Green Acres Housing, Part Deux

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Which plot size would you purchase?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:07 pm

17%
29%
23%
3%
3%
3%
23%

Total votes: 35

+Nyx
Administrator

Green Acres Housing, Part Deux

Post by +Nyx »

I am starting to iron out the details of this with the rest of the staff, and am hoping to implement it sometime before summer. We don't have any set details that I can share quite yet, but I am working on mapping out where each plot will go, and how many of each size will be available. It will help me if I get an idea of what plot sizes will be the most desirable for y'all.

Please vote according to what you would buy for yourself/your guild if you could afford it (IE: don't take finances into account at this time, as we have no pricing to give you yet).

Each size is listed as the number of 18x18's the plot will be sized for. So the '6' option means 6 18x18's, plus a 10-ish tile no-placement space near each fence that would border a given plot.

Please also note that there will not be any option to upgrade your plot once you purchase it - unless you simply buy a new one and move to it. So, if you purchase a 6-plot, and later want to move up to a 12, you will have to wait until a 12 is available for sale (if there isn't one at that time), and pay the purchase price in its entirety. Your homes would be moved to it and you would lose the previous 6-plot.

For the previous discussion regarding this topic, visit: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9571
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Re: Green Acres Housing, Part Deux

Post by lestatzero »

Before I place any kind of vote that could skew your data I had a few questions.

Since I already have over 40 plots already joined would it be an option to just relocate them all to this new area? or would I have to Demolish all of them?

The reason I ask this Is my 40+ plots are currently sunk by 1 level each which is a 4k ed investment along with the 2k + Ed paid for joining them.

So my questions are Can already established housing be moved and will Sinking be allowed and if so by how many levels.

Thanks.

Lestat
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Moving houses there will be expected. To my knowledge, the green acres area can have at least 3 basement levels.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Thank you for the fast reply +Nyx
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Thanks Nyx! I take it you haven't ironed out exactly how they'll be parceled out?

-Iago
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No, that's part of what I'm doing right now. Once I have a better idea what plot sizes will be most wanted, I'll start mapping out the land we've set aside for this, and then I'll know how many of each size plot will be available. From there we will determine how everything will work, and at the last we'll determine how they'll be offered for sale. Some will be auctioned or raffled, but the majority will likely be for open sale. I'd probably create some sort of sign-up in advance of actual sales, and we'd just go down the list when it's time to offer them.

For anyone who isn't familiar with this topic, it was previously discussed here: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9571
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

How will recalling to these places work, will I be able to have a rune right in front of my house? I mainly ask because I have a huge rune library and have been wanting to expand the building. If the rune has to be by the road, will be be able to have house to house gates placed right beside where we recall in?

- Simply Delicious
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Read through the thread I linked, most of those kinds of things are answered there :)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Of course I can see myself never being able to afford the number of plots that I'd like :)
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Thanks again Nyx! Another "stop bothering me Iago!" question...
I know this is an awesome work in progress, but do you have a rough guestimate for implementation of the housing portion?
I've been busting my butt and my bank account with housing (Requiem and Coli can tell you the nightmares of placing houses for me just so!), so if it's vaguely soon (3 months or so) I can lay off and just get the plot of my dreams and save a lot of effort. :)

-Iago
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Any chance 40's can be there own continent or large island?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm aiming to have it opened before summer, but a lot will depend on my health and +C's ability to code some stuff for it.

Jerry, no - these will be in green acres (on flat grassland), so they won't be over water or on their own land masses.
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

understood and thank you for the quick reply.
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

any chance of making structures/buildings within say a 40 rentable?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

[quote="Sailor Jerry"]Any chance 40's can be there own continent or large island?[/quote]

Given that there is planned to be a 10 square area from the edge of the plots to the surrounding wall, and that yard items should be placeable there, you could construct your own.
Of course you probably couldn't fish or use a boat, but it would look like an island.