Vendor buying restrictions

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

What should be done with the player-vendor restrictions

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Keep restrictions as they are now
26%
Remove all restrictions
28%
Ban possible, but no ability to see who bought what
46%

Total votes: 54

Draconomicon
Legendary Scribe

Re: Vendor buying restrictions

Post by Draconomicon »

The Pole will speak for itself, will it not?

For many people this seems serious enough to break the game's boundaries and land in the "real life" yard, that's hardcore.

But I voted (once) and hope that it's enough to matter and help with the goal of this thread.
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

17.10. 00:12 smash: 4 counting my uncle
All Mighty
Apprentice Scribe

Post by All Mighty »

to be honest i guess i can see both sides of this. as a mule type char it sucks to work on a bulk amount of items just to sell them on a vender and to have one person who could just as east send me a PM and talk about a bulk sale buy all the items vs leave the vender alone for ppl who only need one. but the fact is that if you sell the items cheap its on you if one person buys you out, dont cry the money is still what you wanted to get.
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

that was 4 before original smash died now dad me and uncle makes 3. and in answer to you nyx no i havent i wont and i wont say it again
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

[quote="alchjim"]that was 4 before original smash died now dad me and uncle makes 3. and in answer to you nyx no i havent i wont and i wont say it again[/quote]

You fail to make logic in your argument on this matter. The post is dated 17 October, which is yesterday. Your uncle was obviously dead before yesterday. Hence that statement should have read 3, not 4. Also you stated that your Dad had permission to keep/use the account and you denied using the account to +Nyx. However this statement leads to the contrary:

[quote="Dramoor"]17.10. 00:12 smash: 4 counting my uncle[/quote]

Was that your dad saying that there are 4 accounts including HIS uncle? That certainly looks like a statement you would make, as the accounts allegedly belong to you, your dad, living uncle and dead uncle. Why would either of the other two be making that statement?

[quote="alchjim"]... DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE OWNER OF SHARD GRANTED HIM PERMISSION[/quote]

Not you? I'm just saying, it appears you are aware of the rules and willfully disobeying them.

[quote="alchjim"]i do not belive in conspiracy theories but ... take a bow...[/quote]
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

SOLUTION:
make NPC players who sell kegs.
This forum post would die out quicker than {insert witty analogy here}
lil Bunny
Apprentice Scribe

Post by lil Bunny »

personally, seeing who bought what would be cool if it could not be used against you. i think banning someone cause they dont happen to see you talking to them is completely wrong, not to mention rude. I dont think its right that people take control of items and sell them really cheap, i think it hurts the value of an item and hurts the shard. if you put an item in your shop you do it to sell it. if it sells out to fast raise the price a little, that not only brings the prices back up to where they should be but also keeps people from taking monopoly over an item. then with that done there is such a thing as actually communicating with someone to talk about bulk order deals, which take place outside of a shop. and gets people communicating with each other. shops need to be competitive it keeps the value of money up.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

poll closes today looks like the majority wants the naming removed.. not surprised
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

Who cares if you can see who bought an item? whats the worst thing that could come out of that? Someone saying "thanks"?

How does nobody recognize the stupidity of allowing a mall owner to ban a player BASED ON PERSONAL ISSUES that then affects every vendor owner in the mall?

Whats that? You bothered me one day? I ban you from my house and from the 25 vendors that happen to be there.

That is power that no man should have.

One player should not get to refuse another in this manner. One player is then barred from a number of vendors, while the vendors all then lose a potential customer.

HOW DOES NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGE THIS?
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

Devlin you realize you can be banned from any establishment because the owner doesn't like you or you act inappropriately, right? If the owner is a moron and bans tons of people then all the vendors in the mall will leave since no one can buy there. Do you think when you go to a store the owner of the building has any clue what you buy or who is buying it? This method works quite well in real life and has worked just fine in UO for the last 15 years. This idea that you get a msg everytime someone buys something from you and then if they buy you out you can ban them is just stupid. What makes it even worse is it was enacted because one person whined and cried long enough to finally have something done personally for them.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

As a vendor, if you're afraid of having someone not be able to buy something from you there's options you utilize such as world chat, direct pm's, town center, makuto zento, or set up your own vendor house. If you don't like the way a house owner operates, you have the option to move.

I do understand the benefits of having no bans if any vendors exist however.
Namorah
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Namorah »

Looks like the poll ended with the majority of the people asking that the naming be removed.
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

ok last time i will explain this the number 3 and 4 are right next to each other on keyboard. look up from e key. it was a typo sorry you dont understand that. and as for nyx saying we posted at same time this is how it went. i started a post but before i finished i asked dad to page he came in i moved he logged onto game paged logged off and moved. I finished my post hit submit. i have never and will never play dads account the people that said i have are liars.

Couple of examples yoda said he was banned for me thinking was kegs. when he knows he bought out runebook vendor every day. he was banned while buying it out again. also he said that it was possibly people stocking up for a bargain. yet he was the one that told me it was a conspiracy to shut me down in a pm which was forwarded to colibri, he actually told me would have to ban half of shard in same pm. amazing how he forgets this.

other half do not need to mention name. tried to put me out of business had teams of players collecting his reageants came up to me and said he had 10 keyrings full. wanted to talk deal (explained elsewhere) he then went about trying to get me banned.
dad rarely plays anymore. so yeah me and a guy that does nothing are the same guy. he doesnt make any gold doesnt build me anything yet i am gaining off of him? he used to do all champ spawns now pretty much other then yesterday he stocked vendor twice he does not do much. JUST curious nyx in last 3 months how many hours has he been logged on, what did he do to gain money? yesterday he cleaned money off my vendors. that is it. so how again am i having any benefit with that character
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

a long time ago (2 years+) i was thinking about letting my brother have an account. me and +Colibri discussed this. he asked if i wanted another account. i told him flat out...no if he wants to play i'll let him use one of my other characters... do you know why i did this? plan for the worst, hope for the best. we only have computer (well now we have 2), and i knew something...somehow.... things would go badly.

personally in this case i'd treat it like this:
allow you 1 week to transfer anything you want from smash's account, and then i would delete the account.
i would ask you to not duel client even if he, and you are present. (dont' know if anyway to do this). maybe able to ask for a full screen shot and time stamp on demand. this goes for everyone. easy to say [time then hit print screen. copy and paste into paint, and send through email. screen shot must have the main tool bar on your pc showing all programs (sorry no privacy here) running. if refusal...account gets banned. now i know there maybe problems with things like. oh i was afk. too bad you can't make something that gives computer's idents. when playing...not just their ips. then he would know who's duel clienting by time.
meh then again what do i know.
alchjim
Passer by

Post by alchjim »

[quote="Cornbread"]Devlin you realize you can be banned from any establishment because the owner doesn't like you or you act inappropriately, right? If the owner is a moron and bans tons of people then all the vendors in the mall will leave since no one can buy there. Do you think when you go to a store the owner of the building has any clue what you buy or who is buying it? This method works quite well in real life and has worked just fine in UO for the last 15 years. This idea that you get a msg everytime someone buys something from you and then if they buy you out you can ban them is just stupid. What makes it even worse is it was enacted because one person whined and cried long enough to finally have something done personally for them.[/quote]

cornbread all i asked for was at new location they put in a fix that you could not hide and buy, that was it. i think if you want to buy out a vendor have the guts to stay in sight. i did not whine i did not beg. so just a lil more misinformation.
i would have been more then happy if had vendor banning. Colibri came up with this, did it help? yes. only while i was logged on. was it perfect no. did 2 people get banned wrong? yes did i fix that? yes, i apoligized to one he bought a miscolored keg which made look like he bought 3 and another time message was just flat out wrong. limits were so my regular customers could get some kegs. 90% of my customers had no problem with the limits. if they didn't they could go to dramoors. a couple messaged me and bought 20 that was fine. i knew ahead and could restock. go in my store read the book on the floor. Also any outside vendors that come into store are told ahead of time. they can make an informed decision.

Anarchy he should not have to lose his account he enjoyed game and will at some point enjoy it again, we had 3 computers 1 bit the dust. extra after Smash died we gave to my uncle because his died. Right now he is concentrating on finding work.
this is nuts anyway 1 time we were both kegging nyx came in(while we had 2 puters) talked to both of us at same time. when 3 were here we all did events together. because of my health i did not start hunting until about a year ago. I think event was taming rats in cove. This has been about 3 or 4 months of 1 computer out of 3 years having the account. his goal was to sell me his houses then if he had to let account go. he could start again and i would give them back. in trucking he does not think will have enough time that is long term right now he is looking for anything to pay his way to get cdl. if we had 1 computer from start anarchy i would absolutely agree with you.