Poll: Types of Vet Rewards

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

What types of new veteran rewards would you most like to see?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:27 pm

New Mounts
21%
New Deco (banners, addons, etc)
20%
New Statuettes
1%
Armor/Weapons with stats
19%
Armor/Weapons with patch graphics
17%
New Dye Tubs
5%
Player Titles (displayed beneath character name)
19%

Total votes: 200

+Nyx
Administrator

Poll: Types of Vet Rewards

Post by +Nyx »

I'm working on a proposal of veteran reward updates for +C to review. I'd like to find out what types of vet rewards are most desirable to the player base.

Note that any additions to the veteran rewards will be exclusive to that purpose: they will not be made available via other methods.

You can post to explain your choices if you like but please refrain from filling the thread with specific reward suggestions- I will host a brainstorming session in-game and/or post a suggestion thread once I reach that stage. This is just the first step in the process, so that I can see which categories should receive the most attention.
:dance
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Poll: Types of Vet Rewards

Post by culichi »

new deco would be cool if its limited to one per account like a banner proclaiming joe smith is a 5 year vet of uoex or something like that. I also like the titles option since that would be fun and also avoid clutter of unwanted vet reward statues/tubs.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'd like to see the deco be one per account as well.

I'm hoping to convince +C to move the vet reward statuettes into a different system all together, then fill in the lower-end vet rewards with some new stuff instead. I think it would really help freshen up the earlier stages of the rewards tiers and give the statuettes some new life elsewhere.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I would love to see some new armour/wep graphics but knowin my luck they'll be for 5 yr vet rewards lol
But overall love the idea :)
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Would the new wep graphics act like an appearance change? Currently only option is wep change but that changes entire wep. I would like say a Yumi to still work exactly like a Yumi but look like say a wand!! Harry Potter anyone? (Just an example, i know a wand isn't going to be a new graphic hehe)
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

This is exciting news!
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

I agree with some rewards that can be used as a graphic for relayering. Give our weapons and armor a fresh look so were not all wearing the same stuff :)
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Why is titles mentioned when those can already be purchased by players?

I agree with apocalypse we are in desperate need for some fresh looks but vet rewards might not add much more selections. Just having a few new ones as rewards will only create another common look or two. We need some straight up crafting additions to really give us some variety and +C addressed this abit saying something was in the works.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

[quote="Octavius Thorn"]Why is titles mentioned when those can already be purchased by players? [/quote]

"displayed beneath character name" Might look something like a guild title, who knows :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Title_Example.png
Title_Example.png (107.22 KiB) Viewed 8204 times
:D
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

All the options in the poll seem wonderful except for the part of the weapon with stats which I do not see it as fair. The rewards for this subject should not affect game play in anyway in my opinion. Although seeing some wikis I see it has been incremented that way.

Leave this link bellow as a reference to what I was saying.
http://www.uoguide.com/Veteran_reward
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

[quote="Silent"]The rewards for this subject should not affect game play in anyway in my opinion.

[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of weapon or armor with stats as a reward either because unless they are better than a relayer I doubt anyone fully relayered would be selecting them. Maybe a mid-range "vet" reward for up and coming players would get used. Although I do tend to agree with Silent's point as well. I selected mounts on the poll, but anything vanity would be best, deco or new clothes. I wouldn't want another title myself but maybe others would.

I'd like to see some rewards need like 5, 7.5, or even 10 years to collect. It would be cool and it would also serve to show new players that this shard is here to stay. Like our 2 year reward now is the oldest and it seems to be a fairly common item in the grand scheme of things.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I posted it in the other thread, but I'll be making veteran rewards up to the 15 year mark :)

I personally don't care for the stat-based items either, but one of the things that +C passed along to me to consider adding was a stat based item, so I felt it necessary to include the category here. With new content and the facets upcoming, adding even more artifacts/stat-based items seems excessive. I have lots of really cool ideas for vet rewards that don't involve stats and I think once +C sees the completed list then he'll agree that we really don't need many (or any) stat items in this system.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

+Nyx haha perfect, can I keep it? :P
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

For those of you who didn't choose "new dye tubs" as one of your options, were the other options just too good or do you have an aversion specifically to the dye tubs? I'm curious, because I'd hoped to add a few otherwise-publicly-unavailable hues to the vet rewards rotation but seems the dye tubs are gettin' almost no love at all lol