Champion spawn participation reinvented

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Do you support this change

Poll ended at Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes, with the optional part
37%
Yes, but not the optional part
15%
No, leave it as it is.
48%

Total votes: 71

SnaponTools
Expert Scribe

Re: Champion spawn participation reinvented

Post by SnaponTools »

well first of all i probally do more champs the everyone else BUT at the same time i level weapons and i cllect resources for ALL my crafting that i do the point being is that peeps complain that they cant find a champ to do but if ur deidacted enough to RUNNING urself and makein things happen but to many peeps r lazy and only want to be told about it. Just a couple days ago i did about 15 champ and out of that 15 i announced 9 of them in chat and would u belive only two peeps showed up to help, now this doesnt bother be because i can solo any champ, but peeps r onc again to lazy to go and do it them selves they only complain WHEN they r acutally in the mood to hunt champs and cant find it u dont see tehm complain when they arnt out theri looking for it them selves. Its all a matter of gettign out their and checking on them frequentlyis ay get off ur lazy butts and do something for urselves. one day i wasnt even in the mood for champs but after tons and tons of complaing and i didnt have any of the timesi told anyone that wanted to see how to do champs to come and meet me an i would show them how i do it, well about 7 peeps showed up and WOW me still caught 5 in a row now stop. Once again its all about RUNNING and cehking them frequently. very seldom is otehr from my guild on line so we dont do a huge mass guild serch and report back to each other. I DO IT ALONE ALL THE FOOT WORK, and yet somedays i do 0 chmaps casue not in the mood, and when i am i start checking them at 1100 hours shard time and usally ALWAys catch at leas 4-7 champs in a row then u HAVE to write the times down and actully keep track and at 6 hours mark satrt rechecking. YES its ALOT of running around but the thought of it is HOW BAD DO U WANT TO DO SOMETHING. i cant count the times ive announced in global chat if u wnat to learn where all the times r come meet me and ill show u, but very few take me up on it, cause they dont wont to do all the running around they just wnat to be told its up and go straight to it knock it out and be on their way. AM i one of the strongest on the sahd, well IM FAR FROM IT, maybe in the tops 20 %, Dont i use pets, only one the MOAs and only casue they have high hits points. YES i think all chmap boss should have the same hits points to gvie everyoen a chance to get in theri and do some damage . NO i dont think thier should be a voting system due to the fact that anyone that gets in their and does even a littel damage gets a PS. the voting system was orignally put in their when there was only 6-7 PS to be gotten and to keep the peeps who catch the end and get a PS. DO i think that u should limit pets NO i dont casue alot depend on their pets for everything, remember this did satrt out a tamers Shard i have been here for almost 2 yrs now, and personally i think all spawns of all moster needs to be UPED, we have the same amount of spawn and actually most respawn rate have been increased from the time that we AVG 20-30 peeps as we do NOW AVERAGING 200-300 PEEPS COME ON HOW CAN U DO ANYTHING HARDLY NOW DAYS like that ,yes if it was me i put more areas for the most common hunting spots like MEL and destard and a few other spots. I mean comeon from wht im to undersatnd GM get paid planty of EDs to work a shard put them to work. so what if they have to RUN to a few spawners and increase the amount of spawn i owned a shard for 4-5 yrs nad i coud update anything on most of the most common spawns in about 3 days by myself just doing it manually . DO i think anything should be able to ONE HIT KILL peeps hell no thats just nuts nor do i think that almost every event should be a non stop death battle, theres plenty of ways to make a monster harder and make u have to work to saty alive without it one hit killing u i personaly feel that its for the staffs on enjoyment. i mean comeone staff has to do some thing there is very little that they can do as far as acutlly helping players for only the admins have the reall authority to do things most have to forward it to coli r his only otehr admin( the rest r just seers r GM r counslers) so its not like that can really do much but tell u that they wellexculate ur page to someone that can help. And this thing about u putting a page in and while u r first on que and it says there is no staff online to help u but yet staff is in glabal caht talking i mean comeone if u dont wnat to be bother thouggh any otehr means then pages shut off ur pms section, and last thing on champs i do BELIVE THERE also needs to be a afk checker at champs for it is a means of income selling PS and to many time i see peeps still casting spells macroing it after boss is dead.
Last edited by SnaponTools on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I think +C's new idea is perfect. I also there should be a max of 6 PS's per champ, with +C's idea of getting higher % based on how long you have been at the champ and not how much damage you do to it...

PS's are more common than flies on a carcass here.... I reckon they should be harder to get....
Dj Sticky
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dj Sticky »

I am pretty sure I do not like the idea of more champs. The only thing I see that accomplishing is crashing the scroll market. There are plenty of people who make the majority of their gold doing champs and selling scrolls and this would, in a few weeks, completely ruin their livelihood. I made my start here very quickly doing champs. I got the money for all my GoC/dex pieces and a relayered omni book from champing in about one month real time. There would be no chance of doing that if the market was flooded with power scrolls.

Everything, especially a PS, is dirt cheap h ere. No need to devalue them further. It drives me absolutely crazy that the majority of people want something for nothing. The prices on Bios, GoC, Oints etc is sooo sooo low on a shard were it is ridiculously easy to make money. When I first looked at this shards ruleset (before even logging on) I assumed it would be a production shard type of economy. 20 to 50 mill for the high end items (Best PS, best artis, best weapons) but in reality things are easily only 10-20% of that!
Omnipotent
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Omnipotent »

If tamers are going to get screwed like this then can +C beef up the multi-slot natural pets??! Just a simple damage multiplier vs champs would work based on how many slots the pet takes up.
Leonx
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Leonx »

Well for me it does not matter how it goes, so this will be interesting. You need some cheese to go with that whine. : o
Danilo Thann
Elder Scribe

Post by Danilo Thann »

A change needs to be added to the way Champion spawns are run. They are simply stale. Keep your PS's and give me something more exciting to Vie for.

How dumb is a champion to spawn in the same spot all the time any ways?

Movement please.

Tough waves with different monsters. No orc champions?

Variation. This is a game, not a gold collecting/ED printing/token collecting circus! (yes that was a tamer joke)

Taming = fun... Edit: when not everyone is a TAMER!!!! I'm just saying.

Cheers to everyone making a living with their sword, mage finger, or bow. Toodles to the angry animal pimps...
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Looks liek the 'Ayes' have it..... so far...

[quote="Omnipotent"] If tamers are going to get screwed like this then can +C beef up the multi-slot natural pets??! Just a simple damage multiplier vs champs would work based on how many slots the pet takes up. [/quote]

People have been trying to get multipet slots improved for years dude... read back through forums at how many posts are about multi slot pets sucking. I dont see this being changed anytime soon.

Tamers aren't being screwed... Taming goes like this... create new char. Enter world. Buy 110 taming ps (100k). Eat PS. Use skill ball. Buy a max rabbit for 100k. Congrats. You can now fight 95% of the mobs on the shard.

Once you got a single max pet and taming to control it you can farm insane amount of gold and oints so easily that you can buy relayers and head straight down the dex path... do you _really_ want the game to be easier. This is already one of the easiest UO servers I have played on in terms of character development... tamers have it easy. Enough said.

IMHO taming should be seriously nerfed.... but it never will be so i don't bother asking for it. What I do care about though is people that make comparisons between <1mil in pets saying they get screwed when Joe Bloggs over there doesn't get nerfed even though he has spend over 500million on his stat suit...

I honestly think that there has to be some degree of difficulty for the game to be enjoyable... as it stands I see people stand in my trees all day at champs then pop 5 noobles (not a typo) on the champ and receive the same reward as me who has invested far more in being able to druid through the champ and is able to just use a weapon to deal with the champ enabling lesser players to have more time to get enough hits onto the boss so that they get a PS. I have seen poor noobs who struggle through a whole champ get screwed at the end by 4 packs of 5 noobles killing it before they can blink...

I wholeheartedly agree with all the changes and am happy to see that so far Yes is getting more votes than No.

-John Warren
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

+Colibri, how is the results going to be determined? By added both yes columns together? Or each column on their own?
Sevalis
Passer by

Post by Sevalis »

John Warren is right - even if Tamers think they get nerfed (which they arent, one pet is more than enough) u can't even remotely compare their investment to a single relayer. For 500ED (which is ONLY the deed) i can buy 250 Nobles, at least 125 Mules or 3 maxed Bios with Gear cause Prices are Dumping for Pets. I also could get me some 5 imps and fully HP-oint four of them Oo All in all thats not too bad cause that makes pets nice for Starters. im glad i can prevail on my own now, cause i hated that slow bunch of horses dribbeling behind me :P

To the topic: Only thing really needs to be done is get rid of that Vote System to please the Masses. Guess then everyone would be happy. but since PS are extremely cheap and everywhre to get (I mean just look at the vendors) it would make sense to limit that massive PS output - so i voted yes, without the optional part (cause i didnt really get that and didnt wanna think to much :P)

Another thing john said: The thing with the trees. Hes right again there - would be nice if the druid could actually choose who he is supporting with the tree and who doesnt get free regen :D
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

I was under the assumption that the previously listed changes from the last time champ spawns came up would be enacted by now. Instead of being dumped and a new go-round of changes be proposed. Only problem I see with champ spawns is where the person with the druid book tanks the WHOLE spawn while everyone else stands there virtually invincible because they are standing in the trees with "all guard" and their 5 nobles, imps or whatever. Then when the trees drop the few who did 99% of the work to get there are the only ones willing to kill the last few white candles since the other people are still standing there "all guard". Champ pops and all the people who have been standing there now say "all kill" and target the champ and it dies in 2 seconds giving anyone who was actually killing the final mobs virtually no chance to get back to the champ and even get 1 hit in. Just give all the champs a lot more HP or limit the pets as you previously proposed, +Colibri. MoAs for instance live long enough that everyone has plenty of time to get hits in regardless of the number of pets involved. As for the voting in system and anything else involving the scrolls if you give any more scrolls out or a chance for more scrolls out you'll do exactly as DJSticky said and de-value them by flooding the vendors with even more. Gold is a non-factor in any of it because in the 20-30 mins you are doing the champ you could easily make a significant more amount of gold elsewhere with a couple of mules and the ever skillful macros of "all guard" and "all kill".
Omnipotent
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Omnipotent »

What 1 pet will you use if these changes are implemented?
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

what pet. hm... a bio :) selling bio's see market place for more info. woot! rock on the changes :)

actually back to reality... i think the only thing that needs to be done is bump all the champs to 60k. voting 2 red candles before the champ.

easyuo has a target script that runs off ids. if you do too add set !_creature listed there. mine switches from the current target to the champ.

oh yeah on pets. maybe set it so the champ doesn't take damage unless you use concerate weapon on it for x secs.
Last edited by anarchy on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amberly
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Amberly »

I like the idea of gold depending on when you enter a spawn, I do feel bad when I pop in at last candle, the nice people vote me in after doing all the work and then I come out with the same amount of gold as them. Same goes for ps. Beefing up a champ doesnt really seem too necessary, though I wouldnt mind it, especially according to the amount of people there. A champ that REALLY needs beefing is Semidar. Always been so weird seeing one of the harder champs having one of the weakest bosses. I do not like the optional part though. As people are saying, ps already flood the market, theres actually too many scrolls out there except for the higher end ones like animal taming. I would leave timers as is. The spawns only get flooded at certain times, alot of times you can even announce a champ is up and no one will come, maybe 2 or 3 peeps. I know that at one of the last oaks done Reese tried to be extra nice and announce Oaks was up. OAKS!! This is ridiculous to me but guess how many people came? Not a single soul. Doesnt sound like enough people obviously care enough to do champs as it is. Even if they thought he was joking, you couldnt double check?? Id rather run to check the champ and feel dumb than not check and feel dumber for missing out.

[quote="Danilo Thann"]How dumb is a champion to spawn in the same spot all the time any ways?[/quote]

I wouldnt call it dumb but I think this is an excellent idea, if you have no idea where the champs gonna pop then people cant crowd the alter to "all kill" the boss. I wouldnt have it pop outside of the screen of the champ so you have to hunt it down but you could have it spawn to the left of the alter, right, middle, ect...
As for afk checks I do not see why not. You get checked for axing deco in your house, why not for people at champs who are gathering gold and ps?
Altogether I am not 100% sure of these new implications, though they do seem for the better. The best way is to implement it into the game and see what happens. People will complain about it but you wont REALLY know if you like the changes until you actually see how it works.
Eben
Passer by

Post by Eben »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of Taming.

When I first started here and did the newb MoA champ for the first time, I realized that I needed Taming to tank the champ. I'm not one to rely on others much at all. The first few times, I tried to rely on melee and I missed out on a PS. I'm thinking that this scenario is a typical one for beginners, and is steering the beginning champers to taming.

The jump from using pets to straight up beasting the champ without them seems to be a large one. You either need a ton of dex and good gear, or a druid book.

--

As for the amount of PS and their price, I thought they were pretty good.
Alas, I do not play as much as others, and am probably on the poor side.
Reese
Elder Scribe

Post by Reese »

I voted

I think this is a great idea. I let alot of people in after voting and it does seem more fair for the people that started the champ to get more than someone who came in near the end. I love the part about the single pet on bosses. Gives everyone enough time to attack and do some damage before the boss dies to a herd of MAXED pets from 5-10 players.