How did you find UOEx

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How did you find UOEx

Poll ended at Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:46 pm

UOGateway
13%
ConnectUO
5%
Friend from another shard
5%
Friend from real life
13%
A forum of some sort
No votes
Search engine (google, yahoo, altavista :p)
38%
Advertisement
5%
Other (please specify)
23%

Total votes: 40

Aviax
Passer by

Re: How did you find UOEx

Post by Aviax »

2 old gamers, i've been playing with in what.. 2-3 year it might be now, joined..

Now it is time for me to play along with them :)
Kile Morgan
Elder Scribe

Post by Kile Morgan »

Since it isn't locked.

After having yet another disappointment from a online game during offtime I started to again play ultima (7 part 2 this time) Then I remembered that I hadn't had the chance to play the online version when it came out as I was in the Army. Well it was the only one I haven't played so I opened foxfire and googled Ultima online which led me to a top 200 site that this shard was advertised on. Read a little on the rules and decided to try it.
Tuon
Passer by

Post by Tuon »

I first found Grimwold but was very unhappy with it so I searched the Top 200 list. I wanted a non-PvP shard and this one sounded like home to me.
Tigerstorm
Master Scribe

Post by Tigerstorm »

Been on 6 differents shards before this one. Got bored of lack of challenges and seeked on the top 200 list. This shard has quite a few great challenges to keep me occupied for a darn while !!! (MI quest for exemple, breeding the maybe first level 50 pet, trying to make a level 40 or 42 chicken, building a nice yarn, 30 hives to take care off, etc...) And a lot of custom stuff !!

Edited : I thought I could raise a pet to 50, seems it "jams" at 45 ((42 + 42) /2 + 1 to 3 = max 45...), so , sorry about the bad info...
Last edited by Tigerstorm on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smth12342
Journeyman Scribe

Post by smth12342 »

I found uoex on a search engine. and boy im glad i did i love it its so awesome. ^-0 ive tried a cppl others since i quit uo after the release of kingdom reborn. played around on uo gamers hybrid for a bit but didn't like it so much. this freeshard rocks though. im very impressed. everyone is really nice. well my avatar is named dedbob so hope to see you all around. thanks
lucky

Post by lucky »

My sisters, Slavery and Leviathan. lol
kennyblankenship
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kennyblankenship »

Yup! :D I got my little sister (Leviathan) on, then bugged my big sister (Lucky) to play too and she got her husband (toby maguire) to play as well! lol :P O yah and my name's kenny blankenship cuz i was watching WAY too much MXC when I started on this shard lmfao
Striker
Adept Scribe

Post by Striker »

I was playing on the OSI shards, complaining to a buddy about how i couldn't afford to get my daughter an account. He recommended this shard, and went on for an hour telling me how great it was and SAFE for my daughter to play. That same day I logged in to check it out. Guess what? HE WAS RIGHT!!! Thanks for a safe place for my daughter to learn the thrill of UO!!
Bruce
Expert Scribe

Post by Bruce »

A friend of mine, who plays on this shard as Kanubis, got me into this game since he noticed that I was into intricacies of certain games. He told me this game was full of intricacies. At first, I didn't take the game seriously and thought you just go out and face the world. I was in for a rude awakening. However, once I actually got in to the game (I had NEVER played this kind of game before), I started to get into it and started to figure out so many of the game's myriad of intricacies.. Yet I still have a whole lot more to learn and the willingness to do so.
Zerrex
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Zerrex »

I was actually on a run of playing all the old games I have around here (Diablo 2, Fallout Tactics, etc.) and I figured why not play UO again, then looked up freeshards on google.
Trygg
Master Scribe

Post by Trygg »

UO Excelsior was a last resort for a stable shard. I would prefer slow skill gains, good population, at least somewhat honorable player interaction and PvP with a few murderers to keep me on me toes. However, I was left with coming where I could. Shards that could not accommodate my UO Client, Rampant PK slaughtering or plain out right unstable or down too often; was just out right not acceptable.

oh, you wanted to know: How... It was through one of the many UO Voting sites. I've no clue which one.
krothu
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by krothu »

After being in another UO shard for 5 years the PK there was completly out of control. Began searching for a new home where I can have my RP and PvE without running into PKs every 5 minutes. After sampling a few places I discovered this shard and liked it. It was what I was looking for and its got the best staff Ive seen (they interact with players)
Brotherwolf
Elder Scribe

Post by Brotherwolf »

I started out in 97 on atlantic and a few years later was Counselor Osiris on Greatlakes. I think i Quit sometime in 2003 for good and never looked back.I tried so many other games until Danillo Thann a good friend convinced me to try UOEX back in February 2010.To be honest I was like come on bro that games so old and dusty!I got hooked fast lol and even brought out my old cloth map and other maps. I love everything about this shard. Also I do not miss the PVP aspect as I was there from the early days when it was brutal even when you traveled with 5 or more pals. Its so nice to be able to go anywhere and soak in the game without having to feel like a wildcat looking over his shoulder at the watering hole. I have no intention of trying any other shard as this one definately feels like home.

Wolf
lucifer
Apprentice Scribe

Post by lucifer »

After programming for Ranger's of Galan'dil for about 2 years we had to shut the server down. I stopped playing for about a year then wanted to get back into UO, so I started searching the various "Vote" sites and came across UOEX. It seemed close to my own server so I gave it a try. Been here ever since! :)
MagicMixture
Apprentice Scribe

Post by MagicMixture »

youtube