages to redetermine and am going to take your word for it.

I apologize if I misconstrued your intentions.

On this matter we agree to disagree and I harbor no ill will against anyone.

Let's get along, regardless as to how this issue ends up.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No, jim, I'm talking about the page this evening where you requested it be changed to a specific password - from smash's account. I was not even logged on today until this evening (so couldn't have seen pages from earlier in the day that Colibri handled for you), and I can tell time just fine; so please do not insult my intelligence.

Personally, I am sick of the whole keg issue. I'm sick of the whining "poor me" pages, I'm sick of seeing it in world chat and on the forums. I'm really happy Coli has decided to put the issue to a vote, and for those interested I voted option 3 - basically put it back the way it was. However if there was an option to show the owner when and what item was purchased, but did -not- show the name of the purchaser, I would support that. I do agree with whomever said earlier that it can be helpful and nice to know when something has sold. I just feel that it brings up too many opportunities for silly drama to have it announce who purchased.

As for the rest of you, knock it off. I'm grumpy enough today, I don't need more reasons to be. -.-

Hopefully at the end of this poll the keg issue can die a quiet death. :nod:
Rune
Elder Scribe

Post by Rune »

this has gotten way out of controll and off the topic,Coli made a poll for us (thanks Coli)and its turned into a flame fest
calm yourselfes or take it to pms
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

If a person pms you and tells you That i am buying their kegs, If I am banned, I cannot. Therefore, what they told you, is a lie. Second I sell kegs, Have a backstock of over 1000 filled potion kegs. I fill kegs most days. So the information you are gathering and explaining are incorrect. Do not jump down my throat as you have twice, because you are jumping down the wrong persons throat. :)
Mikey
Master Scribe

Post by Mikey »

Temporarily disable bees. Problem solved.
Larsa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Larsa »

[quote="Mikey"]Temporarily disable bees. Problem solved.[/quote]
I definitely wouldn't want to be next to you if you made this comment in person. You just not only added more fuel to the fire but you also managed to "upset" all the players that make their living out of the bees. :)

I still believe that this is a unnecessary issue, instead of giving +C more time to do the important stuff we are asking him to re invent the wheel. At the end it's going to be the same outcome 1. Someone will stop selling kegs 2. Someone will stop selling kegs and quit 3. Someone is going to start selling other stuff and start another drama.

Seriously, it is time to grow up and move on. And believe it or not... this is just a GAME!!!
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

true words larsa..

here is what I take away from the situation

from the results of the poll 3/4 of the people who voted want all restrictions gone, or returned to the previous setup

but I think of that 3/4 most would also be happy with
1. individualized vendor banning vs house sign banning
2. the when and what sold and not the who

I could be misreading that..