New type of PvP on the shard

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How do you like this idea?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:02 am

Good idea, it will be a great way for more excitement for some players
28%
I'm not into PvP but that's fine with me
11%
I don't have an opinion
3%
I don't much like the idea but I don't really care
6%
This is a bad idea
52%

Total votes: 87

Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Re: New type of PvP on the shard

Post by Undertaker »

Amen Sista!
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Wow, the irony.

I expressed similar views regarding PvP, and received a half dozen disparaging replies.

Hypocrisy, gotta love it.

And fyi? I didn't ridicule Excelsior, only some of the people who pretend to be something they're not.

I asked repeatedly that the discussion stop, because I felt we all had spoken our piece.

You can speak ill of me all you like, but keep in mind, you're hardly any more popular than the next person.

So stop trying to portray me in the ill-mannered way that you are.. it won't work. I feel despite Licos and I's brief altercation, we've agreed to disagree. Not everyone will share the same views that I do, but surely, most won't be nearly as ridiculous as you have, in ridiculing my every post. If you mention me, or direct something at me, of COURSE I will respond.

I've seen Ryan ban people from access to the RunUO community (which we are all a part of) for much less than what you've been doing. We had what I HAD considered a debate, that you turned into something much more personal by involving comments regarding my personal life and my psychi.

I'd love to stay around and chat, but I have guild matters to attend to.. oh, that's right, its not POSSIBLE for me to be liked, so this guild with 14 or 15 active (daily) members must be fictional!!!

If only you'd been in the circles I was in when I first joined here.. I've learned to accept the advice given from other players regarding certain people to avoid. In some cases they were wrong, in other cases.. well, they were quite right.
Craig
Expert Scribe

Post by Craig »

You brought up your personal life. Making it fair game to be talked about.
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

~Craig -
No, I mentioned being laid off of work for the winter.. that's not necessarily personal, but a relevance point, to the amount of hours I've been able to log for Excelsior.
Making snide remarks pertaining to my personal character, agenda, and/or psychi has no bearing on this forum. Insulting both my intelligence and my mental state is beyond personal. Llexa, as far as I'm concerned has been blacklisted from anything regarding me; my threads, my guild, my marketing, etc. She took "personal attacks" to an all new level.
Will I report her? No.. For two reasons: One being that I truly believe in Karma, and that what goes around, comes around. The other being the simple fact that she is purely a waste of my time and energy.
Besides, I've heard better insults, by much better people. Nice try though, Llexa! =)
everwolf
Adept Scribe

Post by everwolf »

My two cents and my own thoughts! I decided to come to this shard and play here based on no pvp and being a family shard. That is why I chose to come here....If I want to do pvp I will go and join a PVP shard....Am I against PvP per se? no but I am not for it on Excelsior as that is not why I came here. Would you go to a PVP shard and ask them to make it a PVM only shard? My answer would be no.
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Aye, your post makes perfect sense. Thus why I said I'm neither really for, nor against it. Most people weren't asking for Excelsior PvP-based, not from what I read, but rather to make it more "balanced", essentially.

Granted, I'm quite fine with the amount of PvP offered.. PvP Dungeon, and duels amongst guildies.

I would LOVE to see the restoration of guilds being able to wage war, but I don't see that happening, unless Coli adds a PvP-flagging script, enabling players to flag/un-flag themselves for PvP..

It's not right, that there ARE people who demand things to be one way or the other.. to suggest, is fine.. But in the end, you need to respect that other people have their own views.. there's a pro and a con to everything. (and none of that last bit, is directed at you, as you've only stated its fine the way it is, just like I did..)

=)
Licos
Elder Scribe

Post by Licos »

"I feel despite Licos and I's brief altercation, we've agreed to disagree."

Interesting… The only thing I will agree with is that after trying to speak with your best interest in mind, getting bashed, apologizing and clarifying, and then getting bashed again, that you're just trying to sidestep the fact that you were totally called out for being a hypocrite shouting "hypocrisy" with the very words you used.

Don't assume anything. In fact, it may be best that you leave me and my guildmate Llexa out of the remainder of your posts.

-Licos
Gumbi
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Gumbi »

This was an interesting thread to read through...Good entertainment
Its nice to see people talking about pvp on the shard again too, I wonder how many times the pvp issue has been debated now.
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

~Gumbi -
Indeed it IS good. There is nothing wrong with a little debate over the more important things regarding the server. =) Outside of the 2 main threads, I haven't noticed much discussion regarding PvP..

~Licos -
Oh? Well then.. that changes thing a bit huh?
The feeling is mutual..
Enough said.. =)
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

*bites tongue...* wow...

*casts bless--changes into angelic faith-- begins beating the DEAD HORSE at an INCREDIBLE rate!!!*

(now gimme a 4 page post of how ridiculous this post was, and how i just bashed you, and possibly a lil "how everyone hates me", maybe also something on the dead horse, OH and some pirates ... Go)
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Haha... your immaturity progresses, but sadly in the wrong direction.. =(

Besides, what EVER could possibly make you think, that your anything more than a doormat? Hmm? I just tread through some poo in this thread, and now I'm wiping my feet on your face.. ooo yummy =)

oh yea... YAAAAAARRRRRRRRR ^.^

Buh bye now..

*clicky ==> foe*
+Rayne
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Rayne »

That will be quite enough. I strongly suggest that this thread remain on topic. I have read through these posts as of late, and the fracture, as it was referred to has in fact met it's end. If I see one more post come from this topic that refers to anything of this fractured topic, there will be suspension of the user's account. This includes gratitude and/or argument and/or comment related to this post.

Furthermore, I do recommend that if ones intention is to remain with Excelsior, that one must learn how to behave in a civilized manner. There shall be no secondary threads created to continue this, either.

+Rayne
[Administrator of Excelsior]

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent to give strength to make it fly.
Kaiana
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaiana »

After reading through this thread I just wanted to say: WOW. For many reasons.

I personally would never be into PvP because its the main problem I had with old-school UO. While it was realistic that people could kill anyone anywhere and steal items and such it was very annoying when one would work their butt off and get some good items only to have them stolen by some jerk. So as long as the PvP system was separate from all other gameplay, I wouldn't mind.
scraggity
Passer by

Post by scraggity »

i like the idea and would be in favor of some type of guild war function so that guilds could be at war but not red to other players give guilds something new to do :]
dillingham
Legendary Scribe

Post by dillingham »

[quote="scraggity"]i like the idea and would be in favor of some type of guild war function so that guilds could be at war but not red to other players give guilds something new to do :][/quote]

i think this idea would be great but make the guild waring were both guilds have to choose to be at war with each other.I think that would take away to much of the strong trying to gank the weak and still add a lvl of thrill to it.If that isnt enough then also make the battle ground only in fel.Also, With the guild wars you could do something were the toughest waring guild hold city.But make the city's the less popular one's that way you dont get an oer crowd in place people farm for oints and ect.