OPEN Easy UO?

Name says it all
Svytlich
Novice Scribe

OPEN Easy UO?

Post by Svytlich »

Hi All,

I could not find this as a topic but sorry if this is a duplicate.

Am I crazy or did there used to be a program that was called OPEN Easy UO or Open EUO (had a blue logo rather than red like EUO). I feel like this ran scripts better and with less issues than EUO. After some searching online I turned up nothing.

Any help people could give would be great. Looking for some current scripts for things like mining and lumberjacking. I use UOS as well.

Thanks,

Svyt
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: OPEN Easy UO?

Post by Johnny Warren »

You aren't crazy, it exists. Was less crashy than EasyUO... I used to use it to run scripts and UOSteam for helper apps before switching to Orion. I have quite a few scripts for it somewhere.... although I am not their author.

As to how to install it, I don't know. I don't think it's wrll supported now.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

I don't really use EUO for anything except for occasional lumberjacking. It is very iffy and does tend to freeze up and crash/freeze the client a lot with no real rhyme or reason behind what triggers the crash. :/

I can do most stuff with UOSteam, but have been eyeing Orion. I really don't want to rewrite everything though. :D

Is there an option in Orion for the old-style movement from the original 2D client? For some reason the smooth movement really throws me off and feels alien. D:

Though Razor Enhanced also seems neat since the idea of being able to code in Python is very intriguing. :D
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

He was asking about Open EUO not EUO. Open uses an entirely different scripting language to EUO (I think) and doesn't crash like EUO does. Also, you will get used to the smooth movement and graphics on Orion. It took me ages as well, but I got used to it. I prefer it now
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Svytlich wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:22 pm
Am I crazy or did there used to be a program that was called OPEN Easy UO or Open EUO (had a blue logo rather than red like EUO). I feel like this ran scripts better and with less issues than EUO. After some searching online I turned up nothing.
It exists. It used a "real" programming language and had excellent documentation which you can find here: http://www.easyuo.com/openeuo/wiki/inde ... umentation

The download, unfortunately, is locked behind http://www.easyuo.com/downloads.php#oeuo which is currently a badly broken web site. It appears to still be here though: http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/openeuo/bin/

Note that I've had poor results with the latest releases. The 2023 release in particular causes the client to freeze if you exit and restart openeuo. I think the one I'm using is the one attached.
Attachments
openeuo_171023.zip
(948.08 KiB) Downloaded 35 times