Excelsior Web Radio

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How interested would you be in Excelsior's Web Radio?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:10 am

Very interested, I'd even help DJing
19%
I'd probably listen to it every day
14%
I think I'd just tune in from time to time to see what's on
36%
Not interested
31%

Total votes: 36

+Colibri
Administrator

Excelsior Web Radio

Post by +Colibri »

Well had an idea a few weeks back about making a web stream for the players here (also available for anyone else who'd like to listen). And just yesterday a player proposed the idea.

How interested would you be in this radio station of ours?

The music would be mostly general pop, well I suppose all sorts of genres but nothing hardcore or underground :) Just music you'd listen to regularly. And I suppose we'd mix in some of our favorites. Or perhaps music that was made by our own players (as long as it's humane, lol).

Poll runs 15 days.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Chyna
Expert Scribe

Re: Excelsior Web Radio

Post by Chyna »

Don't believe you need my opinion, but i voted anyway ;)
kennyblankenship
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kennyblankenship »

I really do love the idea!!! I'd check in all the time, but I have a really loud brother who listens to metal... If it passes I'll stop by to check it out whenever he crashes... lol
kennyblankenship
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kennyblankenship »

I'd kill for some headphones in this house... right now Mom's got country kickin' and metalheadbro is looking upset lol I love my family...
Chyna
Expert Scribe

Post by Chyna »

**chuckles** sounds like you need to introduce them to "mash ups"... cowboy troy meets Cradle of FIlth.... mmm Big n Rich meets Children of Bodom... lol
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

A little bump to see if we can get more votes in.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
lightswrath

Post by lightswrath »

I think its a good idea.At the very least,it could promote general discussion that anyone
could get involved in.
Rune
Elder Scribe

Post by Rune »

ye its a good idea

gief some good varity ORChestras :P
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jax2 »

Personally, I think most of us have our own collection of music that we listen to already while playing, or, if not, have chosen not to listen to music. I for one would have no interest in this myself, but unlike others, if it's something some people want, even though I won't use it, I'm not opposed to it at all.
sev

Post by sev »

I dont want to come across as a pessimist but ive seen this done on several sites..U/O,Kingpin & WoW & it has only lasted the short while that "new things" do :(

That said..if you want to give it a go :)..may i suggest the following which will spark interest & longevity..

Guest D.J.s but..as much as possible with Regular slots like friday night is jar Jar,s Indie.. or whatever so ppl know what theyre going to listen too.Some D.J.s get a following ;)
Get the djs to keep a char ingame & to link up/give quiz questions out "on the radio" the first person whos pm reaches their char "ingame" to get a prize.
Try as much as possible to spice up the music offering with live commentary,quality jingles & Special guest interviews..(can be recorded)

We also ran "On Air" adverts for radio competition winners/competitors vendors which were great for "live special offers"

i am enthusiastic for you :)..good luck.
TsiyaAma
Master Scribe

Post by TsiyaAma »

If I had a sound card, I'd give it a shot. As the situation stands, /bump for those who do, and music taste is a very individual thing. Also, with the filesharing thing being all over the place, how would we stand legally if someone played say, Metallica?
Franz Ferdinand
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

Sounds good.
Asgeir
Passer by

Post by Asgeir »

I voted before I saw "well I suppose all sorts of genres but nothing hardcore or underground." That counts me out.