New type of PvP on the shard

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How do you like this idea?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:02 am

Good idea, it will be a great way for more excitement for some players
28%
I'm not into PvP but that's fine with me
11%
I don't have an opinion
3%
I don't much like the idea but I don't really care
6%
This is a bad idea
52%

Total votes: 87

Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Re: New type of PvP on the shard

Post by Undertaker »

*stops beating the dead horse*

Did either of you read all and each comment on this topic? from ALL 12 pages? .... Including the comment that involves 2 other topics related to this topic... My memory doesnt recall but i believe theres 300+ posts, of which all have been people that have said the SSSAAAMMMMEEE stuff as you guys...

*in despise of this topic, resumes beating the dead horse*
dillingham
Legendary Scribe

Post by dillingham »

Have i posted my option on this topic before because im pretty sure everyone on this shard has the right to there option on a topic.I stopped reading the post becuase it was abunch of you guys whining back and forth.Sorry to inconvenience you maybe next time dont waste you time and just skip the post.
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

*beating dead horse*
dillingham
Legendary Scribe

Post by dillingham »

Thanks for the bump *winks*
All Mighty
Apprentice Scribe

Post by All Mighty »

i think that this would be the best thing in the game i would love to do it and i dont know if i would ever make my guy a blue again. the only thing is as a tamer i would have to ask that pets would and could be used but i would say that event as a person who has more then 5 pets i would say that a limit of pets would be a must. but PLZ FOR THE LOVE OFR GOD DO THIS I DONT CARE IF I DO IT WOULD SO BE WORTH IT TO DO IT
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

Then join a shard with pvp... 4plus years with no pvp (with exception of the pvp dungeon) and this is still a successful shard...

Anyone so far who posts, have been copying someone elses post atleast 3x now.. It doesnt matter how you say it, SOMEONE has said it the same way, but you guys wouldnt know that now would you, you atleast read how the system works, then skip the whole topic (12 pages) and post ur opnion...

The term "beating dead horse" means this is a dead topic... Maybe santa will grant me my wish for xmas to lock this topic forever... Not sure what a year+ hot dead topic would have any point now, other then peoples "thoughts" or "opnions" this poll has been closed for for a long time now, there is no way Colibri will implement this system due to the votes, and just becuz some of the recent thoughts of the new people here that want pvp, this has all been discussed... Nothing but a *** **** nuke waiting to hit Excelsior...
dillingham wrote:make the battle ground only in fel
Really? i thought Tram would be delightful... Doesnt even sound like you read the first post in this topic, which states:
+Colibri wrote:4. Red players could only travel to felucca and ilshenar
You see man, this shard would be doomed if such pvp was implemented... You get people yelling stuff like this who havent been here for 3 months
All Mighty wrote:i think that this would be the best thing in the game i would love to do it and i dont know if i would ever make my guy a blue again. the only thing is as a tamer i would have to ask that pets would and could be used but i would say that event as a person who has more then 5 pets i would say that a limit of pets would be a must. but PLZ FOR THE LOVE OFR GOD DO THIS I DONT CARE IF I DO IT WOULD SO BE WORTH IT TO DO IT
People like this (which has been discussed already) would be the ones to ruin pvp "i would have to ask that pets would and could be used" What? ... You want pets to be used, The most insecure way of pvp, pets... Cant win? You would be surprised who can withstand a band of nobles... Tamers are not pvpers, that is just the red attitude we want around here... Not to even mention the whole (which has ALSO BEEN Discussed!!) "pvp talk" "pwn3d, now stay down b****" *rez killed* "what part of stay down ***** dont you get" .... "im better then you, lets duel.... HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAH SEEEE?!?!! I TOLD YOU I WAS BETTER NE NER NE NER NE NERRRRR" Memories from the UO:R days... Nothing good comes from pvp, pvp will turn this shard into every other shard out there...

Im done here, hopefully that brings sense into some of you in understanding why the bigger crowd chose excelsior as home, if turned into pvp, this home will be sold, and will be searching for a new home... (without pvp)

ps. i am not flaming anyone, i apologize if you thought i was aiming my cannons at you, i was not... Thank you
dillingham
Legendary Scribe

Post by dillingham »

I agree that a strait up PVP would bring in the annoying im the beadest dude ever deal.I was think if you made it a guild vs guild thing were the guild has to have been around along enough for them to ingage in war with another guild.Also,having where both guild have to agree to the term to be at war.I think if done right an idea like that could be fun.In no way do i want this sevre to have a bunch of people running around pawning each other slinging names that always ruins the fun of a good mmo.So i guess i dont want PVP but maybe GVG
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well although i found that many votes here are made without first reading the initial post, still this won't go through. It's a very old topic anyways. The main factor here is that with more PvP (and it being more interesting) we could anticipate the playerbase changing over time, more "pwnzors", and this is not the kind of shard for this.

Since everything has already been discussed, I'm locking the topic.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)