New channel - trade chat?

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Should we add a second public channel just for trade?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes, urgently
32%
Yes, could help but no big deal if it stays as it is now
41%
I don't have an opinion
5%
No need to, it would just confuse things and nothing would improve
16%
No, please don't, I am strongly against
5%

Total votes: 37

+Colibri
Administrator

New channel - trade chat?

Post by +Colibri »

I see lots of selling and buying and inquiring these days, how do you think about opening a second channel just for that? It would be possible to disable yourself from that channel, meaning you wouldn't hear any more trade if you decided not to.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
zell
Apprentice Scribe

Re: New channel - trade chat?

Post by zell »

Could be a Great idea Because sometime we see a lot of Flood because of this and dont see well in our screen i think this could be very great :)
Cree A'dor
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cree A'dor »

I think that would help out a lot. If people don't want to see someone every two minutes saying, "Buying/Selling Bulk Iron Ingots, PM me with offers." Then they can just turn off that channel and not have to hear it anymore.

I am all for the new channel.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

I'll agree, a seperate channel (possibly sub-channels as well) would definitely cut the spamming in Global by a ton.

I know as a merchant its hard to advertise your wares/location repeatedly without having somebody complain, even when ads are limited to every 30-60 minutes.
amadman
Elder Scribe

Post by amadman »

I voted yes urgent.

But only because it would cut down on all the spamming that is going on in the chat lately.

I think having a rule against spamming the chat would work just as good for that problem. Then directing/encouraging them to use the forums for that kind of thing.
Kile Morgan
Elder Scribe

Post by Kile Morgan »

Yes please.

It gives players who do not wist to see this in general chat what they want. It helps those who wish to buy/sell a easier time to see or be seen without the rest of the general chat mixed in.
Bubba Ho Tep
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Bubba Ho Tep »

As long as you could be in both at the same time, it would be great. But if not, then lots of our "spontaneous helpers" could go to this commerce channel, and let the noobies (like me) by thmselves...
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

The only thing is, whether or not people will actually post to the trade chat, instead of the world chat.

I think for the most part, posting trades in world chat would be shunned upon. And so people would probably move to trade chat.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

I'd also like to point out that I seem to be the ONLY one who uses the in-game chat interface, why not get those 'shunned' people to start using that instead of having to write some more code? :P
Lateralus
Master Scribe

Post by Lateralus »

I don't know.. the way I see it is, the world chat should be for world chatting. It'd be nice to be able to turn off the ads every once in a while is all I'm saying.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Lateralus wrote:I don't know.. the way I see it is, the world chat should be for world chatting. It'd be nice to be able to turn off the ads every once in a while is all I'm saying.
Yes, that's why I recommend people use the Chat interface for trades, so they aren't bothering people on [c chat.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

how about a adult chat too ;) ?
Kaervas
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaervas »

Thought I'd push this to the top again - though I suspect the people who are currently causing me to feel the renewed need for a trade channel would likely not use it and continue spamming [c like they currently do.